Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

View Poll Results: What FCC Coleman is your love one at?
FCI Coleman Low 69 24.13%
FCI Coleman Medium 45 15.73%
USP Coleman I 86 30.07%
USP Coleman II 86 30.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2007, 07:15 PM

Actually your posting helped our family members a lot. We received a phone call that stating, He has missed reporting to Coleman yesterday. Right before he surrendered to Federal Court House later on today, I was able to read your post and informed him for positive things that he could expect.
I don't know that which prison he will be held at, as far as security level goes. But I mentioned to all family members who were in the car, actually giving then a little ease. I thank you so much Buggy and others who posted in this thread. I may be able to post something in the future when I gain a contact with my husband.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 PM

I came home from Coleman Camp this past January. I was there for 3 years. If I can help an anyway please send me a message. I can remember before I self surrendered how scared I was. It was not nearly as bad as I thougt it would have been.

Take care and be strong..Its amazing what we can get through..

Jen
The Following User Says Thank You to JenAlpert For This Useful Post:
kimi051 (04-24-2008)
Old 09-21-2007, 02:34 PM

Hi, does anyone know why Coleman medium in fl. is on lock down?

What is the policy for USP Canaan to get the phone list to the immate? My husband says that he has been trying to get his phone list from Canaan and they have refused to give it to him. Can someone out there have any information?
Solid

Canaan is now a Maximium Penitentuary and all persons who are lows and medium will be transfered out by the end of the year. Many have been transferred already.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:24 AM

I will self-surrender to Coleman Camp this month. I am very anxious about the visitation process. I would like to see my family as soon as I get there, but I hear the process takes at least 2 weeks. Is there anything I can do before I get there to speed up the process or anything you can suggest I do as soon as I get there? I have a million questions as you can imagine and I will be there for over twice the time you were there. Are ther any ladies that are serving long sentences in coleman?
I appreciate your help.
Tristeza
Old 10-04-2007, 04:59 PM

This for sure is a scary time. I'm glad to hear that you have support from your family. Some inmates don't have that.

If your family is listed on your PSR, they can visit the weekend after you surrender. They have 30 days to have their visitor list approved. You probably need to take a list of their addresses with you when you surrender.

There are for sure ladies there who are serving long sentences. There are a mix of sentences from a few months to over 10 years.

Any questions you have just post or PM me.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:37 AM

Thanks for your reply.
My immideate family was listed in the PSR, including my children, so I hope they can see me the next day.
Do you know if there is a limit as to the number of visitors I want to include in the list? is there a limit in the number of people I want to call or e-mail?
I saw in one of the postings that the commisary sells earings, chain and cross, watches, radios.....can I bring my own of each? or do you have to wear what they sell there?
thanks again.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:50 AM

They do sell those things on commisary. You have to special order the chain from the chapel. You might try and wear a simple chain and cross and perhaps earings (no stones). They might let you bring it in. Ms Carrol works R&D and she is a pretty nice lady.

I know quite a few woman there who could direct you when you get there. If you think of anything please PM me. I know when I went thru this I had tons of questions.

Just stay strong! It's amazing what we can get through.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:02 AM

Exclamation Coleman USP I and II on lockdown!?

Does anyone else have relatives at Coleman USP. I haven't heard from my fiance since the 14th, and I called the facility today to find out they're on lockdown for at least a month maybe 2. All b/c of some idiot whom decided to go on a stabbing rampage why would they punish the entire facility for that. I don't understand that b/c we just entered the feds facility in July. I dont get it that means no visits for Thanksgiving or Christmas if it last 2 months and not only that no phone calls.Does it usually go this way lock down for that long & can they still receive mail during lockdown.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:04 AM

I'm not sure... BUT... I CAN tell you my friend is there at the women's camp. They are asked to go to the men's to bag lunches for them (and whatever else they're asked to do I think). She said if they refuse, they get a "shot" and have to go to the county jail for 30 days. She told me tonight that from the county jail they go to the Federal Women's Prison for lock-up, but didn't say for how long. I also read (thru Fedcure alerts) that they are each insured for 20K in case something happens... for loss of work for the BOP. I don't know if it's true or not, I'm waiting to see if someone replies that knows. The stabbing killed all 3 that were sent to local hospitals or were airlifted out, and I heard that someone hanged themself in the men's prison the same night, too. It doesn't matter to the BOP if you arrive tomorrow, if the place is in lockdown, all are in lockdown. I get emails from her in the women's but the men's might be "locked-down". I'm thinking they might still get snail mail, I don't know why they would hold it unless they don't have anyone to go cell-to-cell to pass it out... I dunno. The facility goes to lockdown for several reasons, I would guess retaliation would be one...
Old 10-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Banned

They get mail no phone calls..Got a letter today from my fiance that he wrote last Thursday they were in lockdown then...He gets mail in lockdown so I keep writing.....It is because of them doing THOROUGH searches to clean that prison up he said in his letter that the inmates got a memo stating that....Said they will be locked down to about the 1st NOV or maybe after he thinks...
Old 10-29-2007, 11:05 PM

thanks ohwhat a cruise b/c i was going crazy not knowing what was going on & my silly fiance hasn't wrote and let me know anything.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:13 PM

This is so crazy, because my Raw was in Coleman USP 2 last year (or maybe it was the year before) at holiday time and they were locked down during that time too. I'm pretty sure the whole facility was locked down for the whole holiday season and it was for the same reason. Stabbings.
I'm feeling kinda paranoid, but is this a cost saving measure of something. Close down at the holidays in order to give staff vacations. OK---just had to get that crazy thought out of my head. I know not funny. Sorry!!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

Mine said the officer told his cellie that it is a MINIMUM of 30 day lockdown so they may be there for Christmas which will really be bad as I was going to get married over the holiday break..but what can ya do?

Hey do you know if you can have the USPS.com send stamps to them? Mine ran out and until they give him commissary I can get no more mail either! I want to order them online..anyone know about that if it comes from the PO they should fly??
Old 11-01-2007, 06:32 PM

I think it has to be bought on commissary, but I may be wrong. Anyways if it is a 30 day lockdown then they should get off on Nov. 15 b/c the lockdown began on Oct. 15 but if it is a 60 day lockdown they will get off on Dec. 15 right before Christmas. This really sucks because Nov and Dec is the only months that they get the 400 minutes and I was looking foward to talking to my baby those extra 100 minutes.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Banned

I figured since they can have magazines sent from publishers maybe the PO can send them stamps in the mail so I would order some in case they do not get commissary soon...60 days..wow that will be miserable for the guys I know...Let me know if you hear anything..I may call tomorrow myself..and I heard they get 400 minutes at holidays on here but not from my honey he may not even know that as he never called anyone but his mom for 15 minutes a month..
Old 11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
THE Mrs. Russell

This is all weird though because on the 23rd and the 24th my boyfriend kept trying to call me collect on my cell phone. He knows that I can't receive collect calls and he was trying numerous times. But I didn't have any money to send him at that point so that he could call regular. So if they have been on lockdown since the 15th how did he get to try to call me? I have never been through this lockdown stuff!! This is crazy! I can't stand it. Is visiting affected then? Or is that closed as well?
Hang in there everyone!!! We will all get through this!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:10 PM

visitation is closed off until lockdown is over. Your b/f possibly got special permission from his counselor to call home b/c they can do that. My b/f hasn't tried calling since Oct. 14 and on that day he told me it has been a crazy night in here (a whole lot of drama) & he said I hope I get to call tomorrow but he didn't say what happened though. I do know visits is closed b/c I called the facility direct with that question b/c I planned to visit during the holidays.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:30 AM

my b-i-l says his counselor recommended him for transfer to Coleman. He's now eligible for low...I wonder if they are letting anyone new in. He shows in the system that he's in Atlanta. I wonder if he'll really make to to Coleman.
Anyone have any ideas?
He's been 5 hours away from us for 4 years, and now, we were hoping he'd be FIFTY MINUTES AWAY!!
aahh!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:48 PM

does anyone for sure why coleman is on lock down?......and why everyone is being punished for what ever happened?
Old 11-19-2007, 09:17 AM
me~n~cj

My fiance is coleman usp1 and I havent talked to him on the phone since october 25. I did however recieved much mail from him. He told me about the stabbing, and that they maybe on lockdown for quite awile. I dont think that the prison can stop them from getting or sending mail. I definetly have to cancel my trip Decemeber 2 to go see him. There is no visiting while they are on lockdown. Is anyone from Illinois here? He just got transfered in Sept. from Pekin FCC. Talk about a joke. They transfered him because they suspected that i brought tobacco in the facility. They apparently found a pack of cigs in the visiting room. The stupid part is, I hadnt been there that weekend they were found nor had i been there 5 days previous to it. They were just ticked off that Kevin had visits 4 days every week and they told him so. They told him they were tired of getting him out of his job to come visit. He had only been at Pekin since Jan. of this year. He had been in Terra Haute. The investigating officer had even been heard by Kevin saying that he was shipping him because he was getting too many visits, that he was in prison to be punished not to visit. I called the prison to talk to whoever i could to get this mess fixed and of course I was given the run around, no one knew nothing. So i wrote a letter to the head honcho in Kansas City Kansas, and of course nothing was done.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

If you have a loved one there, you can actually call the facility and theywill simply tell you if there is LD or not... as for the "treatment", you can forget it... one bad apple spoils the entire barrel, and that's how it is... just be patient and re-read his old letters... and send him some new ones, honey! They may allow him to have them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachchic
does anyone for sure why coleman is on lock down?......and why everyone is being punished for what ever happened?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Cloemen

Hi everybody Iam new and trying to post a thread fo F.C.I. colemen Medium,I cant seem to find any info on the mens federal.I just found this and thought maybe it would help.My guy is currently in the shu,he been in three years and will be out in about nine months.Can someone direct me to the right spot.Thans Iam so happy Ive found this site.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:32 PM

Default thanks

Thanks alot Lamont lover!....please keep me informed if u know anything

-BeachChic-
Old 11-21-2007, 06:21 AM

Hello to all,I was woundering about stamps at coleman medium.Mine is in the shu.People have mention ups for getting stamps to them.I know I cant send them directly is ther another way to get him stamps?I send money when I can and thats the only way I know how.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

that's what we're here for... you can also visit the BOP website to get the phone number directly... that's what I did for my Lamont, even though he's in Virginia (USP-Lee), but since we're to be married in Feb, he's making enrows for a transfer to Coleman Max... but those guys cut up in there all the time... I almost rather for him to stay in Virginia... but Coleman's much closer to where I am (Miami)...