Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

Default Question on times for transfers from county to reception

My bf has been told peole only get transferred on Tuesday and Thursday mornings where he is, so if I don't hear from one of those days, I know the day has finally come. Is this true? Does it depend on the county jail?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexSiChic View Post
My bf has been told peole only get transferred on Tuesday and Thursday mornings where he is, so if I don't hear from one of those days, I know the day has finally come. Is this true? Does it depend on the county jail?
Isn't your bf in Duval?

They have their jail inmate records online. I know for me, I found out my husband had been transferred from St. John's because I checked his jail record online that morning and it showed he was gone. It listed him as "released" but of course that is just their cruel joke of a way of saying he'd been sent to DOC.

So you might find out that way without having to wait for a missed call.

Then, after midnight that night, you can check the DOC inmate records and there should be a listing for him in their records. Maybe not a complete record yet with photo, custody status, etc but at least a name/doc #/etc so that you can start to do things like set up your phone account and send him commissary money with the doc #.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:45 AM

From what I understand, most County Jails do have their set transfer days, Prisons also have them too. I had signed up with Vine, and they alerted me that day. Yet, when my son went from the prison to the WRC, they didn't alert me for some time! I would suggest signing up with Vine, but they aren't always that reliable as far as the date you get your info. The DOC site sometimes updates at the end of the day they were moved, so that could be an option to check too..
Old 04-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

He's in Manatee. I didn't hear from him last night or this morning, so this is my first scare that he's gone. But, like I said, he was told only Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't think this county has inmate records, just arrests. I'll do a little more digging.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Banned

Prisons do not pick up on Saturdays.

Tues and Thursday mornings(between 3AM and 6AM), they do pickups for MOST counties.

I have noticed that the southern counties(dade, palm beach) seem to do theirs on Mondays and Wednesdays which is odd.

For females it is Mon and Wed.

Prisons do transfers(to another prisons) on Mon, Wed and Fri.

If you have not heard from him today then he could be in the box or is just busy, sleeping, etc.

Last edited by Illuminati; 04-03-2011 at 12:34 PM..
Old 04-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

I checked Manatee county jail site and they only show arrests from the last 90 days. Booooo.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

Don't forget that there are tons of reasons why he could be sitting there and be unable to call you. Our guys don't control their own lives anymore, and that can be the hardest thing to get used to for them AND us. The crappy phones could be broken, there could be a lockdown, all sorts of things that are preventing him from using the phone. Just because he said he would call you and didn't...doesn't mean he's not still sitting there in the jail. It may just mean he is there and CAN'T call.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Dawn loves Michael always

Just call and ask.