Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:04 AM

Default What am I to expect from the people housed at Georgia Diagnostics?

I am on Georgia's first offender status. If I were to mess up and end up going to prison I want to know what I am to expect from the people housed at Jackson State Penitentiary. I heard they will try you and to not buy store there. I am the type of person that most people think I mean mug people but I am mistaken so I know I will get hassled by someone. How do you respond like if people gang up on you and want your belongings. I've heard to fight and I've heard it ain't worth it just give them what they want and don't buy store because you are severely outnumbered. Just random advice in case I were to have to go to this place. Appreciate it I like to be well informed on a scenario before it happens
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmb1983 View Post
I am on Georgia's first offender status. If I were to mess up and end up going to prison I want to know what I am to expect from the people housed at Jackson State Penitentiary. I heard they will try you and to not buy store there. I am the type of person that most people think I mean mug people but I am mistaken so I know I will get hassled by someone. How do you respond like if people gang up on you and want your belongings. I've heard to fight and I've heard it ain't worth it just give them what they want and don't buy store because you are severely outnumbered. Just random advice in case I were to have to go to this place. Appreciate it I like to be well informed on a scenario before it happens
My advice is to try everything you can to not mess up. Having 1st offender status is a blessing. Once you get sentenced to prison, your whole life is changed forever.

My son was at GA Diagnostic to be evaluated before they transferred him. He was there about 2 months. It was a zoo. When he would call, it sounded like a nut house. Loud noise & people interrupting every few minutes. He said he was locked up for the 1st few weeks by himself for most of the day. You'd think a diagnostic place would be more quiet & organized but it wasn't. You learn to keep to yourself & not fight.

There is a forum on here called "Heading to Prison". You'll find some excellent advice there that I hope you never have to use. Here's a link to a survival guide posted there- http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=392333

Please try to be a success- for yourself & others. The more people given the 1st Offender status that are successful, the more likely it is that others will see it as a successful alternative to locking someone up. If my son had been eligible for that status, we'd have been doing the happy dance. But his crime wasn't eligible even though it was a 1st offense.

Good luck & stay strong.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 05:07 PM

Thanked 2,348 Times in 819 Posts

I agree with GaReform. YOU need to keep your nose clean!! I don't know what your troubles are and hopefully they aren't drug related. You need to do all you can to head in a new direction! THE "QUALITY" OF YOUR LIFE AND YOUR FAMILY'S DEPENDS ON IT.
Take it from a mom who has watched her young kids get into trouble. Our middle son is a first time offender and he was slapped with a heavy mandatory 12 years for being a party to armed robbery. He had NEVER EVER been in trouble...it is still jaw dropping because it is so not who he is. He has paid a heavy price for being a follower and he now knows it. GOD BLESS HIM! He has served 9 years and has a little less than 3 years left to go. I COULD SCREAM!!! Our youngest son we lost 3 years ago to addiction. All I can tell you is you do not want to give up your life. You don't want to put your family and loved ones or yourself through this living hell. It's a lifetime of forever grief and having to overcome a world that does not easily forgive.
Leaving a post like you did sure makes me wonder.... I sure hope you haven't messed up already! I can tell you my son would have been the perfect candidate for first offender but it did not happen that way ....you are blessed ....your first offender is a generous gift from GOD.