Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2019, 04:00 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 20,266 Times in 7,254 Posts
Default Ten Day Prayer Challenge, Jan 15-25 2019

I'm inviting everyone interested to participate in a ten day prayer challenge here on PTO. Starting tomorrow, January 15th and running through Friday January 25th, I will be checking in here (at least) once each day to pray (post) and to encourage those wanting to pray, who are new to prayer, who feel separated from God and want to jump start their relationship with Him.

As I am a non-denominational Christian, that is the perspective my prayers will come from. However, all are welcome to share their meditations and conversations with their Higher Powers. This is an open challenge with respect and support for one another.

I hope you'll join me, if not in posting your prayers then in some way that helps to fuel your heart and secure a place of peace. I'll see you all tomorrow!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Changes14 (01-15-2019), Dymond3 (01-15-2019), Lordbew/us (01-21-2019), Ne Plach’ (01-14-2019), onedayatatime13 (01-14-2019), Sunnielg (01-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2019, 09:23 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Day One, January 15th 2019

Almighty Father,
We thank You for Your unending love and grace. We recognize that as Your daughters and sons we are blessed beyond measure and that it is only by Your hand that we are gifted eternal life.
Lord, as we begin this ten-day challenge, we invite You to be the center of our conversation. We all have our trials and celebrations, our battles and victories but in the beginning and ending of each day, it is only our relationship with You that allows us to carry on, to spread joy and to experience peace.
As we surrender ourselves in adoration we ask that You would come by Your Holy Spirit and inspire our hearts today. Fill our conversations with Your grace and truth.

We ask this for Your glory and praise.
Amen
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (01-21-2019), mg81 (01-21-2019), Ne Plach’ (01-15-2019), onedayatatime13 (01-15-2019), Tatiana23 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 06:37 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Gracious God, because You know all things, my prayer to you today is not about revelation but about transparency. Throughout my day I’ve struggled with feelings of frustration, anger and anxiety.

When I was chastised over my opinions on immigration, I felt the heat in my cheeks and my tongue grow sharp in response. Thank You for helping me to remember that I needn’t say everything on my mind and that sometimes a calm example of listening is better than an aggressive declaration of opinion. I do pray that the people who draw their ire are kept safe today, whether they be on foot still, waiting in shelters or being held in prisons. I hope that they are comforted in knowing You and hearing Your voice on their hearts. Help me to be the quiet, still, light that says I see their humanity and pray for their safety.

For the last 24 hours, Lord, You have seen fit to drench the desert here in rain. It smells amazing and brings out the bright blossoms in our unique landscape. But I admit to You that I am nervous about traveling tomorrow. I know that this much rain is difficult for the ground to absorb and that flash floods are possible. Tomorrow is an important day and I want to be fully present with my husband. I want to be there in support of him and his achievements. Please, God, if I am meant to be by his side, see that my drive is safe and free of flooding. Watch over the other graduation guests and facility staff who will be driving through the weather in support of the people we love.

Father You have a plan for each and every one of us. Tonight, I release my frustration and anxiety. I lay it at Your feet. I trust Your plan. I thank You for Your grace and Your guidance.

In Jesus name, Amen.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
mg81 (01-21-2019), Ne Plach’ (01-15-2019), onedayatatime13 (01-15-2019), Tatiana23 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 06:43 PM

Thanked 2,949 Times in 1,389 Posts

Dear God,

In all times of trouble you have guided me in the right direction. Continue to keep us all safe, our minds clear and hearts filled with love.

Please inspire my son to work harder in school and develop a work ethic. Continue to foster un my younger the son the need to communicate his thoughts, feelings and emotions effectively. Continue to give my fiance the clear headedness he needs to make the right decisions and lift his depression. Give our mothers the strength to fight through their ailments. Give his children life and support in his absence.

Thank you for all your blessings. I'm extremely grateful.

Amen

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
mg81 (01-21-2019), miamac (01-15-2019), Ne Plach’ (01-15-2019), Tatiana23 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 06:45 PM

Dear Lord,

This weekend might be a mess of nasty winter weather. I'm praying it is not too bad and I will be able to drive safely this weekend to see my love. Let the weather pattern switch a day or two if necessary.

Thank you for all your blessings
Amen

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
mg81 (01-21-2019), miamac (01-16-2019), Ne Plach’ (01-17-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 09:57 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Dear Lord,

This weekend might be a mess of nasty winter weather. I'm praying it is not too bad and I will be able to drive safely this weekend to see my love. Let the weather pattern switch a day or two if necessary.

Thank you for all your blessings
Amen
Day Two, January 16th 2019

Yes, Lord! This weather is something else. Thank you for seeing that I had a safe drive to and from my husband's graduation today. And what an awesome event it was! By Your grace, we were given a (surprise!) chance to stand in front of inmates, family members and prison administration and speak about our loved ones and the incredible accomplishments they've made. What a blessing and rare opportunity that was. God, You are so good in ways that we cannot fathom!

Lord, sometimes it seems like there are so many things vying for our attention that we don't always know how to prioritize our time. Today I am reminded that feeding and fueling my relationship with You is critical. As much as I would sit down with a friend and spill my heart, I need to be sitting with You and sharing my thoughts, fears, praise and hopes. Doing that is a foundation to a better relationship with my spouse, my friends and myself. That space that I so often give over to anxiety and worry should be time spent with You. You are the provider of peace in every situation! You are the bringer of miracles and hope when the world threatens to swallow us whole. Heavenly Father, I want to build a better relationship with You by reserving my heart first for You.

Jesus, please watch over those traveling this week to see their loved ones. See that their vehicles are sound, their flights are smooth and the people on their paths are loving and helping. Lord we are so limited in our moments with our loved ones that I ask you to protect that time and help us to be transparent in our desire to connect. Guide our words to come from our heart and not from worldly understanding so that we may bring happiness and strength to one another and glory to Your name.

Amen
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
mg81 (01-21-2019), Ne Plach’ (01-17-2019), onedayatatime13 (01-17-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 08:48 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Day Three, January 17th 2019

God, we praise You because You can turn our defeat into victory.

Last night a friend reached out to me in a desperate time of need. His heart was broken, shattered, and in spite of our falling out over harsh words, I felt I needed to respond. But I didn’t know how. Do I try bring comfort and set aside the pain he brought me…for now? Do I give my honest opinion when he asks if he’s brought “all this sh*t” on himself? Do I maintain the distance I put between us because the chaos in his life was so big I just can’t cope? All of them felt like the right and the wrong thing to do. And so I did some strange mash-up of them all and hoped for the best. Hoped.

hope: a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen

Ugh. This is what I get when I try to plan—pinning my hope on my ability to fumble my way through. I’m pretty sure I didn’t do this whole supportive-friend-thing right. If I had, I wouldn’t be struggling with how it left me feeling which is grateful because today he ate real food for the first time in a week and changed his clothes, but also like I put a little Band-Aid on this gaping wound and sent him back out into the world. Worse, I compromised my strong pull to tell him it’s time to turn this over to You. My friend is a non-believer. A very vocal non-believer. A hard-core anarchist punk non-believer. We’re quite the site in public. I’m not a pushy Christian. This is my faith and my religion and my relationship, but when it comes to saying “Have you tried Jesus? Just saying…” I fall flat on my face, or worse.

In the book of Luke, we read about dining with the Pharisees because they extended an invitation. A cry for help is an invitation, isn’t it? But instead of bringing You and Your will along, I left the outcome to hope and my loose plan and in that I failed myself, my friend and You. I confess that I am ashamed of my choice.

But You are the Lord of second (and third, fourth…) chances. I know that I can still witness to my friend. I know that if is Your will that he see Your love in me, that I will have another opportunity. Lord, I ask that you set my heart to Your desires, that you bless my interactions and help me to be an example of Your light and salvation.

We thank You for the example of service that Christ left us. Please give us the strength to follow His pattern.

Amen.

Last edited by miamac; 01-17-2019 at 08:50 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (01-21-2019), mg81 (01-21-2019), Ne Plach’ (01-20-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 12:20 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Day Four, January 18 2019

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for your mercy and Your grace. Thank You for seeing our faults and our stubbornness and loving us without reservation. Thank You for hearing us when we are frustrated, angry, confused, hurt and disappointed. Lord, as we look forward into this weekend there is a potential for a great amount of all of these feelings-- the weather forcing a change in plans, or increasing the risk of kept plans, displacing folks yet again when they have already suffered so much from previous disasters. We humbly ask that you watch over those affected by these storms and shelter them with Your care and Your comfort.

We also look toward another type of storm politically as the people who sit in our capital battle over finances and personal convictions. God, we beseech You to touch their hearts and fill them with Your will. For those roughly six hundred immigrants who crossed into our southern border over the last few days, we ask that you stay with them as they navigate a foreign land long held as a beacon of hope and sanctuary from oppression and violence. Help those who assist them to be strong and steadfast in acquiring resources while our government is stalled in conflict. For everyone who is staring at empty bank accounts and food cupboards, unpaid bills and worrying about their own ability to provide, comfort them. Bring them peace. Hold them in Your hands and keep them through this struggle.

Father, as we invoke Your mercy and place these things at Your feet, we acknowledge that Your plan is greater than our own. We trust in You. We seek Your truth and light. We surrender our hearts to You.

In Jesus name, amen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Ne Plach’ (01-20-2019), onedayatatime13 (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 11:02 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Day Five, January 19 2019

God,

Please bring laughter and joy to R's son as he faces another surgery. For such a tiny body, he has had so much burden placed on it. We know his life is in Your hands, we ask that You surround his mama and R with support and compassionate health professionals.

Amen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Ne Plach’ (01-20-2019), onedayatatime13 (01-19-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 12:22 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Day Six, January 20 2019

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8:31

Who can be against us? Sometimes it feels like everyone. Sometimes it’s just ourselves. Lord, I trust your powers of transformation. I know that you can make me whole after I’ve been broken, that you can heal people. When we are overwhelmed or dragging ourselves down, Lord God we ask that you send us strength and direction. Tonight I pray for O, who is battling what feels like every demon there ever was all at the same time. Lord, reach down tonight and touch his heart. Help him, please, to see that there is positive in his life and that it’s worth living. Show him the next step toward peace. Help me to find the righteous path toward being a good and supportive friend without distracting him from the growth You have planned for him. God I ask this because I know that You are our Healer, our Provider, and our great Counselor and that this is within Your power if it be Your will.

Let all things be done for Your glory and in Jesus’ name,
Amen
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (01-21-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 01:55 PM

Dear Father
So many are hurting, deeply hurting. As a result of that hurt, many are looking in all sorts of places for relief from their pain, when You are the one with the real answers. I think of some I know whose trials are about to start that will determine if they are set free or going to miss their child growing up because of incarceration. Someone else will be attending their step dads memorial tomorrow and was sharing all the family baggage that is part of that. They both need you so much. Guide them with your loving hand and give them peace. Help us all to be drawn into that relationship with you where we can know your peace and love. Thank you for all you do or us.
The Following User Says Thank You to mg81 For This Useful Post:
miamac (01-21-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 10:45 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Day Seven, January 21 2019

Gracious Father, today I lift my hands up to You in praise and thanksgiving. I am feeling really grateful for the ability to share music with my husband today over the phone and to have made a memory with my dad, dancing in the car to Lady Gaga. These small things, these mustard-seed moments where I go all in and trust in Your plan have brought me so much joy today. I had a moment of anxiety that the tower may cut our call short if I tried to play the song, but they didn’t. I had a little embarrassment over shaking the car and looking silly in public, but not only did it make us laugh, we got another car to do it, too! Is that showing Your light to the world? I don’t know. But it felt good.

Lord we praise You for these mercies, we thank You that your promises are trustworthy and God we offer up our lives for Your purpose.

In every thought and every deed, may we bring glory to Your name,
Amen.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:10 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Day Eight, January 22 2019
Merciful God! How amazing You are. Am I dancing around my house right now? Yes, yes I am because God You are so good. Lord, I thank You for hearing my prayers for O and for bringing the help he so desperately needed. You knew better than I did how to reach his heart and help him to see a new path and getting that message today that he’s going to choose to follow it?! I can’t even begin to explain how my little heart feels. This is joy. Thank You, Lord. Thank You, Father. Thank You for Your mercy and we lift Your name up for all that is good and gracious in this world.

Amen!!

Old 01-22-2019, 08:59 PM

Dear lord,

Please bring my honey peace in his heart. Three are found in life we can control and things we cannot. He tortures himself at times with that he cannot control. Thank you for protecting me in my car accident today.

I do ask that you remove this heavy cloud that feels like is hanging over us. Good news, peaceful days, and more laughter.

Thank you for all you do.

Amen

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
mg81 (01-23-2019), miamac (01-22-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 05:52 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Day Nine, January 24th 2019

God--

I am imperfect. This is not news. When I am deep in my emotions, I'm even more imperfect. I make mistakes, I miss deadlines. I am easily overwhelmed and sometimes , short-tempered.

You know the chaos that's landed in the last 48 hours. The fear, the wonder, the sadness and the lack of confidence is threatening to swallow me up. Please, Lord, help me to be the strong, confident, woman of God You created me to be while I navigate through these challenges. I'm trusting in Your plan.

Amen.

Last edited by miamac; 01-24-2019 at 06:34 PM..
Old 01-26-2019, 12:37 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Day Ten, January 25th 2019

Heavenly Father, we praise You for all the love You rain down. Lord, we thank You for the opportunity to reach out in the dark and find not only You, but friends and support networks that help us find our way through difficult situations. I thank You tonight for the chance to share my conversations with You and Lord if it's Your will this thread will continue to inspire regular prayer in someone needing more time, a deeper connection, a closer relationship with You.

When we pray, God, let our hearts be more open. Help us to remember to pray for others and not only our own needs, fears and struggles. Let us encourage one another to equally bring our songs of worship, lifting our voices to You. Because You are the Almighty, the One deserving of praise.

Lord, thank You for hearing us, for answering our prayers, and for working to see that we accomplish Your will.

With all our hearts, in Jesus' name we pray...
Amen
Old 01-26-2019, 01:18 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

This brings a close to the Jan 15- Jan 25th prayer challenge. If you posted your words, thank you for having the willingness to share. For those who privately messaged, may God bring wisdom and strength to you as you follow His path.