Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF) Topic and discussion specific to CSATF- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility located at Corcoran State Prison in California.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:33 AM

Default D yard-ish (questions, visits, mail, phones etc?)

ey ladies, got some amateur-ass questions bout CSATF thats' sure to induce some eye rolling from ya, but will make or break the fantasyland i try hard to imagine my man being in. Per his own request he has been transferred from Calipatria to CSATF to be closer to his dad, a lifer there. or for rehab, not sure which line they caved for but shonuff he's managed to charm his way through another endeavor...
either way i know he hasn't been assigned a counselor yet but is currently posted in D yard. what differenciates the yards? violence/threat levels? also, i have a tmobile cellphone, anyway i can tell it i wanna accept collect calls from prison? i know some cellphones have the capability.....lastly, what happened to all the snail mail i sent him at calipatria?
just joking, couple few more questions actually.....what are some reasons i could be denied visitation? i was denied last year due to some FTA & FTP (failure to appear/pay) but have since cleared it up. Also, I was arrested as accomplice to his same charges (felony, violent) but everything was dropped after he threw in the towel...could they deny me visits based on our past involvement? I am also on informal probation for a DUI in oct. 2004....damn imma never see him huh
whoevers reading this holler whether you got answers or just wanna spit some randomness....
thanks -mariosluigi
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2006, 09:22 PM

Hey,
Well your questions are not eye rolling! They are honest good questions.
1. the yards are due to levels and housing avalability.
2. Good luck getting them to allow you to get collect calls from the prison, the prison has their own phone system, it is not a nice system. Look up on the internet and you can find some places that might be able to do that for you.
3.Either the mail you sent before he moved will catch up to him or it will be sent back to you.
4. Visiting is real hard to get if you were a co on his case! If the charges were completely droped I would still put it on your visiting request! They can deny you for anything they want to. I was denied because the CO's didn't tell me I had to fill something out when I "updated" the visiting form after ten years of being approved.

Don't give up though! Good luck! You deserve to see him! If you don't give up you could just get your way.

Closed Thread