Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Alderson Federal Prison Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alderson Federal Prison Camp Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison Camp for women in Alderson, West Virginia.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:03 AM

Walkingtourist,

I have spoken to Kathleen and Brian and they were heaven sent. I was in very good spirits after speaking with them.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 03:33 PM
wandering into the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel4875 View Post
Walkingtourist,

I have spoken to Kathleen and Brian and they were heaven sent. I was in very good spirits after speaking with them.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:04 AM

Well the journey has begun. I am on Amtrak on my way to Alderson.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:14 PM

Sooninside,

I'll be on the train Tuesday evening! Be safe and I hope to meet you face to face.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:33 PM

Post Closest to my family & Home

Hello everyone! I've been following information on Alderson Camp and as much as I hate the idea of leaving my family, I'm praying I go to Alderson. I'm new to this forum as many are, and I'm really stupid when it comes to the legal system. I have no clue what to expect, what's next, or what's to follow???

I accepted a plea agreement in November to avoid a 10-15 year sentence. I'm a first offender, non-violent conspiracy crime, so I will be a scheduled/controlled I and I am a 15 - which holds 18 to 24 months, with that said - I'm hoping to be a SS and I'm praying for Alderson so I don't lose complete contact with my family and my 8 year old daughter. It's so scary knowing someone else will be raising my little girl, when it's only been her and I from the begginning. But after lots of tears, anger, and regret I have to face the reality. My sentencing date is 3/19/2012, what happens after that? And how soon will I know where I will be placed?

I want to thank everyone for all the great information on this site, it truly has been greatly helpful. I'm trying to educate myself, so I can then help my family. This is going to be so hard on them, I can't even imagine what they or my daughter are thinking. Again, thank you.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:00 AM

Default SS in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavingmyheart View Post
Hello everyone! I've been following information on Alderson Camp and as much as I hate the idea of leaving my family, I'm praying I go to Alderson. I'm new to this forum as many are, and I'm really stupid when it comes to the legal system. I have no clue what to expect, what's next, or what's to follow???

I accepted a plea agreement in November to avoid a 10-15 year sentence. I'm a first offender, non-violent conspiracy crime, so I will be a scheduled/controlled I and I am a 15 - which holds 18 to 24 months, with that said - I'm hoping to be a SS and I'm praying for Alderson so I don't lose complete contact with my family and my 8 year old daughter. It's so scary knowing someone else will be raising my little girl, when it's only been her and I from the begginning. But after lots of tears, anger, and regret I have to face the reality. My sentencing date is 3/19/2012, what happens after that? And how soon will I know where I will be placed?

I want to thank everyone for all the great information on this site, it truly has been greatly helpful. I'm trying to educate myself, so I can then help my family. This is going to be so hard on them, I can't even imagine what they or my daughter are thinking. Again, thank you.
Hello I was just sentenced yesterday to 18months. My attorney requested that I be sent to Alderson Camp. Please contact me, as it seems we may SS around the same time. I have a 3 year old that I will be leaving behind as well. I am scared, but ready to get my time over with.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:11 PM

Default Sentenced to 18 months FPC

Well my last post here was in December. Since then my original sentence date was postponed/rescheduled to June 25th. I have since been sentenced to 18 months (with that said my heart is in my stomach). The judge stated that he would give me 45 days to get things in order for my daughter putting me at SS on August 13th. This alarms me b/c I see in other post that you wait for a letter from the BOP and at this point they have all control and means of what dates and places. Even thou the judge put a request in for Alderson, I know it's not a guarantee. With that said, I'm a nervous wreck because the reality has taken over. I have so many things to get in order.... Relocating my daughter to another state, enrolling her into school, making sure all financial ends are met, my family, friends and without forgetting prepare myself for this journey :'(** with all that said - I'm an emotional wreck!!!

Any new info on Alderson would greatly be appreciated. I saw there is a new Warden which makes me feel a little better, I read nothing but horrible things about Warden Betts and I honestly was petrified to ever meet the man.

Sorry to ramble on but now a days I think my life is in a constant rush, a rush to get things in order.

Thanks in advance for any new info.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM

Default We may be self surrendering about the same time

Quote:
Well my last post here was in December. Since then my original sentence date was postponed/rescheduled to June 25th. I have since been sentenced to 18 months (with that said my heart is in my stomach). The judge stated that he would give me 45 days to get things in order for my daughter putting me at SS on August 13th. This alarms me b/c I see in other post that you wait for a letter from the BOP and at this point they have all control and means of what dates and places. Even thou the judge put a request in for Alderson, I know it's not a guarantee. With that said, I'm a nervous wreck because the reality has taken over. I have so many things to get in order.... Relocating my daughter to another state, enrolling her into school, making sure all financial ends are met, my family, friends and without forgetting prepare myself for this journey :'(** with all that said - I'm an emotional wreck!!!

Any new info on Alderson would greatly be appreciated. I saw there is a new Warden which makes me feel a little better, I read nothing but horrible things about Warden Betts and I honestly was petrified to ever meet the man.

Sorry to ramble on but now a days I think my life is in a constant rush, a rush to get things in order.

Thanks in advance for any new info.
I was sentenced on JuLy 9th to 12 months and 1 day they said i would be getting a letter in the mail to self surrender in 2-6 weeks so it seems we may be going in around the same time. My judge also recommended Alderson but i guess that doesn't mean its for sure that this is where i will be going. It would be great to be able to get to know you if you want to private message me so we will know someone once we are there
I am also leaving behind my 6 yr old daughter and 9 yr old son that are going 2 hrs away from where i live now with my sister its 3 hrs from alderson.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycameleon View Post
I was sentenced on JuLy 9th to 12 months and 1 day they said i would be getting a letter in the mail to self surrender in 2-6 weeks so it seems we may be going in around the same time. My judge also recommended Alderson but i guess that doesn't mean its for sure that this is where i will be going. It would be great to be able to get to know you if you want to private message me so we will know someone once we are there
I am also leaving behind my 6 yr old daughter and 9 yr old son that are going 2 hrs away from where i live now with my sister its 3 hrs from alderson.

I'm not sure how to use to PM function with prison talk. I've never used it before. I'd love to get to know you as well, since it is so super scary entering the unknown alone.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:55 PM

HA HA I don't either I was hopin you did lol. Ill look in to it next time im bored at work and see if i can figure it out

Quote:
I'm not sure how to use to PM function with prison talk. I've never used it before. I'd love to get to know you as well, since it is so super scary entering the unknown alone.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:50 PM

Ok lol I thought I was the only person that didn't know how to use the pm function
Old 07-19-2012, 08:26 AM

Good morning ladies...well my pre-trial called me today and looks like I won't be going to Alderson she said it goes by availability and your length of time (which boggles me b/c I only have 18 months) they are sending me to USP Hazelton and due to SS on Aug. 13th by 2pm. Now I'm scared to dealth!!!!!! Anyone heard of or been there please an info would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:00 PM

Hey leaving sorry to hear you won't be going to alderson, I ss on July 30, there is a thread on hazelton directly , I don't know much about it but at least there is chatter about he place. I wish you luck and stay strong.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 AM

Thank you Tinaw... you take care of yourself too!! I did add some post to the Hazelton thread. No real info. yet. Just from 2008 and 2009. Everyone says I can't go to a USP because of my low points and only 18 months but I checked the BOP website, they don't have a camp in hazelton. So I'm lost. Guess I will find out once I get there, and I'll be sure to add a thread once I come home.. Good luck to all you ladies on your travels, now that our journeys finally begin we are one step closer to closure and being home with our families.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I am ss to Aldersen. Its sounds like we will be there together. I have to be there sept 1st. I am leaving behind my 2 sons also and I am afraid that the heartache of not being with them will be the thing that hurts the most. reply back to share so info also will could maybe meet up when we get there.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj11 View Post
I am ss to Aldersen. Its sounds like we will be there together. I have to be there sept 1st. I am leaving behind my 2 sons also and I am afraid that the heartache of not being with them will be the thing that hurts the most. reply back to share so info also will could maybe meet up when we get there.
I was sentenced on July 9th, but I have yet to receive by destination letter or self surrender date. My judge requested I go to Alderson and the procescution never really pushed in my case for anything other than they thought I derserved a punishment more severe than probation which is what my lawyer and I were fighting for. I to am leaving my husband and two children behind. If you want to private message me we can talk more I have been getting as much knowledge as I can because not knowing what to expect when I get there was a big fear for me.

Best of luck to you
Old 07-26-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I was sentenced on July 9th, but I have yet to receive by destination letter or self surrender date. My judge requested I go to Alderson and the procescution never really pushed in my case for anything other than they thought I derserved a punishment more severe than probation which is what my lawyer and I were fighting for. I to am leaving my husband and two children behind. If you want to private message me we can talk more I have been getting as much knowledge as I can because not knowing what to expect when I get there was a big fear for me.

Best of luck to you
Hi, yes my lawyere thought the whole time that I would be getting probation too. I think he was more surprised then I was about me getting custody as the judge put it. I too will be leaving my husband and 2 children.
How do you private message?
I was told by my pretrial officer that I was designated to aldersen last week. I am trying to stay strong.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj11 View Post
Crazycameleon, I private messaged you. Everyone else that wants to PM , you have to go in the little black box on top and press private message, then add the usernames of the people you want to PM and then send messages like email. I didn't know how either and I went on the FAQ and looked it up.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:30 PM

I'm on my way to serve a 40 sentence hopefully at Alderson. Please give me any info that will help me with this new transition.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:40 PM

Default Alderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzpee View Post
I'm on my way to serve a 40 sentence hopefully at Alderson. Please give me any info that will help me with this new transition.
My daughter just finished 16 months at Alderson. Read the hand book. Ask anything you think of and I will try to help.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:57 PM

Can't you request home Confinement through second chance act instead of going to halfway house? What about using those prison consultants you pay to help get you time out through the second chance act?
Old 10-14-2018, 04:31 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,998 Times in 13,223 Posts

You can request home confinement from your unit team, or refuse half way house without penalty, it used to receive a conduct shot. My opinion, since your unit team case manager will determine how much HWH/HC time you will get, I think a prison consultant will be useless.