Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:46 AM

Default Is Twin Towers very different from Pitchess??

I'm just wondering if it's far worse or is there no difference? Are they outside as much, do they have as much access to the phones, are the sleeping arrangements similar, like are they in dorms, cells... is there programs?
Someone I know did 6 months in Pitchess [first East then South] last year and it seemed laid back. He's back in jail now but this time in TT and he's going to be there for a long while...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 08:19 AM
(f/k/a ARoman)

Thanked 1,392 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh1128 View Post
I'm just wondering if it's far worse or is there no difference? Are they outside as much, do they have as much access to the phones, are the sleeping arrangements similar, like are they in dorms, cells... is there programs?
Someone I know did 6 months in Pitchess [first East then South] last year and it seemed laid back. He's back in jail now but this time in TT and he's going to be there for a long while...
I think it is very different. First of all the design of the jail is completely different and their "yard" is on the roof. My son was at TT for only a week after being in Pitchess for 8 months. He was there during the process of being transfered to State and they had him in a cell by himself which I don't think is very common. They are all over crowded and crammed in together, even at Pitchess now that they aren't housing in the North facility.

Sorry, I guess I didn't really answer your questions.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:11 PM

Thanked 1,462 Times in 936 Posts

Wayside u get to visit longer than tt and I heard the phones work better
Old 07-09-2010, 07:22 PM

TT is a way easier visit than PDC. for one it is in castaic, like an hour from LA with min traffic. the wait to get into is long, the wait for the bus is long, the wait to finally get to visit is long, then finally the wait to get out is long. then there is the drive home, probably in traffic, so that will be long.

when my son was in PDC, i would leave my home, in whittier, at 9am, get there by 10am and i would be out by 2pm-3pm, then drive home another hour. so it was basically a full day.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:47 PM

I thought Pitchess visiting was much easier to deal with than TT. The drive was about the same distance for me but only around 8 people can visit at a time on the floors at TT.

Last edited by halebop; 07-09-2010 at 08:51 PM..
Old 07-09-2010, 09:13 PM
his wifey

Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh1128 View Post
I personally liked TT more than traveling to Wayside. Mine lucked up and ended up on the trustee floor (we still don't know how that happened) and I was able to visit everyday. Now the phone does cut off in exactly 30 minutes but he was cool there. He had access to the phone all the time but his yard was pretty much non-existent. Mine had a card for the vending machine to purchase water too. When you go to visit, you can see their living quarters. Wayside took sooooo long to go through the visiting process. Like I said, I was able to visit everyday.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:45 AM

Yes, that is a really good thing about TT. Mine was also on the trustee floor but I work such long hours that I was never able to take advantage of the extra visits but that part is very nice. I was always lining up at 4 am on weekends so I could go up in the first group. I don't miss that part! I definitely appreciated the free parking at Pitchess....really, it all sucks though. Hang in there!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advs1 View Post
TT is a way easier visit than PDC. for one it is in castaic, like an hour from LA with min traffic. the wait to get into is long, the wait for the bus is long, the wait to finally get to visit is long, then finally the wait to get out is long. then there is the drive home, probably in traffic, so that will be long.

when my son was in PDC, i would leave my home, in whittier, at 9am, get there by 10am and i would be out by 2pm-3pm, then drive home another hour. so it was basically a full day.
Pitchess is a much easier and smoother visitation than TT. My sweetie was at TT for a while before going to Pitchess and then was back at TT before being transferred to prison. He HATED TT! He said it is much, much cleaner at Pitchess, the CO's are nicer (and he doesn't really talk to anyone so for him to say this means a lot) and he said the atmosphere at Pitchess was a lot more laid back.