Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

View Poll Results: how do i get to elkton prison from new york?
transportation from new york to elkton prison 2 100.00%
how do i get to elkton prison from new york? 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2007, 08:58 PM

Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,529 Posts

cantbe,
You be careful and give your husband a extra hug from me, for my brother. I talk to him yesterday, he sounded good as good can be in prison. I am so happy about the food it had been bad everysince he got there.
Let us no how your trip went. I will pray for your safe trip and many happy moments. I want to go soon as the weather breaks . Maybe April.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2007, 07:16 PM

cantbe - I am glad you are going to visit again Have fun although I know you are already there.

Im jealous yall still have minutes - lol. We are horrible about managing our minutes.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:20 PM

Default good day

Yeah no kidding about the minutes, my guy was out by the 15th. haha . But yes this hopefully will be a good change that was well needed because from what I hear he was trying to take away more and more priveleges. Thank you lord!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:50 PM

Hello all the Elkton PTO members.
Praise the lord, He is gone. May be things will get better. I no the food has improved. Ladies you all have to hold the man down on those minutes. It is only 10 min a day at 300 min a month. You got stretch them, I no you miss them.
I hope cantbe will be ok. It looks like a big ICE storm happening there tonight and tomorrow. I am sitting here in AL listning to the wind a howling under a tornado watch. Got watch the sky tonight.
Stay safe
Old 03-14-2007, 11:07 AM

I just ran into this topic and you have no idea how you made my day. My son has been there for almost two years and he told me how bad this warden was and how he ran this prison. Amen for all those guys who can know breath and eat better.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:02 PM

Hey ladies - Trey said they are still taking away the microwaves (or so they say) but get this - they are still keeping the hot water tap - can you believe how stupid they are? I mean if someone is going to boil hot water in the microwave, now they will just use the hot water tap.

You know what I mean right? The tap thing that spits out steaming hot water - like on coffee pots??
Old 03-21-2007, 07:02 PM

I talked to my Brother Sunday, He said the microwave are still being took away 26 March. He said the food had improved --SOME--Also the warden is still there. I hope cantbe made her trip ok. I need to em her.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:33 PM

bo - you mean the old warden is still there? I thought they got a new warden and now I am confused

Have you gone for a visit lately? I am really wanting to go for a visit and if I could get a darn release date maybe I could plan something....
Old 04-06-2007, 11:58 AM

Question Phones - FCI Elkton

Does anyone know what time the phones get shut of at FCI Elkton?

Thanks
Old 04-07-2007, 03:17 AM

I can't remember - I know my husband has called as late as after 10pm - i'll ask.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:21 AM

yes - the same warden is still there - what's the deal with Easter there? my husband said nothing to eat after 2pm that day. food situation there is horrid!!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 04:06 PM

Cant be, good to see you post. Hope your visit was a good one, when you went to see your husband a few mo ago. The weather was bad wan't it? I prayed for your safety.
I haven't got to go back, since new years weekend. I hope to go sometime this summer, with gas being so high I don;t no when I will go.
Yes the warden is still there, and my bro called today he said they didn't have much to pick from in commisary last week, they were pulling inventory!! Yes the food is horrible and the microwave are gone.
Why are they doing that for Eater too them? About the food. That is awful. I do hope they can get the food issue resolved.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:06 AM

Question FCI Elkton - Hotels

Those of you that go to FCI Elkton have you stayed any place other than the Lisbon Inn? I really need to plan a trip out there and I hated spending over $200 for the hotel. Please let me know - thanks
Old 04-10-2007, 02:51 PM

I have sent a copy of some out if you will go back to my post in January. They are not far from the Lisbon Inn-which is very pricey. I will try to find it an post tonight. There very afforable and clean
Old 04-10-2007, 08:03 PM

i've stayed at the Hampton Inn in Canfield. It's about 15 minutes away, free breakfast, very clean and nice I've stayed for $110.00 a night depending on day of week or weekend.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:06 PM

The phones are shut off at 10:30PM
Old 04-14-2007, 08:04 PM

treyswifey--We stay at the Hanna Clare Inn. It is a "mom and pop" type motel. It is under new management and the people there are very nice. It is an old motel and they are trying to remodel but a very slow process. Rooms are clean and very affordable..approx. $50.00 a night. We have stayed there 7-8 nights..will continue to use them. We don't need to spend 100.00 a night just to sleep. Give them a try..Their phone number is 330 424 3414.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:17 PM

The Frola Motel # 330-424-3590 is also next to the - Hannah Claire 9375 State Route 45
Old 04-14-2007, 10:20 PM

Hello to all,
Allot of guys I did time with, sent out personal info to their wives and families and they would plan trips together to visit so they could share a room with two double beds to cut down on the cost of the stay, and this also helped cope when the visit was over on Saturday and the person they shared the room with was able to relate to their anxiety after a dat with their loved one and the anticipation of the next days visit. Their were allot of guys wives who got to know each other and worked as support groups especially when their was a break down in communication inside and we could not phone home. Or when their was a lock down and the visitations were canceled last minute and the families turned away at the gates.
I do not know if this will work for you, but it helped many of the guys wives when I was in.

God bless all of you.

Tim

Last edited by flgmtech; 04-14-2007 at 10:22 PM..
Old 04-18-2007, 04:32 PM

My man was just transferred to Elkton. Does anyone know when he will be able to call anyone and how? I put money on his books and everything.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:40 PM

It takes about three business days for your phone number to be approved.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:46 PM

ok ladies I am about to break down and buy a ticket for the first weekend in May. Is anyone else going that weekend?

Also Has anyone been hit with the ion scanner?? Y'all know thats my fear even though I have no reason, I have just heard so many stories.

Flights are expensive, but only seeing him once since August is starting to wear on me.....I am going to try the Hanna Claire. That seemed like a nice little place when I drove by it last night. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:41 PM

treyswifey,
Did you go this past weekend to see your husband? I see where you said you drove by the Hanna Claire last night. Gosh I would sure like to go. I am checking plane tickets, but I am afraid it will be out of my price range. I do hope to get up there soon. I will post if and when I do go. In case someone else will be there at that time. Would love to meet you all.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:13 AM

hahahhaa - I meant to say last TIME. No, I havent gone since that one time in November. I was all ready to buy my tickets last night and then I was slapped with reality that I cant really afford it. Flights from here are $164 round trip. I keep going back and forth on it - if I decide to go, I will definately let you know
Old 04-20-2007, 01:40 PM

I just got a letter from my loved one. He said that since he was just transferred there, he was put into "the hole" with three other guys. Apparently, he could be there for up to a month before moved into the general population. he was also told that he might be able to call someone once a month! I am so stressed out about this! Why would they move him somewhere where there are no beds!!?? He said he is sleeping on the floor. One of the guys in there was nice enough to give him some paper, envelopes, and stamps so he could write me. I've already written him and sent out three letters. I am so upset for him!!