Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes Do you have news relating to California's Prison or Ciminal Justice System and related efforts? Post them here! Also discuss 3 Strike laws.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:21 PM

Anxiously waiting for the first of the year for 1308 to go into effect. Super excited to see that 2030 date go away and a new possible parole date appear, even if it is just "tentative" lol

I know this is a dumb question, but anyone know how long it could possible take for them to update the website to show his possible consultation/hearing month and year? We are brand new to the parole board aspect of prison as 1308 knocked us into parole board planning instead of just waiting for his release date so we are just super excited right now lol
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue310 View Post
Anxiously waiting for the first of the year for 1308 to go into effect. Super excited to see that 2030 date go away and a new possible parole date appear, even if it is just "tentative" lol

I know this is a dumb question, but anyone know how long it could possible take for them to update the website to show his possible consultation/hearing month and year? We are brand new to the parole board aspect of prison as 1308 knocked us into parole board planning instead of just waiting for his release date so we are just super excited right now lol
Hi, my husband's date changed already and he was also notified by his counselor.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpyacymmzy View Post
Hi, my husband's date changed already and he was also notified by his counselor.

Wow! Really from AB1308?? We were thinking his parole eligible date hasnít changed because technically the law doesnít go into effect until January 1st.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Wow! Really from AB1308?? We were thinking his parole eligible date hasnít changed because technically the law doesnít go into effect until January 1st.
Yup. I brought up the bill a few times in the past so that he was aware. Sometime last week he called and said that his counselor gave him the new date that he would go in front of the parole board. I went and checked on the CDCR website and it was posted on there.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 15,351 Times in 5,798 Posts

Quote:
Yup. I brought up the bill a few times in the past so that he was aware. Sometime last week he called and said that his counselor gave him the new date that he would go in front of the parole board. I went and checked on the CDCR website and it was posted on there.
They should have a consultation before their hearing date. Did that post as well?
Old 12-27-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
They should have a consultation before their hearing date. Did that post as well?
Yes, I believe so. Parole Eligible Date is set for 2038. Consultation is set for 2033 and the status says "Tentative date for consultation with inmate".
The Following User Says Thank You to mxpyacymmzy For This Useful Post:
miamac (12-27-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 04:43 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 15,351 Times in 5,798 Posts

Quote:
Yes, I believe so. Parole Eligible Date is set for 2038. Consultation is set for 2033 and the status says "Tentative date for consultation with inmate".
Awesome. No one had access to the locator information that posts now when SB 260/261 were passed so we're not sure how the timeline looks for appearance. But it sounds as though they are getting the ball rolling. Excellent news.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Awesome. No one had access to the locator information that posts now when SB 260/261 were passed so we're not sure how the timeline looks for appearance. But it sounds as though they are getting the ball rolling. Excellent news.
I get excited just seeing those numbers change. He'll be able to go in front of the parole board 25 years sooner than we originally thought! I'm hoping the information/timeline that CDCR posts is accurate.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:56 PM

Oh wow. That's interesting. I'll have him talk to his counselor after the first. I know some people were confusing the new dates with Prop 57 adjustments. Hopefully we get our new date soon And congrats!
Old 12-27-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Oh wow. That's interesting. I'll have him talk to his counselor after the first. I know some people were confusing the new dates with Prop 57 adjustments. Hopefully we get our new date soon And congrats!
I don't think my husband is eligible for Prop 57 as he is a VO. Also on CDCR, it stated that the date shown is the first date he is eligible for a parole suitability hearing as a youth offender because he committed his controlling offense while under the age of 26. Thanks! I hope you guys get your date soon!
Old 12-27-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I don't think my husband is eligible for Prop 57 as he is a VO. Also on CDCR, it stated that the date shown is the first date he is eligible for a parole suitability hearing as a youth offender because he committed his controlling offense while under the age of 26. Thanks! I hope you guys get your date soon!
My husband is also a violent offender and they actually are eligible for certain parts of Prop 57 (milestone/education credits etc). They just aren't eligible for early release. But since he is a YO the milestones don't do much for him anymore. Youth offenders are excluded from earning credit towards their earliest possible parole date.
Sounds like our husbands are in the same boat, mine committed his controlling offense at 23 so he just recently became considered a youth offender with the passing of AB1308 =)

Last edited by trueblue310; 12-27-2017 at 05:43 PM..
Old 12-27-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
My husband is also a violent offender and they actually are eligible for certain parts of Prop 57 (milestone/education credits etc). They just aren't eligible for early release. But since he is a YO the milestones don't do much for him anymore. Youth offenders are excluded from earning credit towards their earliest possible parole date.
Sounds like are husbands are in the same boat, mine committed his controlling offense at 23 so he just recently became considered a youth offender with the passing of AB1308 =)
Huh... I must've missed the part about the milestones/credits... or completely forgot about them.

Looks like we are on the same boat. Lol. My husband committed his offense at 25 so he fell just right under the youth offender category. Thank goodness.