Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:09 PM

Default MadCathy

2 weeks ago my son was erroneously accused of being a murderous escape from Parchman. I say erroneously because he was never trying to escape. Someone did escape but not him. After the guard reported him missing that is who they focused on. while looking for him they found the right one. They have my son in what they call ďtank lockdownĒ really just a small cell four walls with a door. No communication except the guard who is supposed to check on him every couple of hours. Knowing the rest of their professionalism and responsibilities that go without following protocol I doubt how often he is checked on. Iím getting far off my original reason to post on here. Now that they know his version, they are still investigating. Iím sure only to find a way to cover their mistake. I am more than furious. I could maybe understand a little bit if he had escaped. But what more do they want and how much longer can they claim an investigation and leave him there. I am sick with worry. I canít sleep. I need to at least talk to him. To me this is treatment of inhumane circumstances. The prison itself is the worst in the country. stated by the news reporters from everywhere that have been investigating the horrific conditions the inmates live in. My son is guilty of the crime that put him there but someone else will be guilty of the treatment he is receiving. I have called every day since this happened. I canít get anywhere with anyone .(with exception to the warden of his block) these are some of the rudest incompetent and unprofessional central staff of any place Iíve been in contact with. To think they get paid to do this job is a disgrace. I told the warden today Iíve cleared my schedule everyday until I get some information and I will call non stop until that happens. Plus I will go as high up as necessary. He can not make a call we can not visit him. Iím sure he is near the torture point. Please please advice from anyone. I will join anyone who wants to march or picket this hell on earth prison system at Parchman.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2019, 07:19 PM

I am so sorry for what you and your LO are
going through.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:50 PM
a Realist NOT an enabler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCathy View Post
2 weeks ago my son was erroneously accused of being a murderous escape from Parchman. I say erroneously because he was never trying to escape. Someone did escape but not him. After the guard reported him missing that is who they focused on. while looking for him they found the right one. They have my son in what they call ďtank lockdownĒ really just a small cell four walls with a door. No communication except the guard who is supposed to check on him every couple of hours. Knowing the rest of their professionalism and responsibilities that go without following protocol I doubt how often he is checked on. Iím getting far off my original reason to post on here. Now that they know his version, they are still investigating. Iím sure only to find a way to cover their mistake. I am more than furious. I could maybe understand a little bit if he had escaped. But what more do they want and how much longer can they claim an investigation and leave him there. I am sick with worry. I canít sleep. I need to at least talk to him. To me this is treatment of inhumane circumstances. The prison itself is the worst in the country. stated by the news reporters from everywhere that have been investigating the horrific conditions the inmates live in. My son is guilty of the crime that put him there but someone else will be guilty of the treatment he is receiving. I have called every day since this happened. I canít get anywhere with anyone .(with exception to the warden of his block) these are some of the rudest incompetent and unprofessional central staff of any place Iíve been in contact with. To think they get paid to do this job is a disgrace. I told the warden today Iíve cleared my schedule everyday until I get some information and I will call non stop until that happens. Plus I will go as high up as necessary. He can not make a call we can not visit him. Iím sure he is near the torture point. Please please advice from anyone. I will join anyone who wants to march or picket this hell on earth prison system at Parchman.
Contact your local and State Representatives.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:11 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,144 Times in 16,658 Posts

Hi MadCathy, welcome to PTO. I'm so sorry for the consequences that brought you here, but glad you're here.

How long has your son been incarcerated? Going to the Hole while under investigation is normal procedure. As I understand it, they can keep him there as long as there is an ongoing investigation. He should get at least limited phone calls....its different from state to state. Some states it only 1 call per month.

I do hope you're sending him cards of support and letters. Just be careful what you say as his mail is most likely under scrutiny, more so than usual. If he should call, same thing, be careful what you say. Sometimes the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease, it gets retaliation.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 05:36 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,969 Times in 13,208 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope his stay in the "tank lockdown" is a short one, but it will be determined by the prison staff. Mississippi penitentiaries are rough.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:51 AM
Sealed for Freshness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesliezack View Post
This is probably your best bet. You said you would move up the chain. Seems like it's time to do that.

I'm so sorry your son is going through this.

-J.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:19 AM

Thanked 3,911 Times in 1,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesliezack View Post
Iím not sure this is the best course of action for 2 weeks into the investigation of a very serious issue about which you have zero facts.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:31 AM

I would wait until you have all the information and details. There may be a lot you don't know about

I hope everything turns out ok.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peacefinder For This Useful Post:
4Bobby (10-22-2019), Ms Sunny (10-26-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 10:44 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,144 Times in 16,658 Posts

No one can or will give her more information and details except her son.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 10-26-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
No one can or will give her more information and details except her son.

Unfortunately, if there is an ongoing investigation, especially when it concerns an escape, it is very unlikely that you will receive any information. Once the investigation is completed, and your son is exonerated, he will be placed back into a general population unit and you will be able to receive calls from him.

One of the things that you have to realize is that in this situation, when there is an investigation that involves an escape, everyone is going to be on high alert and focused on that investigation. Escape is one of the most significant incidents that can occur in the prison system. The superintendent at South Mississippi was replaced because of escapes. It's a very big deal.

One of the things you can do is contact the chaplain at Parchman. A chaplain can go visit your son. There will be very little information he will be allowed to share about any investigation, but he can at least check in and see exactly how your son is doing in this situation, and let you know. Contact him and ask for a wellness check.

Other than that, you can contact your elected officials (state representative or senator), but they most likely will not be able to give you any information about the investigation, and if they send a contact request to the prison, it will end up going to the chaplaincy department as a request for contact and a wellness check.

I will pray for you and your son.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubba Ray Fett For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-26-2019), patchouli (10-27-2019)