Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Pennsylvania.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:01 AM

Default Phoenix to Camp Hill?

I don't know a lot about the state system, I have a friend who has a little over 3 years left and just got moved from a county jail to Phoenix. I got a letter and he said he was being transferred to Camp Hill probably within 7-12 days. I'm confused, I thought they did classification at both prisons, why would he need to be moved from one to the other?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2019, 08:39 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,311 Times in 1,272 Posts

All male prisoners are classified at SCI Camp Hill. PHX is merely the intake point for the Eastern Region (and GRN is the intake point for the western region.)

Once he completes the classification process, the Classification Unit will determine which prison to send him to and put him in the line to get there. It can take a few weeks or a couple months, and he probably won't know anything until the day before he leaves.
bcjsgirl13 (02-05-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 09:12 AM

Do you know how long it takes to get a call from camp hill once they are transferred there?
Old 05-21-2019, 12:09 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,517 Times in 12,966 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I don't know the answer to your question, but here is what PA DOC says about receiving calls from prisoners.
https://www.cor.pa.gov/family-and-fr...elephones.aspx
Old 05-21-2019, 12:32 PM

Ok thank youm ibwas wondering cause its been 11 days since her was transferred from sci phoenix to camp hill and i have not heard from him. I write him an email everyday but i am not sure if he can even check a kiosk to see i wrote him. Its a mess.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jocelyn15 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 10:00 PM

Unfortunately, Camp Hill is dreadful - one of the most poorly run in the state. Having said that, he would've been in 10 day intake when he first got there, so hopefully you've heard from him. (I know your post is a month old.) It's been our experience that the kiosks are frequently out of order (my bf is in Chester right now), but hopefully you've heard from your person. Sadly, I have a lot of experience dealing with the PA prison system, so ask me any questions you like!