Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,562 Times in 2,814 Posts

Disclaimer:

Prison Talk Online cannot accept responsibility for rideshare or carpool arrangements made between members.

Members are advised that they make these arrangements at their own risk and in no way can PTO be held accountable for any problems that arise.

We would like to encourage our members to consider the following precautions when entering into a carpool/rideshare agreement with another member.
Before agreeing to carpool, certain issues should be discussed and decisions made. Issues that should be settled immediately include members’ feelings about the radio, conversation, smoking habits and eating.
You should also find out whether the vehicle, personal possessions, or clothing of either passengers or driver will contain illegal substances or contraband. This is a very important issue and should be addressed with your fellow travellers. Prisons routinely search vehicles and you should be aware if there is a possibility of something being discovered and action taken. Most states do not allow firearms, cameras or alcohol on prison grounds - do your research, find out what is the local policy.
Agree in advance on reimbursement for driving expenses, meals, toll roads, parking fees and so on. Agree on a way of payment and a timescale for payment to happen.
If you don’t know your carpooling buddies, feel free to ask them about their driving record. Make sure they have a valid drivers licence.
Make your pick-up point a public location until you thoroughly trust the other individual.
Use common sense and trust your instincts; with a little preparation carpooling can be very rewarding and often leads to long lasting friendships.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:15 PM

Default Ride to Sterling

Hello I am fairly new to this website and I have been trying very hard to visit my husband in Sterling Correctional Facility. I am on a fixed income and don't have a car to drive up there but could help with gas money if anyone is going there from Colorado Springs I would be so grateful to share a ride with you so that I can finally see my hubby after 7 months.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:35 AM

StarrAngel

I'll ask at the So. CO CURE/AFC meeting on Tues. Apr. 14th which is held at the ComCor office in the Springs.

Last edited by SpikeCO558; 04-09-2015 at 12:36 AM.. Reason: Date change
Old 04-09-2015, 12:37 PM

Thank you so much SpikeCO558
Old 07-28-2015, 07:08 AM

Default Intro--Hisfluffybunny from Colorado

I am trying to find someone to share the cost of gas out to scf
And back on Sundays.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:17 PM

Default First time

[quote=scaredinlove;2481023]I usually go down to Fremont every other week. Let me know if I can help[/QUOT hi my name is amy how are u? My husband is in Fremont. . Don't know how to get up there to see him .. I tried to get ahold of the barn s bus .... let me know if you can help. ... (email address emoved per policy) thank u

Last edited by patchouli; 07-09-2016 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: removed email address
Old 04-02-2017, 07:26 AM

Default Visits from Denver to Limon

If you're going to Limon for a visit, may I ask- will you take me with? Let me know by Thursday what day your visit is scheduled so I can schedule mine. I live in Wheat Ridge off I70 and Wadsworth, but I can get around town pretty well, I'll meet you wherever, whenever to leave Denver. I'm willing to pay for all the fuel there and back.
Contact me anytime.
THANKS ❤❤
Old 04-02-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaValhalla View Post
If you're going to Limon for a visit, may I ask- will you take me with? Let me know by Thursday what day your visit is scheduled so I can schedule mine. I live in Wheat Ridge off I70 and Wadsworth, but I can get around town pretty well, I'll meet you wherever, whenever to leave Denver. I'm willing to pay for all the fuel there and back.
Contact me anytime.
THANKS ❤❤
Hello. I don't go to Limon but there is a bus that goes up once a month. I wasn't sure if you knew about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-02-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Donation Award 

And Barnabus is very close to where you live.

http://www.doinghistime.org/barn-a-bus-colorado/

They are located close to 41st and Wadsworth.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:14 AM
In Love With My Soulmate

Is anyone in FCI Florence??
Old 07-01-2017, 01:55 PM

My fiance was moved to Crowley County Correctional Facility earlier this week from CMRC it was hard to find a way there as now he's even farther away. I live in Fort Collins I am hoping that there is someone who is willing and going to Crowley County either on a Thursday or Friday and willing to share a ride with me. I do not have a license or a car and these or the only 2 days off I get a week so if you are going there please let me know so we can share a ride. Thank you
Old 07-01-2017, 02:49 PM

Hey girl
I was never successfully able to find somebody to share a ride with on this forum but I have found a guy who will drive. Give him a call and see how much he'll charge tell him that Crystal sent you his name is Jim and his number is (Removed per policy; Please pm private/personal contact info). He's not creepy or weird, he's cool. And, I've already taught him the ins and outs of pick up and drop off for Colorado DOC. Hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv.lve.lgh1217 View Post
My fiance was moved to Crowley County Correctional Facility earlier this week from CMRC it was hard to find a way there as now he's even farther away. I live in Fort Collins I am hoping that there is someone who is willing and going to Crowley County either on a Thursday or Friday and willing to share a ride with me. I do not have a license or a car and these or the only 2 days off I get a week so if you are going there please let me know so we can share a ride. Thank you

Last edited by patchouli; 07-01-2017 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: removed personal phone number
Old 07-01-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaValhalla View Post
Hey girl
I was never successfully able to find somebody to share a ride with on this forum but I have found a guy who will drive. Give him a call and see how much he'll charge tell him that Crystal sent you his name is Jim and his number is (Removed per policy; Please pm private/personal contact info). He's not creepy or weird, he's cool. And, I've already taught him the ins and outs of pick up and drop off for Colorado DOC. Hope that helps

Thanks I definitely will give him a call and see f he is available to take me on one of these days. Much appreciated.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv.lve.lgh1217 View Post
Thanks much appreciated and I'll give him a call and see if this can work.
Barn a bus does go to Crowley. You may want to check if anyone is going to Arkansas Valley too. It is 5 miles up the road from Crowley.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:37 PM

Thank you I did check them out and they go every 4th Saturday of the month which is awesome but I'd really like to get down there to see him sooner ten that. If no luck with that I will settle for the 4th Saturday of the month
Old 07-08-2017, 08:44 AM

Default Looking for Viola Valhalla

You had given me some information about someone who could possibly assist me with gettting to Crowley County Correctional Facility. I was able to speak with John and I was supposed to call him back but I misplaced his number could it be possible to get it again from you please?
Old 07-21-2017, 02:29 AM

Default Anyone going to Buena Vista Correctional Facility

If anyone is going to Buena Vista and would like someone to help share to cost I'm in need of a ride at least once a month would love to go twice a month. I have no car or drivers license but my husband was just moved there and finding someone to take me this far is almost impossible. If you are going there and are in need of help with the costs let me when I know the visit a are Fridays saturdays and Sundays I have fridays off from work but can switch to Saturdays if need to. I just would like someone I could depend on going with who may need the help to make it easier on them as well.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:53 PM

Default Ride to Fremont/Canon City

So I just got approved to visit my son. I am beyond happy about this. However he is in Canon City and that is 6 hours away from me. I dont drive or have a license so getting to see him is going to take some work on my part. I have looked into taking a greyhound bus but that will take 21 hours and I would have to catch the bus either in Cheyenne WY or in Denver as they do not come to my town any more and to be honest I have no desire to sit on a bus for 20 hours for a ride that should take no more than 8 on a bad day. The thing that is making this even more agonizing for me is the fact that I have not been able to touch my son or hug him in 2 years. This is to be our first contact visit as he has been in county doing visits through the 12 foot thick glass on the phone that you cant hear what they are saying any way. So as you can tell I am desperate to go and see him and hug him and maybe smack him up side the head too but mostly hug him. I just need a ride up there and back, but this is where it gets tricky. I after waiting so long to see my son and to hug him I dont want to just stay one day for a few hours. If I am reading it right I can visit him on Friday and Saturday as well or on Friday and Sunday so I was looking for some one that is planning on staying the night and visiting for 2 days not just one. I can cover half the gas and I will have my own place of lodgings so that will not be your worry either. I am pretty laid back and can listen to pretty much any type of music I am a nonsmoker but smoking does not bother me as long as a window is down a crack in the car. I will not be bringing any contraband with me so that is not a concern. Any way if you can help me out with this or know of some one that can please get back to me. All I need to know is when you are leaving and what time to be ready and where to meet.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:27 AM

It would help to know where you are coming from.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:28 AM

Sorry I'm in Fort Collins. I can get to Denver no problem just not any further.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:31 AM

Default car pool to AVCF in colorado

Good morning everyone. I live in Loveland and my bf is in AVCF and im looking for a carpool. I can usually only go on Fridays. Let me know if anyone is willing to help me out. thank you!!
Old 10-24-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbearamy View Post
Good morning everyone. I live in Loveland and my bf is in AVCF and im looking for a carpool. I can usually only go on Fridays. Let me know if anyone is willing to help me out. thank you!!
Check with people that go to Crowley as well since it is right down the road. Barn a Bus goes down once a month on the 3rd Saturday.

Let me know if you have any questions - my husband was there for several years and was recently moved.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
Poohbearamy (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
It would help to know where you are coming from.
Loveland
Old 10-25-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbearamy View Post
Loveland
Barn a bus picks up in Denver.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:59 PM

Default Anyone going to Crowley Correctional - Nov 9 and 10

Hello . . . looking for ride to CCCF in Olney Springs on November 9th and 10th. I am staying in Colorado City which is an hour drive to Olney Springs. I can share gas expense . . . would love to get there early and stay all day.