Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:44 PM

Default is buying unlimited phone time available in CO?

My fiance had told me that he had heard from some of the other guys in the facility at Sterling that their friends and or families had been able to buy unlimited phone time but I never could find it. This morning my future mother in law came across the website that states that you can buy unlimited phone time either by one month, three month, or for a full year. The company is IC Unlimited which is owned by ConnectNetwork GTL. When you go through their steps it goes to the state, and Colorado is on there along with all of the facilities. It also then shows that you can have a family plan with an addition phone that could be added. That would be great for me and my mother in law. Has anyone heard of this and is it accepted? If it is it would be a whole lot cheaper for all of us. I was warned by a friend to make sure to check it out because sometimes Colorado tends to block things because of the kick backs they get. What they say is that you sign up your phone number and the company then gives you a number that you give to the loved one and the have that number placed on their call list. When they call it goes through your ConnectNetwork or provider and then rings to your phone. I know I could not find it through a google search but hears came up through the Bing search engine. So that was how I finally came up with it. I cannot see why if they are the same company why it would not be available to us but I have learned they never make it easy or inexpensive for us. It is always about the money. So if someone has heard about this I would appreciate any feedback that is out there. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2017, 02:57 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,722 Posts

I checked this out and can't find anywhere that would indicate IC Unlimited is owned or even affiliated with GTL. It seems to me that this is just another call forwarding service which forwards calls to your cell phone when the inmate dials the local number assigned to you.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:41 PM

I actually googled it and asked who owns the company and it came up that they are one of the same.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,722 Posts

I'd love to see that link...or a link to IC Unlimited's website.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:14 PM

sorry I stand corrected. it is owned by a texas company. can you tell me anything about these other companies and can they be used or not?
Old 10-26-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOwl&Lioness View Post
My fiance had told me that he had heard from some of the other guys in the facility at Sterling that their friends and or families had been able to buy unlimited phone time but I never could find it. This morning my future mother in law came across the website that states that you can buy unlimited phone time either by one month, three month, or for a full year. The company is IC Unlimited which is owned by ConnectNetwork GTL. When you go through their steps it goes to the state, and Colorado is on there along with all of the facilities. It also then shows that you can have a family plan with an addition phone that could be added. That would be great for me and my mother in law. Has anyone heard of this and is it accepted? If it is it would be a whole lot cheaper for all of us. I was warned by a friend to make sure to check it out because sometimes Colorado tends to block things because of the kick backs they get. What they say is that you sign up your phone number and the company then gives you a number that you give to the loved one and the have that number placed on their call list. When they call it goes through your ConnectNetwork or provider and then rings to your phone. I know I could not find it through a google search but hears came up through the Bing search engine. So that was how I finally came up with it. I cannot see why if they are the same company why it would not be available to us but I have learned they never make it easy or inexpensive for us. It is always about the money. So if someone has heard about this I would appreciate any feedback that is out there. Thanks
Although this may be a legit service, it is not allowed. It probably would work for awhile, but you would eventually be caught. Discipline could include his phone privileges being taken away and you being removed from his phone list and possible visiting list. I wouldn't chance it and I'd strongly encourage my loved ones to follow the rules.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 05:57 PM

Well it is like the old saying if it sounds to go to be true it usually is. Thank you. You were very helpful so we can put this to bed so to speak. But at least his mom and I know and we don't make a terrible mistake. Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theOwl&Lioness For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-26-2017), nancyginnm (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOwl&Lioness View Post
Well it is like the old saying if it sounds to go to be true it usually is. Thank you. You were very helpful so we can put this to bed so to speak. But at least his mom and I know and we don't make a terrible mistake. Thank you.
Unfortunately you are correct. My husband has been in prison almost 20 years and if there was a way to get cheaper phone calls, we would know.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-26-2017)