Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2017, 08:45 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,358 Times in 5,176 Posts
Default Fall/Winter Joys, Concerns and Prayer Circle 2017

As I searched for an autumn image to open this thread, I came across everything leafy and orangey and yes, pumpkin spice-y. I also stumbled on more than a few “KEEP CALM” images alerting us that it’s going to be OK (fall, fireplaces and boot season) is coming!

Confession: I’m not a fan of pumpkin spice lattés or the overuse of the World War II ‘keep calm’ poster. Not going to hate on either one, but a little less of both would be all right with me. You might ask, then, why I went out of my way to design and use this graphic. I did it because it’s not going to hurt me to give a nod to things that make other people feel warm and full in a season of chill and harvest.

I am guilty of making opinions into rules and my speech into weaponry and that, more often than not, leaves me feeling empty when what I really desire is to feel full. Many of us have experienced that want, a hunger at the soul level.

No, a fancy cup of pumpkin spice won’t quell this pang, but it seems imperative that we acknowledge in this climate of change, that what satisfies one person and doesn’t take from another should not only be tolerated, but celebrated. Lift up our differences and in those acts of unification, maybe we’ll find something greater than tolerance—we can find an understanding of true sustenance and finally be full.

We are hungry for something
that feeds more than bodies

We are hungry for help
Help us oh you who apportion the funds
Find in your hearts the child who you were
who would share with a friend
free and friendly
Lead us not into meanness

For we are the hungry
We want the loaves
and the fishes
the water
and the wine
of sweet justice for all

excerpt from A Prayer Addressing All Hungers by D. Smith

As a reminder:
If you need a prayer/good thought/healing energy (whatever term your faith or tradition embraces), it is welcome here.

If you have a joy that you want to share, here's the spot.

This is for all denominations and traditions.
There will be no debating of whose truth is "right".
This won't be a good place for asking questions about the details of another's religious/spiritual practices, just a safe space for dropping your cares and counting your blessings.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2017, 10:13 PM

I could use some prayer for healing. I have been sick going on 3 weeks now. I think the recent stress of my husband’s prison stint has my immune system in the toilet. Apparently it began as a deep-rooted sinus infection that went undetected due to no fever. It wasn’t until my lungs and bronchials were infected that I was diagnosed. Many trips to Dr for shots and blood work, oral antibiotics, inhalers, breathing treatments at home (4/daily), nasal spray, chest X-ray, more blood work as white cell count wasn’t dropping, more antibiotics. Just stuck in this house for weeks. I feel depression is setting in so I am working hard to get back into my normal routine.

Both of my sons have recently lost their jobs....praying they find work quickly! Than you y’all!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDeeKay For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 08:32 AM

Default Please send positive thoughts my way!

So my boyfriend just called me since I hadn't heard from him in a few days and he was supposed to get out on the 29th but since they screwed up his home plan paperwork he didnt. Anyway, during our phone call he said that they're gonna try to get him on the list to see the judge this Tuesday, the 3rd (so he'd get out that day too) but he won't know until that day, otherwise he has to wait another week! I dont normally ask this but if you ladies could send some prayers or positive vibes my way i would so appreciate it. I'm praying SO HARD that he gets out this Tuesday. I've been super emotional this weekend over it and I'm ready for this to be over
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torieoo For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-30-2017), miamac (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torieoo View Post
So my boyfriend just called me since I hadn't heard from him in a few days and he was supposed to get out on the 29th but since they screwed up his home plan paperwork he didnt. Anyway, during our phone call he said that they're gonna try to get him on the list to see the judge this Tuesday, the 3rd (so he'd get out that day too) but he won't know until that day, otherwise he has to wait another week! I dont normally ask this but if you ladies could send some prayers or positive vibes my way i would so appreciate it. I'm praying SO HARD that he gets out this Tuesday. I've been super emotional this weekend over it and I'm ready for this to be over
Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. Maybe this was needed to show him something he still needed to learn and will help him on the long run. Sometimes things happen and the reasons don't make sense until much later.

Breathe and knowhow will be home soon. Let go of dates and times. Keep busy and trust what is supposed to be is going on. I know it is difficult, but maybe this will stop him from ever going back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-30-2017), torieoo (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. Maybe this was needed to show him something he still needed to learn and will help him on the long run. Sometimes things happen and the reasons don't make sense until much later.

Breathe and knowhow will be home soon. Let go of dates and times. Keep busy and trust what is supposed to be is going on. I know it is difficult, but maybe this will stop him from ever going back.
Thank you! You're right. I get so consumed with "oh my god another week thats so long" instead of just not thinking about it. I hope this does help him learn something and stop him from going back because I dont want to go through this anymore and he says he doesn't either so we will see. I have school work I need to throw myself into and I actually have an exam the Tuesday he could possibly get out, so in a way it was a blessing he didnt get out this weekend because I missed an entire chapter and wouldn't have gotten any studying done. I mean dont get me wrong I'd have loved for him to be home right now but like you said everything happens for a reason
The Following User Says Thank You to torieoo For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Thank you! You're right. I get so consumed with "oh my god another week thats so long" instead of just not thinking about it. I hope this does help him learn something and stop him from going back because I dont want to go through this anymore and he says he doesn't either so we will see. I have school work I need to throw myself into and I actually have an exam the Tuesday he could possibly get out, so in a way it was a blessing he didnt get out this weekend because I missed an entire chapter and wouldn't have gotten any studying done. I mean dont get me wrong I'd have loved for him to be home right now but like you said everything happens for a reason
Maybe he had a lingering feeling of yeah this was easy and quick, then got slapped in the face. This may have reminded him this life he has no control over and if he doesn't like he needs to change.

I don't blame you getting stuck. We all do! We want what we want and we want it now. Unfortunately, it never works that way.

Sometimes when we step away from the emotions of the situation and look at the big picture it helps a lot. 7 more days verses years free is nothing.

Study and finish what you started. This way you celebrate you score and his coming home.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Maybe he had a lingering feeling of yeah this was easy and quick, then got slapped in the face. This may have reminded him this life he has no control over and if he doesn't like he needs to change.

I don't blame you getting stuck. We all do! We want what we want and we want it now. Unfortunately, it never works that way.

Sometimes when we step away from the emotions of the situation and look at the big picture it helps a lot. 7 more days verses years free is nothing.

Study and finish what you started. This way you celebrate you score and his coming home.
Exactly, we can't control it as much as i wish I could, I'm a very impatient person and I've found myself saying "ugh why me, why can't we catch a break" and then I have to snap myself out of it and remind myself that it is only 7 more days compared to the years free we'd have together. I know he'd say the same thing you did about my school work, he's always been a supporter for me to do my best and he would probably say its a good thing he didnt get out so i could study. Thank you, I've been feeling like a mess over it and you've helped me see the bigger picture and remember it'll be over soon
miamac (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 08:57 AM

My guy put in a medical stay at county so he could be close for my birthday. Guess what he was moved anyway. He was freaked out and wanted to be close so we could spend time together. Didn't work how he planned.

He was moved and I was able to spend 6 hrs with him the weekend before and it was amazing. Sometimes we want sonething, but the outcome is much better! I remind him of that all the time.

Now he is afraid to be moved because it could be 8 hrs away. I told him I thought about it and asked God, the universe, etc to place him where he will get him a program faster because he would be home faster. Extra months of visits because he is close or home 10 months earlier because the program required is done. This makes home eligible sooner for other programs.

Big picture is the best way to approach this. What are you learning, what is he learning, and what will bring you guys the most ease and grace. You got this!
miamac (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
My guy put in a medical stay at county so he could be close for my birthday. Guess what he was moved anyway. He was freaked out and wanted to be close so we could spend time together. Didn't work how he planned.

He was moved and I was able to spend 6 hrs with him the weekend before and it was amazing. Sometimes we want sonething, but the outcome is much better! I remind him of that all the time.

Now he is afraid to be moved because it could be 8 hrs away. I told him I thought about it and asked God, the universe, etc to place him where he will get him a program faster because he would be home faster. Extra months of visits because he is close or home 10 months earlier because the program required is done. This makes home eligible sooner for other programs.

Big picture is the best way to approach this. What are you learning, what is he learning, and what will bring you guys the most ease and grace. You got this!
Ugh that does suck but you're right and I can't thank you enough for your advice! I truly appreciate it more than you know. Thank you!
miamac (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Ugh that does suck but you're right and I can't thank you enough for your advice! I truly appreciate it more than you know. Thank you!
We all need each other! In a few weeks, if not sooner, he move again and I'll have a mini freak out. Even knowing it is coming, it still happens. I'm not sure how I would feel in your shoes. It is easy to give advice when not in a situation because perception is different.

I just remind myself to remember things I say and take my own advice if something similar happens.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 11:04 AM

You are doing great! Don't underestimate yourself. Good vibes and prayers for you both are being sent.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprits View Post
You are doing great! Don't underestimate yourself. Good vibes and prayers for you both are being sent.
Thank you so much i truly appreciate it!
miamac (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 04:23 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,358 Times in 5,176 Posts

Had to cancel a visit today because of intense back pain following a procedure. Felt bad about cancelling, felt bad because of pain and have felt increasingly concerned that something went amuck when they did it because it shouldn't feel like this.

I have fallen into panic mode the last few days. My faith isn't strong right now and I know it. I feel angry and overwhelmed. But my husband called today and dropped one rule on me (his smart@ss told me he'd tell me the other 12 next time he calls...lol): don't panic.

Sounds easy, right? Don't panic. But right now that seems to be all I'm capable of. But that's our God working through him, using him to remind me that He's got this. No lie, I'm still all worked up. But I'm trying. I'm trying to hear those words and take an extra deep breath.

Anyone wanna breathe with me?
Old 09-30-2017, 04:56 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,658 Times in 1,564 Posts

I think, in praying and finding peace, sometimes we miss the brilliance of what is in our backyards. This urban reservoir is 3 miles from my house and surrounded by about 18 miles of hiking trails (including a 10 mile park loop. The park gets good traffic but isn’t too busy. A great spot for peace, positivity, reflection, meditation, prayer. Whatever your preference might be. Thought I’d share a picture.

The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas

Last edited by miamac; 10-01-2017 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: photo resize per request
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-30-2017), onedayatatime13 (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Had to cancel a visit today because of intense back pain following a procedure. Felt bad about cancelling, felt bad because of pain and have felt increasingly concerned that something went amuck when they did it because it shouldn't feel like this.

I have fallen into panic mode the last few days. My faith isn't strong right now and I know it. I feel angry and overwhelmed. But my husband called today and dropped one rule on me (his smart@ss told me he'd tell me the other 12 next time he calls...lol): don't panic.

Sounds easy, right? Don't panic. But right now that seems to be all I'm capable of. But that's our God working through him, using him to remind me that He's got this. No lie, I'm still all worked up. But I'm trying. I'm trying to hear those words and take an extra deep breath.

Anyone wanna breathe with me?
Sending you good thoughts, prayers and healing energy. Namaste my friend
miamac (09-30-2017)