Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Virginia should be posted here.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:58 PM
Together forever

Default Virginia Parole Question

Was looking to see if anyone had any experience. My husband will be coming to VA from PA through a Mandatory interstate transfer. My best friend gave us her timeshare to take a trip to Massanutten which is about 2 hours from where I live and where he is paroling to. Do you think his PO will approve if asked? When we go to see the PO upon check in, we plan to ask. I figured since it was in the state it shouldn't be that bad. I booked it for a weekend a couple weeks after he comes home, but I can always change it. Thank you for any insight in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2016, 08:06 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,130 Times in 16,649 Posts

My best guess would be "no," not 2 weeks out of the gate. I would be pleasantly surprised if it was approved. Good Luck, I hope his PO agrees to the trip

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-31-2016, 08:13 PM
Together forever

Thanks. Hopefully someone has personal experiences with this. What shocked me was the process such as home plan and all that. I thought they would come to the house and inspect and look around and no. They approved it. Maybe because it is a mandatory transfer, i don't know but I thought it would've been a lot stricter than that. I know everyone situation is different, we are sure going to see what the guidelines are. Some told me they just couldn't leave the state and some told me they couldn't leave the country. We shall see. We have 2 weeks.