Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Pennsylvania that do not fit into any other Pennsylvania sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-13-2020, 04:32 PM

Default County to SCI Phoenix to SCI Camp Hill timeline

I didn't see any current information here so I thought I'd post our experience thus far. My husband spent a little under 3 weeks in county and was transferred to SCI Phoenix presumably because we are in the Eastern region. He was able to call me the 2nd day there to let me know he is okay. He said it's really not bad there at all for anyone worrying about their LO going through the intake process. He said the food wasn't bad either. They even had chocolate cake for dessert one night. He did mention that the 23 hour lock down sucks, repeatedly, but that's to be expected.

After 8 days at Phoenix he was transferred to Camp Hill. He's only been there for 24 hours so I haven't heard from him yet. Got an alert from vinelink this morning and then a letter this afternoon that said he would be heading to Camp Hill. Hoping to get a courtesy call but who knows? I will update here when I have any new information.

I know it's different for everyone but I just wanted to share our experience. I just hope this helps someone because I know I've been going crazy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rbswifey For This Useful Post:
Dirty Hippie (03-28-2020), fbopnomore (02-14-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2020, 08:43 PM

Im in the same boat along the same timeline as you. My Lo went from county, to Phoenix, and has been at camp hill for 2 weeks Tuesday now. During the first 10 days, they are in black out. You wonít hear from him at all. Itís excruciating. After that 10 days, he will be moved to a new block awaiting classification. Thatís where mine is now. they only get one 15 minute phone call every 4 days and they are locked in for 23 hours. So get ready for that. He will be able to write you though. And email, but can only check and respond to that on the days he gets phone. My LO said the guys told him people are usually in classification for about 4 weeks until they get their slip that tells them they been classified. Then the waiting game starts for a bed wherever they may send them for their home jail. Itís all a waiting game at this point for us, and you it seems. Also, after the 10 day blackout, they can get visits but not until their list is approved. Let me know if you need anything else. Hope it helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to aalbright17 For This Useful Post:
rbswifey (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 09:17 PM

Thank you for the info! Mine has already been in the blackout period at Phoenix for 8 days with the exception of the one call he was allowed to make to let me know he is okay. Itís been tough but we are writing a ton of letters. Iíve been trying unsuccessfully to buy stamps on JPay so he can email but it wonít allow me to do that yet. Am I doing something wrong? Connected Network only shows county jails so Iím not sure how I can email him? It would be a lot easier than sending letters to Smart Communications. It took them 8 days to get him two letters and the rest never made it to Phoenix now that heís no longer there. He did submit his phone and visitor list at Phoenix but he was out of there pretty quick so I donít know if it ever got approved. I wonder if heíll have to start over again at Camp Hill? Would you happen to know? Thanks again for all this information, itís very helpful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalbright17 View Post
Im in the same boat along the same timeline as you. My Lo went from county, to Phoenix, and has been at camp hill for 2 weeks Tuesday now. During the first 10 days, they are in black out. You wonít hear from him at all. Itís excruciating. After that 10 days, he will be moved to a new block awaiting classification. Thatís where mine is now. they only get one 15 minute phone call every 4 days and they are locked in for 23 hours. So get ready for that. He will be able to write you though. And email, but can only check and respond to that on the days he gets phone. My LO said the guys told him people are usually in classification for about 4 weeks until they get their slip that tells them they been classified. Then the waiting game starts for a bed wherever they may send them for their home jail. Itís all a waiting game at this point for us, and you it seems. Also, after the 10 day blackout, they can get visits but not until their list is approved. Let me know if you need anything else. Hope it helps!
Old 02-13-2020, 09:55 PM

Now that hes at CH he will go through a whole new 10 day blackout period. Sounds like you might be doing something wrong on Connect Network for the email. If you log on the app, go to messaging, the add new contact from there (and add your LO). Thats where you just pay for message credits. Then you should be able to message/email. You don't need the stamps thing. I tried that too, but it didnt work. Do what I just said and youll have no problem. He has to buy Links when he puts in his commisary order. Once he has links, he can respond to your emails. Without links, he cant. The whole Smart Communication process is a joke. 8 days...I know. By the time he gets them, we've already talked about everything I wrote lol. He doesnt care though. They just like getting mail. My LO had to put in a new visiting and phone list during classification at CH. They dont transfer, even though theyll tell you it does (I called Phoenix and they told me it would, but it doesnt). By the time he is out of classification, his phone list should be approved. In my case, it took like 2-3 days after that for his visiting list to get approved. If you dont mind me asking, what county was your LO in? Wondering if we are from the same area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbswifey View Post
Thank you for the info! Mine has already been in the blackout period at Phoenix for 8 days with the exception of the one call he was allowed to make to let me know he is okay. Itís been tough but we are writing a ton of letters. Iíve been trying unsuccessfully to buy stamps on JPay so he can email but it wonít allow me to do that yet. Am I doing something wrong? Connected Network only shows county jails so Iím not sure how I can email him? It would be a lot easier than sending letters to Smart Communications. It took them 8 days to get him two letters and the rest never made it to Phoenix now that heís no longer there. He did submit his phone and visitor list at Phoenix but he was out of there pretty quick so I donít know if it ever got approved. I wonder if heíll have to start over again at Camp Hill? Would you happen to know? Thanks again for all this information, itís very helpful!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aalbright17 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-14-2020), rbswifey (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 10:24 PM

Yep I was certainly doing it wrong with Connect Network but I got it now thanks to your instructions! I'm so happy to hear his phone list should be approved by the time he's done with the blackout period and 2-3 days after for visitation isn't so bad. From what I read through old posts here it seemed like it was taking a month or longer. It's already been two weeks since I've seen him. I can do another two but four would be rough. He was committed in Berks because that's where the incident took place, we are not from that area though. Thanks so much for all your help!
Old 02-14-2020, 12:32 PM

You’re welcome. I hope the process gets easier for you. Give it some time and be patient. That’s all we can do. All I can do now is hope he gets sent closer to home because I drive 2+ hours to see him at CH. we are from Nj. Praying that Phoenix is the move for his home jail. We don’t know until he is on his way there. They don’t tell you any sooner. Good luck! If you have any questions, just inbox me!
Old 02-14-2020, 02:09 PM

Seems like the only thing we can do. I wish patience was my strong suit, itís not easy. We are hoping for Chester or Phoenix but not getting our hopes up. Iíll be driving 2+ hours for my visits also. I take it youíve already been there? What did you wear? This is my first time dealing with this so Iíve read everything I cannot wear but have no idea what we actually can wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalbright17 View Post
Youíre welcome. I hope the process gets easier for you. Give it some time and be patient. Thatís all we can do. All I can do now is hope he gets sent closer to home because I drive 2+ hours to see him at CH. we are from Nj. Praying that Phoenix is the move for his home jail. We donít know until he is on his way there. They donít tell you any sooner. Good luck! If you have any questions, just inbox me!
The Following User Says Thank You to rbswifey For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-29-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 05:28 PM

My man went to county to camp hill the sci greene then back to camp hill then to his home prision at albion where hes at now. I worried so much about him at camp hill and lots of sleeepless nights. But now he is safe at albion and i hope things go good for you
The Following User Says Thank You to jlkkk2001 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-29-2020)
Old 03-03-2020, 04:23 PM

Oh wow, glad he's at his home prison now. My husband was just classified so hopefully, he'll be leaving Camp Hill soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlkkk2001 View Post
My man went to county to camp hill the sci greene then back to camp hill then to his home prision at albion where hes at now. I worried so much about him at camp hill and lots of sleeepless nights. But now he is safe at albion and i hope things go good for you
The Following User Says Thank You to rbswifey For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-03-2020)