Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Illinois

Old 10-05-2019, 08:27 PM

Default Robinson or Taylorville?

I need your opinion....which is the better place for a loved one? Robinson or Taylorville? Negatives and positives? Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2019, 07:38 AM

Thanked 1,069 Times in 480 Posts

My son has been at Taylorville for 5+ years. The big plus is that it is an STG-free prison, so no known gang members, those with gang tats or gang-related offenses. It is open dorm. Food isn't good but that is the norm. My son waited years for college courses and jobs are sometimes difficult to get.

Its located about 5 miles outside Taylorville, IL, so no buses, no Amtrak, you pretty much have to drive. there are hotels in town. Overall since I haven't visited Robinson, I would vote for Taylorville.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (10-06-2019), Julia Grant (10-10-2019)
Old 10-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Grant View Post
I need your opinion....which is the better place for a loved one? Robinson or Taylorville? Negatives and positives? Thank you!!
From what I’ve learned the last year and a half about IDOC, I know that either are a cake walk compared to the higher level facilities. My husband was at Robinson and never had issues. There’s ac, an ice machine in the dayroom. The CO’s were always very nice to me, and respectful towards him. It’s Dorm style. Tablets. Etc. Pretty much all the same stuff as Taylorville. But Taylorville is like the “easy joint”. The main difference like trauma said is the gangs. If you’re a documented gang member or have gang tattoos you will not be placed there, hence how we ended up at Robinson. The gang presence and/or affiliation has its plus and minus though. Ir would depend on his past and comfort level. Where he’s at now is a god forsaken shithole and I wouldn’t wish the experience on anyone.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
Julia Grant (10-10-2019), trauma4us (10-08-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 03:34 PM

Thanks so much for both your replies! I appreciate your help!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julia Grant For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (10-10-2019), trauma4us (10-12-2019)