Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Chuckawalla Valley State Prison located west of Blythe, California on I-10.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 06:45 PM

Thanks Jay-ya issues is putting it mildly . And if he don't get it together, it won't be home he goes to in 7 weeks. God is definately doing some things, but, as usual, growth can and does hurt. Thanks for the support
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord...Plans to give you hope and a future."
HE'S HOME...Trusting that God will direct my path
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2006, 06:49 PM
At Last!

Anytime...I hope all works out for the best.

I love you baby! You and I til the End of our time....

Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
Old 11-16-2006, 11:24 PM

Default Chuckawalla Illness

Hello everyone,
this is my first time on this site. Talk to my man today he said still a no go on the visit for this weekend so far.I did speak to an officer on Tuesday says they have to wait for medical to release hold and some of the guys were having flu like systems. My man is hearing rumors also that may not be lifted until the 27th whew. He's in B, and same thing food, I don't know. He says each yard goes outside for an hour at a time,not together. I wanna see him sooooo bad
Old 11-17-2006, 12:18 PM
At Last!

Gees I wonder what they are being fed in there now.....welcome to PTO lovelyone so if the rumors are true that means we won't be seeing them until Dec. 2nd....

Old 11-18-2006, 02:08 PM

There's going to be a lonnnnnnnng line down there. I ususally leave around 4 am to get there by 6, guess I'll have to be leaving earlier than that . Well whenever we get to go back, everyone have a safe drive and a wonderful visit.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:29 AM

hi my husband is in chuckawalla also he is due to be paroled on the 4th of dec he will be home soon need a friend here to get me through these next few days can anyone help i just found this sight like two weeks ago still not sure how to use it ...mamahager
Old 11-20-2006, 11:01 AM
At Last!

Hi and welcome to PTO!! you will find all the support you need here on PTO....Dec. 4th? you are so lucky, I still got a few months to go and I've been doing fine so you have nothing to worry about he'll be home in no time

Has anyone heard anything on Chuckawalla???

Old 11-20-2006, 09:23 PM

Default chuckawalla

Hello...Dec 4th wow that sounds good. My boo went to the board on Nov 1 and they shut us down for 2 more years,but it's all good.We're gonna ride it . Has anyone heard if the visits are still off?
Old 11-20-2006, 09:52 PM

Has anyone heard anything new on medical issues????My man is in D yard at Chuckie's house. He is not eating the food. Sent him some money. How long do packages take to arrive??

Roni
Old 11-21-2006, 01:07 PM
At Last!

Visits remain cancelled for Thanksgiving Day.....I still don't know about the weekend but most likely they will still be cancelled I'll be calling to check about the weekend though....Happy Thanksgiving to all!! Packages usually take about a week to two weeks to get there.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Loving My Lifer

Oh no, that's crazy--sorry to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1
Visits remain cancelled for Thanksgiving Day.....I still don't know about the weekend but most likely they will still be cancelled I'll be calling to check about the weekend though....Happy Thanksgiving to all!! Packages usually take about a week to two weeks to get there.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
At Last!

Me too

Old 11-21-2006, 01:49 PM
At Last!

It is crazy I just hope they are able to have visits soon or I'm gonna sneak up in there lol....hehe I wish

Last edited by Jay1; 11-21-2006 at 01:51 PM..
Old 11-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Loving My Lifer

That's right and throw rocks at his window hehe. Just curious has anybody contacted the warden, obudsman, or anybody to find out what's really going on?

Quote:
It is crazy I just hope they are able to have visits soon or I'm gonna sneak up in there lol....hehe I wish
Old 11-25-2006, 01:03 AM
Head over heals

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynards4ever
That's right and throw rocks at his window hehe. Just curious has anybody contacted the warden, obudsman, or anybody to find out what's really going on?
I havent yet. im worried though, my man has been sick the last 2 days and he said they were pulling people out and putting them on medical quarantine. he missed his call to me tonight, he NEVER misses a call, so im worried he may have been pulled out of mainline. i may be overreacting, but this whole thing scares me. if i dont hear from him, i willl be contacting someone asap. i dont think i can call til monday though. has anyone heard anything else???

He's finally Home! 18 months and counting.....
Old 11-26-2006, 03:42 PM

Hi All
I'm new here to PTO. My husband is at CVSP (has been down 2 years with 3 to go). This "sickness" infuriates me. My husband had it pretty bad too.
I hope this gets resolved soon. I think this is just pure neglect on the part of the prison (unsanitary food conditions) and our poor husbands and family members have to pay the price. I hope all of your guys are feeling better; mine is, but our visit we have scheduled in Dec may be in jeopardy if they keep up this quarantine.
If anyone has more information on this I would appriciate ANY I can get. I haven't received our regularly scheduled call from my husband which worries me...
Thanks.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:19 PM

Default My husband Parole's on Dec 2nd

I've been going through it myself , I just can't wait for hime to get home. But nerves at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahager
hi my husband is in chuckawalla also he is due to be paroled on the 4th of dec he will be home soon need a friend here to get me through these next few days can anyone help i just found this sight like two weeks ago still not sure how to use it ...mamahager
Old 11-26-2006, 08:31 PM

Hi ladies ~

My man recently moved from Chuckawalla, & I thought I'd check in & see how things are going. Wow! What a mess....I'm so sorry you & your loved one's are going through this. It's scary!

I don't have any info on your situation specifically, but I know last month they had a medical quarantine for a bad case of the flu @ Solano in Vacaville. My understanding is that they added 5 days of quarantine for every day that @ least 2 more men got sick.

I hope your loved one's are safe...
Old 11-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Head over heals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-9-09
Hi All
I'm new here to PTO. My husband is at CVSP (has been down 2 years with 3 to go). This "sickness" infuriates me. My husband had it pretty bad too.
I hope this gets resolved soon. I think this is just pure neglect on the part of the prison (unsanitary food conditions) and our poor husbands and family members have to pay the price. I hope all of your guys are feeling better; mine is, but our visit we have scheduled in Dec may be in jeopardy if they keep up this quarantine.
If anyone has more information on this I would appriciate ANY I can get. I haven't received our regularly scheduled call from my husband which worries me...
Thanks.
well, i just talked to my husband and he was told by the doctor he officially has "the bug" as they are calling it, but the wont give him any speciifcs about what it is exactly. he is running a temp of 102. im so angry. tomorrow im calling the prison and the ombudsman to figure out whats up. one of the cos told my husband they may have visits cancelled up through december. they also said it was because of the food. they advised him not to eat!!! i dont know what they expect him to do.

my question is, now that your man is feeling better, how long was he sick for? mines been sick about 4 days now.
as far as the call, my husband missed a scheduled call too this week, they had a fight on his yard and they locked them down all day and night. but things are back to normal now.

ill fill you all in with what i find out tomorrow. my husband also mentioned that they released a memo or something which is supposed to be posted on the internet about the situation. i dont know where to look for it, but im going to try to track it down.

He's finally Home! 18 months and counting.....
Old 11-27-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Thanks!

I am SO mad right now!! I am calling the Center for Disease Control this morning and letting rip all of my frustrations about this. I'll call the Lead Ombudsman too (good call on that!). My husband was "physically ill" for about 2-3 days but has had lingering symptoms (intense chills and extreme dizziness) for about 3 weeks now, says he "still isn't even close to feeling right". I am worried for him but also because for our visit in Dec I am bringing our 2 &1/2 yr old daughter with us (as I always do). And I don't want to even remotely risk HER getting this thing too. It scares me. Thanks so much for the update. Hopefully that is why he didn't call (lockdown). Please, any more information you come up with would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for your input!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:45 AM

my man is on f yard... is anyones husband/boyfriend/family on that yard? or have they gotten sick. he cant call yet, i still have to get the phone unblocked. im going crazy not being able to talk to him or see him.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timo'sgirl
my man is on f yard... is anyones husband/boyfriend/family on that yard? or have they gotten sick. he cant call yet, i still have to get the phone unblocked. im going crazy not being able to talk to him or see him.
My husband is on F yard...he says tthere have been a couple of guys sick but not like the other yards. F yard is away from the other yards and has a differnt food supply I think so that may be why they have not been hit as hard. They are still on modified status...
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord...Plans to give you hope and a future."
Old 11-29-2006, 01:54 PM
At Last!

OMG!!! Visits are back up ahhhh!! I'm so happy! Just thought I'd let everyone know....

Old 11-29-2006, 02:35 PM

Quote:
OMG!!! Visits are back up ahhhh!! I'm so happy! Just thought I'd let everyone know....
WOW...this must have just been decided on...I called the visiting line at 8 this morning and it was monday's recording that visits were cancelled until further notice...this is GREAT news!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:12 AM

well i am glad to hear visits are back on. so hopefully all the guys are getting better thanks for the info. i hate not being able to comunicate with my man. hopefully ill get to see him this weekend!
Closed Thread