Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:11 PM

Default Case an Inmate won against CDCR / X-RAY MACHINE

We were told there was a legal case where and Inmate won against CDCR about how many times they are allowed to have them go through the x-ray machine like going back from visiting if anybody knows anything about this or suggestions on where I can find out information on this case I would appreciate it apparently it happened while the Inmate was at KVSP? TIA
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2019, 10:28 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 23,166 Times in 8,182 Posts

I can't find any documentation of litigation brought against CDCR by an inmate over xray exposure. It looks like they've been in full swing since 2016. You can read a CDC memorandum regarding full body scanners here and a blog posting about the introduction and potential issues here.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:57 PM

Thanked 1,107 Times in 527 Posts

I had written Prison Law Office about this and they maintained that only a very small amount of radiation is emitted and that no one will be harmed. I hope this is true, but I also have my concerns about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys#1Lady View Post
We were told there was a legal case where and Inmate won against CDCR about how many times they are allowed to have them go through the x-ray machine like going back from visiting if anybody knows anything about this or suggestions on where I can find out information on this case I would appreciate it apparently it happened while the Inmate was at KVSP? TIA