Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:32 PM

Question Unable to Accept Calls? Ever happened to you?

Hey all, I am new to posting, I have been reading some threads for a while now but now I have an issue! Sorry it may be long! My boyfriend is in a county jail in MI and I sent him money 2 weeks ago for a prepaid phone card. He now has the phone card and when he calls it says "press 1 to accept the call". I press 1 and it disconnects every time. The officers at the jail said to call Securus (Correctional Billing Services). CBS told me they do not deal with cards and I need to call the number on the back of the card... umm he's in jail! He's called again and just said "well call an officer and tell them to let me know when you want to talk to me". I feel so bad. I don't want him thinking I'm ignoring him. Has anyone had this issue using a prepaid card and have an idea as to how to solve it? Thanks y'all!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Mrs. HS 8272

you might have to prepay for him to call. my calls get charge to my home phone bill every time he calls

<A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" target=_blank>

Old 04-08-2010, 08:50 PM

Ugh I was hoping that was not the case! he was in there about a year ago and this prepaid thing worked just fine I set up a CBS account and it was so expensive since they allowed a lot of extra minutes and therefore a wonderful balance for me to pay later. Great... thanks for the suggestion though!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc714 View Post
Hey all, I am new to posting, I have been reading some threads for a while now but now I have an issue! Sorry it may be long! My boyfriend is in a county jail in MI and I sent him money 2 weeks ago for a prepaid phone card. He now has the phone card and when he calls it says "press 1 to accept the call". I press 1 and it disconnects every time. The officers at the jail said to call Securus (Correctional Billing Services). CBS told me they do not deal with cards and I need to call the number on the back of the card... umm he's in jail! He's called again and just said "well call an officer and tell them to let me know when you want to talk to me". I feel so bad. I don't want him thinking I'm ignoring him. Has anyone had this issue using a prepaid card and have an idea as to how to solve it? Thanks y'all!
The facility where my son is uses Correctional Billing Services & they're actually pretty helpful. They're # is: 1-800-844-6591. I set up an account with them & add money to my account with my Visa card & my son is able to call my collect with a pre-paid account as long as I have money on my account. It works pretty well. I don't know anything about prepaid cards for him though. He can't use those. I got a pre-paid cheap cell phone with a local # close to where my son is & it only costs him $2.62 for the 15 minutes now. It was well worth getting. I hope that helps.
Amen.

Last edited by Jules966; 04-09-2010 at 10:46 AM..
Old 04-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Nvr find a love like this

The price varies depending on where you and he are located. CBS will actually allow you to get a local number. So if the call is local, it should only cost about $1.50 per call. If not, it might be cheaper to go get a prepaid cell phone local to the jail, and pay for minutes to get the $1.50 call. CBS allowed that when I set up my acct, not sure if they still do.

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!! 10.12.10
Old 04-09-2010, 09:47 PM

Thanks ladies! I finally was able to talk to him after just pressing different buttons every time he called - haha. 0 finally worked which is weird since I swear it said press 1 to accept. Oh well! It turns out it was $10 for us to talk for 8 minutes so I may have to go back to CBS and consider purchasing a prepaid local phone or asking about a local number. Thanks again
Old 04-09-2010, 09:52 PM

Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,456 Posts

Happy it worked out for u

I had a kinda-similar situation happen to me.

We were on the phone and normally he calls me right back (a few 2,3,4 plus times )....but my phone short circuited or something. When the phone rang, it wouldn't answer. I kept getting a message saying "PLACE PHONE ON CHARGER".

IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! He kept calling and calling and calling back....PURE TORTURE!

I know he was in pain too, because we have a back up phone for such emergencies, but it took him over 5 or 6 calls on the bad phone to remember we had a good phone. teeheehee...