Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arkansas that do not fit into any other Arkansas subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-19-2018, 09:13 AM
Here4mylove Here4mylove is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Arkansas USA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 35
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Need help understanding the class levels in Arkansas

My husband says his a class 3 right now, I believe and will be a class 2 when he gets there.... Now I have read a little on this but don't truly understand it. He's in Arkansas crawford county jail right now, waiting to go down. Now his offenses are non-violent... I understand that counts for as the amount of time he'll do.... I thought it was 29 days on a year but apparently it's 42 days on a year but depending on your class, as I have read, you get so many days off the month for each class & for good time.... So like a class 2 is 10 or 20 days I can't remember. ... It is so confusing! He has an 8 year sentence, so I am trying to find out about the time he will be home....
I am just not getting what I am reading, its like too much info at one time, idk
I want him home!
Thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-19-2018, 09:30 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,518
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,916 Times in 1,785 Posts
Default

You should post this in the Arkansas forum. You will probably get more answers there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-19-2018, 09:35 AM
AndyS's Avatar
AndyS AndyS is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas US
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 1,744
Thanked 2,753 Times in 957 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4mylove View Post
My husband says his a class 3 right now, I believe and will be a class 2 when he gets there.... Now I have read a little on this but don't truly understand it. He's in Arkansas crawford county jail right now, waiting to go down. Now his offenses are non-violent... I understand that counts for as the amount of time he'll do.... I thought it was 29 days on a year but apparently it's 42 days on a year but depending on your class, as I have read, you get so many days off the month for each class & for good time.... So like a class 2 is 10 or 20 days I can't remember. ... It is so confusing! He has an 8 year sentence, so I am trying to find out about the time he will be home....
I am just not getting what I am reading, its like too much info at one time, idk
I want him home!
Thanks
I read your other post. Could it be you are confusing the days as the days he will serve vs. the days off of his sentence? Meaning it isn’t that he will serve 42 days for each year but he will get 42 days credit for that year? As someone pointed out it isn’t likely he’ll be home in 8 months on an 8 year sentence.
__________________
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own”
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-19-2018)
  #4  
Old 01-19-2018, 09:42 AM
Here4mylove Here4mylove is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Arkansas USA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 35
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
I read your other post. Could it be you are confusing the days as the days he will serve vs. the days off of his sentence? Meaning it isn’t that he will serve 42 days for each year but he will get 42 days credit for that year? As someone pointed out it isn’t likely he’ll be home in 8 months on an 8 year sentence.
He has done time before and did 6 months on a 6 year sentence so I am assuming that is correct
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-19-2018, 09:49 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,518
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,916 Times in 1,785 Posts
Default

Wow that would be awesome. Well I hope someone will be able to help you figure it out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-19-2018, 11:36 AM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 2,635
Thanks: 13,487
Thanked 3,383 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default

OP - I moved your thread here in the Arkansas forums
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
Here4mylove (01-19-2018), patchouli (01-19-2018)
  #7  
Old 01-19-2018, 04:27 PM
AR PCS's Avatar
AR PCS AR PCS is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 90
Thanks: 145
Thanked 95 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Without knowing how his sentence is entered (statutes of conviction/consecutive vs. concurrent, etc) here is some general information. Act 876 of 1997 - Class III = 10 days good time per month, Class II = 20, Class I = 30.

Act 626 as amended of 1997 inmates awaiting transfer in a county jail to ADC after sentencing will receive good time at a class II status.

Depending on the level of the offense and how they are sentenced, Act 534 of 1994: Offense levels 1-6 serve 1/3 of sentence less good time; Offense levels 7-10 serve 1/2 of sentence less good time. Then there are all kinds of other sentencing laws for specific crimes of conviction which alter parole/transfer eligibility date.

When he arrives at ADC within a couple of weeks he will receive a time card with all the sentence calculations on it. He still has to be granted parole and even if he is a mandatory transfer classification, the Board can still defer parole until completion of mandated treatment/education programs.

Act 748 of 2011 allows for a maximum possible reduction of 360 days from time incarcerated for GED, Vo-Tech, SATP/TC or Pre-Release programs completion.

If he earns maximum good time and is awaiting transfer or otherwise at Class II for 5 months and then is at Class III, I calculate it to be 22 months before he is transfer eligible for parole.

Then the Emergency Powers Act (Act 418 of 1987) for early release of up to 90 days may be a factor. Normally happens twice per year. It has happened for the last 20 years.

I know its confusing. Hope this helps.

Here's a link that helps explain it: https://apps.ark.org/inmate_info/time_explanation.html

Assuming he is at Class II for 5 month (awaiting transfer/pending Class III) and then earns at Class I for remainder of sentence, I calculate him to be transfer eligible in 22 months (approximate). I'm not an expert at AR sentence calculations, but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express

Last edited by AR PCS; 01-19-2018 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: Update
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AR PCS For This Useful Post:
Here4mylove (01-19-2018), Sarianna (01-20-2018)
  #8  
Old 01-20-2018, 11:01 AM
AR PCS's Avatar
AR PCS AR PCS is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 90
Thanks: 145
Thanked 95 Times in 51 Posts
Default

It should be Class I not III on the sentence where I attempt to calculate the good time based on what little I know about his sentencing.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AR PCS For This Useful Post:
Here4mylove (01-20-2018)
  #9  
Old 01-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Here4mylove Here4mylove is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Arkansas USA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 35
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR PCS View Post
It should be Class I not III on the sentence where I attempt to calculate the good time based on what little I know about his sentencing.
He has back child support that the state picked up, $400 withdrawal from a credit card and a class D drug charge
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-20-2018, 01:20 PM
AR PCS's Avatar
AR PCS AR PCS is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 90
Thanks: 145
Thanked 95 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Do you have his actual Sentencing Order? It will give the statute numbers and subsections for his convictions. It may be available on Court Connect. The credit card could have been charged under several different statutes and the child support will be based upon the amount as to which subsection applies. You can PM me the information if you like, but statute numbers of convictions will help in the calculations.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AR PCS For This Useful Post:
Here4mylove (01-20-2018), Sarianna (01-21-2018)
  #11  
Old 01-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Here4mylove Here4mylove is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Arkansas USA
Posts: 21
Thanks: 35
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR PCS View Post
Do you have his actual Sentencing Order? It will give the statute numbers and subsections for his convictions. It may be available on Court Connect. The credit card could have been charged under several different statutes and the child support will be based upon the amount as to which subsection applies. You can PM me the information if you like, but statute numbers of convictions will help in the calculations.
I will see if I can it them
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-08-2018, 11:45 PM
LaDeanaB LaDeanaB is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Arkansas USA
Posts: 11
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4mylove View Post
He has done time before and did 6 months on a 6 year sentence so I am assuming that is correct
Unless he was charged as an habitual offender. Then hed be required to complete more of his sentence. At least for my son he did.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
class levels, confused, home, time

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Class C Burglary, Class D Possession & Class A Misdemeanor Krae Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 0 12-12-2015 11:38 PM
Levels, class lines... TDCJ Sunflow Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 4 11-12-2012 03:34 PM
question for a friend, can someone with class b felony stay in a class d facility? one_lost_soul Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 5 05-08-2009 03:00 PM
Need Info on Grid Sheets, Work Levels and Prison Levels veryhurtmom Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 12 05-31-2007 05:13 PM
line class and security levels Silva Texas General Prison Talk 8 08-30-2005 09:04 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:47 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics