Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:27 PM

Default Will his time count towards new time?

So my loved one was arrested just about a year ago, did 9 months for parole violation because of the new charge, and has been on house arrest for 2 months waiting for the final decision on his charge from last year. We thought he was going to be accepted into a probation program but he wasn’t and now could get time. Will these 11 months count towards any time he gets? He was incarcerated while the new case was ongoing, so we think it will but I’m not sure. Any experience?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2019, 11:55 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meami1 View Post
So my loved one was arrested just about a year ago, did 9 months for parole violation because of the new charge, and has been on house arrest for 2 months waiting for the final decision on his charge from last year. We thought he was going to be accepted into a probation program but he wasn’t and now could get time. Will these 11 months count towards any time he gets? He was incarcerated while the new case was ongoing, so we think it will but I’m not sure. Any experience?
Hey there. I remember we talked about our mutual PV situations before. So lemme ask first-they violates him while he was still fighting the case? They should’ve put him back out while he was fighting it. If yes they violated him what was the determine reason? USUALLY time spent fighting a case is considered dead time but this scenario is strange.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 09-02-2019, 12:15 AM

Yes, they violated him based on just the arrest. Now he is home after 9 months, and is currently on house arrest through cook county.

Last edited by Meami1; 09-02-2019 at 12:17 AM.. Reason: Added text
Old 09-02-2019, 02:11 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Yes, they violated him based on just the arrest. Now he is home after 9 months, and is currently on house arrest through cook county.
That’s right you’re in cook. That’s crazy to me, but since he was violated and did the time it should count towards the new charge. If he’s gonna plead this out make sure it’s written in the sentencing order because if he gets more time and IDOC doesn’t calculate his outdate correct you’ll need it to battle them. I’ve been to Illinois Springfield hell and back becuz they miscalculated by 27 days just based on custody date and it’s still not fixed and he was violated four months ago.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 09-02-2019, 08:14 AM

Thanks! That gives me some relief. He had court last Wednesday and I’ve been a mess ever since. We were shocked (and appalled) at the mental health court judge’s decision. We’ve been out of the criminal court setting for months now
Old 09-02-2019, 08:34 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Thanks! That gives me some relief. He had court last Wednesday and I’ve been a mess ever since. We were shocked (and appalled) at the mental health court judge’s decision. We’ve been out of the criminal court setting for months now
Yea that’s a little off the norm. I can’t believe they even violated him. They told Jesse that they were only violating him becuz he took time on the new charge otherwise they would’ve kicked him back out on parole. Good luck I hope everything works out and he doesn’t have to do any more time.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
Yea that’s a little off the norm. I can’t believe they even violated him. They told Jesse that they were only violating him becuz he took time on the new charge otherwise they would’ve kicked him back out on parole. Good luck I hope everything works out and he doesn’t have to do any more time.
He was very manic when he met with the PRB. NOTHING about this case has been logical. He has not been able to catch a single break and it’s super frustrating. The woman involved in the case said she wants both him and her to be able to move on with their lives, didn’t want to press charges but the state picked it up and originally wanted 3-6 years. I keep thinking logically about everything and it just gets me so frustrated because it never turns out that way.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:32 PM

But thank you for all your help - always! How are you holding up?
Old 09-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
But thank you for all your help - always! How are you holding up?
It’s been tough. The emotional roller coaster. The time left is weighing heavily, and the facility he’s at is horrendous and very trying on him. So much bs. We go up n down but just trying to get thru it. Within the next few weeks he should get a credit for finishing this class and I think that may be a needed boost.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:35 PM

Believe me I totally get the roller coaster. Been on one for a year. As we face court this week I am a mess. I don’t know how I’ll make it through without him again. It’s heart breaking
Old 09-04-2019, 06:23 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Believe me I totally get the roller coaster. Been on one for a year. As we face court this week I am a mess. I don’t know how I’ll make it through without him again. It’s heart breaking
My heart hurts for you. When’s court? You guys are in my prayers.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:12 PM

Court is tomorrow morning. Send prayers. We’re a mess.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meami1 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-05-2019), jessesgirl1111 (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 11:10 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Court is tomorrow morning. Send prayers. We’re a mess.
Praying for you mama. Please lmk.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
Praying for you mama. Please lmk.
All is good!!! He will dress in and dress out in a week. Time considered served
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meami1 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-07-2019), jessesgirl1111 (09-07-2019)
Old 09-07-2019, 06:08 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,517 Times in 12,966 Posts

Great news, Congratulations.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:11 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meami1 View Post
all is good!!! He will dress in and dress out in a week. Time considered served
amennnn