Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > West Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

West Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of West Virginia.

Old 03-01-2005, 06:04 PM

Default My husbands in HCC

Hi all. So finally glad I found a place that I can talk to ppl about things. My husband was convicted of Grand Larceny and sentenced 1 to 10 years in HCC. He was moved there January 21st of this year. His 1st year will be up June 16th and he will go up for parole. He was classified a 2 and is doing his AA NA classes even though the Judge had ordered them they weren't on his transfer papers. A lot of ppl told him that no one gets out the first time? Is this true? His counselor told him he had a very good chance as long as he did everything right and proper. And it is his first felony (he did have a misdemeanor b4 this and was on probation) but the Judge did not violate him. And all his senteces would run concurrently. Can someone help me find out the truth about not getting out the first time? And if anyone thinks he does? Thanks so much I greatly appreciate this.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2005, 06:45 PM

Welcome to PTO and the WV Forum...

My Sweetie's cousin is at HCC...in 5 years he will be up for his 1st parole. I don't know about state parole, as my Sweetie is in federal...I just wanted to say WELCOME--you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re:My Husbands in HCC

Hi,Its patybear.What is HCC? Just curious.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Donation Award 

HCC is Huttonsville Correctional Center.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Donation Award 

NikkiM213

It's so very hard to second guess the WV Parole Board!! Please do not take this negatively, but the best advise I can give you is to hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. Historically, in the majority of cases the board does not grant parole the first time up, especially when charges/counts are run concurrently. It's great that he is programming even though it wasn't on his transfer papers. The board will look closely at what he has done with his time while he has been locked up, and whether or not he has stayed write-up free. They will also be looking for a solid home plan, so try to get that together ASAP. In addition to where he will be living, they will also want to see a strong support base. If its possible he should pursue job leads and educational opportunities now before his release, and include any any offers or acceptances of that along with his home plan. For someone with a drug or alcohol history entering a rehab program, along with continuing NA and AA programming, upon parole always looks good in a home plan. The board is NOT interested in hearing excuses, so tell your husband to be prepared to admit that he accepts full reponsibility for committing his crime, and the he placed it above every body and every thing else in his life.

Going before the board is a very humiliating and humbling experience. Another thing is, they pretty much have their minds made up before they even see the inmate. Don't let anyone tell you any differently. I was serving a 3-30 year sentence for a white collar crime the first time I saw the board and they gave me a year flat before I was eligible to see them again. The second time I saw them I was fortunate enough to parole. I know what it's like and can appreciate your anxiety.

Stay strong and do everything you can to be prepared. Good luck!

Last edited by guysgal; 03-01-2005 at 07:54 PM..
Old 03-01-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. It hopefully will help a lot. His old boss told him that he would re-hire him as soon as he walks out of those gates. Our kids talk to him every night just to tell him they love him (we have 3). I know it hurts him to not be able to see them as much as he did when in county, but they let them know that they miss him and love him dearly. Sometimes I wonder how y'all do it....
Old 03-02-2005, 07:34 AM
Banned

My fiance' is at St Marys on a 1-15. The first time he saw the board, he was still at the regional jail. He saw them again this past Jan. and even though he had aletter stating he had full time employment. had completed all of his classes, plus a few extra, had a 2 classisification and had stayed write up free, he too was given a flat. The board actually commended him on his job evauluation and classes. However, they told him that there is nothing he could do to better himself. They had their mind made up before he even went in. Be prepared for anything.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:12 PM

Ok i just found out today that they have moved my husband to Denmar... is that a good place?
Old 03-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Donation Award 

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56045

Last edited by guysgal; 03-02-2005 at 09:08 PM..
Old 03-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Donation Award 

Denmar isn't a bad place; its in Pocahontas County, which is a little remote, but traveling there is okay. I listed an info link in the post above this one.

Last edited by guysgal; 03-02-2005 at 09:10 PM..
Old 03-07-2005, 08:47 PM

Default getting out first parole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiM213
Hi all. So finally glad I found a place that I can talk to ppl about things. My husband was convicted of Grand Larceny and sentenced 1 to 10 years in HCC. He was moved there January 21st of this year. His 1st year will be up June 16th and he will go up for parole. He was classified a 2 and is doing his AA NA classes even though the Judge had ordered them they weren't on his transfer papers. A lot of ppl told him that no one gets out the first time? Is this true? His counselor told him he had a very good chance as long as he did everything right and proper. And it is his first felony (he did have a misdemeanor b4 this and was on probation) but the Judge did not violate him. And all his senteces would run concurrently. Can someone help me find out the truth about not getting out the first time? And if anyone thinks he does? Thanks so much I greatly appreciate this.
Well, my husband recieved 2 sentences for B&E so recieved 2-30. he was in huttonsville when he saw the board the first time. yes, i hear that most do not recieve parole the first go around. but keep your head up cause my husband did. just wanted to give u some hope. gl
Old 03-10-2005, 08:25 AM

Hi Y'all. My husband talked to his counselor yesterday and he told my hubby that they will be moving him to Pruntytown within the month. He was also informed that they are trying to get him out the first go around. They said they want him out asap. I hope so. He heard that when you go to Pruntytown and get outside work release you are allowed to go home every other weekend... is this true?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Donation Award 

Huntington Work Release Link
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56064

Charleston Work Release Link
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56060

Last edited by guysgal; 03-10-2005 at 07:33 PM..
Old 03-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Donation Award 

Yes, once you get to work release you start out with 2 hour passes each week and work your way up to 48 hour weekend passes. I personally know people who went home every weekend. However, work release is not at Pruntytown. The work release centers are located in Huntington and Charleston.

Good Luck!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:45 AM

What does that mean? Right now while he is in Denmar he has put in for nightime janitor. Does that mean we will have to go to either Huntington or Charleston just for him to come home?
Old 03-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Donation Award 

I have listed the links to the two work release centers where furloughs are given to the inmates in the third posting before this one. Not every one is eligible for work release (it all depends on the inmates classification/crime/behavior, etc.), however, a lot of people who go to Pruntytown do go to work release. No, you do not have to go to work release in order to parole. I do know that Pruntytown does have road crews who actually work outside the prison grounds,and perhaps that is what you are referring to instead of the actual work release facilities in Huntington and Charleston. However, I am almost 100% positive that you do NOT receive passes and weekend furloughs from Pruntytown.

Last edited by guysgal; 03-10-2005 at 07:44 PM..
Old 10-18-2005, 07:58 AM

My husband is at HCC Too