Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the North Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Banned

Default Pasquotank Correctional

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF VISITS AT PCI ARE CONTACT FOR THE CLOSE CUSTODY INMATES
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2003, 10:37 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,247 Posts

Moving this to the North Carolina forum, Kris...
Old 12-21-2003, 11:51 PM

my man is close custody at PCI and we have contact visits.you get to kiss at the beginning and again at the end of a visit.sometimes in fact most of the time they don't say much about holding hands or a little kiss during the visit as long as it's done in good taste.you know respectful to others and the children that's around.you know a quick little kiss.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Banned

THANKS SQUEAKY
I PMED YOU
Old 12-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Banned

When I was at Pasquotank, it was both medium and close. If I am correct, the visits were combined, in that big visitation room surrounded by vending machines. I think PCI is now all close, with the exception of the Honor Grade across the way. Visitations are contact, though closely monitored by walking officers and some in the booth. If nothing has changed since I was there, it was quite liberal, but don't expect your loved ones to do too much moving from his seat. I think the officers were quite respectful to the inmates and their loved ones, it's just the closing I never liked. You won't experience it, but inmates after visit must strip completely and may even be "cavity searched" for any illegal items. I hated that after an emotional visit with my family. It really wrecks the visit, but I understand that it has to be done. I can deal with it if I am the only one in the room being searched, but when there are 3 other inmates in there, it is very uncomfortable. Hopefully that may have changed a bit, but outside of that, visits (as I remember them) were ok. Now, if your loved one is in seg, that is a different story altogether, as no contact visits will be allowed, but from behind a shield you can have a visit.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:08 PM
Banned

THANKS MASONIK4. I HAVE VISITED OTHER CAMPS BUT HAVE NEVER BEEN AND AM A LITTLE NERVOUS. YOUR REPLY ANSWERED A LOT OF QUESTIONS. BUT WHAT DAY AND TIMES AND DO I HAVE TO CALL AHEAD TO SCHEDULE A VISIT?
I KNOW WHEN I GO SEE TERRANCE AT CENTRAL I HAVE TO CALL AHEAD OF TIME
Old 12-22-2003, 08:33 PM
Banned

I do not know that right off the bat; in many cases the inmate has to initiate that. They have to fill out a visitors form or add you to the list, with certain information, like age, and relation to you. Visitations are usually held on weekends, in two parts, morning and afternoon. If you wish to call, I would suggest a week ahead of time, because ultimately it may still fall on that inmate to put you on the list, and for them to clear you for visits. You may well be granted permission earlier, and if that happens, great, but count on the possibility of the red tape. If you are already on the list, you should be ok. Most inmates get visits spontaneously; many didn't expect a visit, so unless EVERYONE shows up, then you should not have a problem. Most prisons do A-L (last names) in the morning, then M-Z in the afternoon, and switch up often. Call to find out when your loved one's visit will be that week of your visit, because it can change. I hope that helps..
Old 12-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Banned

IT HELPS ALOT AND I AM ALREADY ON HIS LIST SO I GUESS THAT IS A PLUS ON MY PART. THANK YOU AND I WILL CALL AND SEE WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO GET A VISIT SCHEDULED.AGAIN THANK YOU