Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Folsom State Prison, located in Represa, California.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Donation Award 

Default **January 2009 FSP Chat Lounge**

Welcome to the January 2009 edition of FSP chat!

Here’s wishing you all a wonderful New Year!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:05 PM

Hey everyone, my husband just got transferred to Folsom one week ago, but i'm unsure of when I'm gonna hear from him. He was at Mule Creek for the past year but got transferred because he was in a riot and they charged him with something I forgot the name. Anyways, hopefully he will get his time back cuz they gave him some form to fill out to restore his credits. Its his only incident since he has been in there. He was a level 1, and now he is a level 2! Plus he is supposed to come home within a few months!

Anyways, just wanted to state my story... but God Bless everyone and have a Blessed New Year!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Donation Award 

thank you for starting our chat

csusarrah welcome to FSP
csusarrah (01-03-2009)
Old 01-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Missing My Baby
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csusarrah View Post
Hey everyone, my husband just got transferred to Folsom one week ago, but i'm unsure of when I'm gonna hear from him. He was at Mule Creek for the past year but got transferred because he was in a riot and they charged him with something I forgot the name. Anyways, hopefully he will get his time back cuz they gave him some form to fill out to restore his credits. Its his only incident since he has been in there. He was a level 1, and now he is a level 2! Plus he is supposed to come home within a few months!

Anyways, just wanted to state my story... but God Bless everyone and have a Blessed New Year!
Welcome to Old Folsom!! Hopefully you will hear from you sweetie soon. I think they usually hit mainline within 2 weeks. Keep in mind that when you do visit Old Folsom, contact visits are from 7am to 2pm (First set of numbers are given out at 6:30am) Saturday and Sundays. If he starts working, he can apply for Friday visits and you will be able to visit him on Fridays from 11:30am to 6:30pm. If you have any questions about visiting, feel free to ask.

The Following User Says Thank You to "Z's"-Wifey For This Useful Post:
csusarrah (01-03-2009)
Old 01-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Missing My Baby
Donation Award 

Hey Old Folsom Ladies!! Hope you all had a wonderful New Year!! I sure did, got to spend it with Z!!

Just so you ladies know, they have switched over to digital now as far as us taking pictures during our visits. It is on a first come basis. As soon as you enter the visiting room, turn to your left and walk to the back and you will see the guys taking pictures there. Ask them to put you down on the list (inmates last name) and the CO on duty, will call your name out when it is your turn. You must be on the list to get pictures taken. The pictures are much more nicer too.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Missing My Baby
Donation Award 

Where is all my Old Folsom ladies at????

Welcome to Old Folsom Motherbear820! Hope everyone gets their visits soon.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Missing My Baby
Donation Award 

csusarrah:

Congrats on your home coming soon!!! (You lucky girl!!)

The family visits are being booked into March right now. You might be able to get one visit in right before you take him home..LOL What a way to say bye to folsom..LOL

Let me know when you get approved. I have mine next weekend, so I will give you all the 411. (what to take/check in process) Good Luck girl!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:54 PM

I am a new Old Folsom lady! My hubby has been down for over 2 years and should be home in June, although he won't tell me cuz he says its bad luck. I think he just wants to pop up on me for some strange reason!

Also, Folsom seems really nice. I know our first stop out gotta be the outlets! I didn't get to go this last time, but when my taxes come back I will surely be up there with my debit card close to me.. LOL Anyways, hopefully everyone has a great day and I will see some of y'all up there
Old 01-13-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Z's"-Wifey View Post
csusarrah:

Congrats on your home coming soon!!! (You lucky girl!!)

The family visits are being booked into March right now. You might be able to get one visit in right before you take him home..LOL What a way to say bye to folsom..LOL

Let me know when you get approved. I have mine next weekend, so I will give you all the 411. (what to take/check in process) Good Luck girl!

Wow congrats on ur family visit... they are the business! Seriously.... with everything me and the hubby been through during these past few years, i don't know how strong our relationship would be without the closeness of a family visit! We were trying to get pregnant too... but not yet! Still trying!!! Yeah let me know how it is there, cuz I know every place varies. At Muloe Creek it was really cool... except our menu items were disgusting! I swear I lost 5-10 lbs every time I was there
Old 01-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Missing My Baby
Donation Award 

Quote:
Wow congrats on ur family visit... they are the business! Seriously.... with everything me and the hubby been through during these past few years, i don't know how strong our relationship would be without the closeness of a family visit! We were trying to get pregnant too... but not yet! Still trying!!! Yeah let me know how it is there, cuz I know every place varies. At Muloe Creek it was really cool... except our menu items were disgusting! I swear I lost 5-10 lbs every time I was there
LOL...Z and I are hoping to have a "Lil'Z" too this year.

The food at Old Folsom isnt that bad. They give you a little bit of everything.

The family visiting CO - Ms. Sparksman is really cool too. She doesnt trip off of much. The only thing she is strict on is checking in on time and checking out. Dont be a minute late, especially at check out. They usually say they will pick you up at 9am, however they always seem to show up around 8am. So be ready by 7am to be on the safe side and have everything done. If your late, thats grounds for terminating your next visit.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Missing My Baby
Donation Award 

CSUSARRAH: I am trying to answer your questions, we have two threads going. Now that the lockdown is over, post all your questions on this thread and I will try to help you out the best that I can. (I just answered your questions about phone calls on the lockdown thread). Talk to you later.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
CSUSARRAH: I am trying to answer your questions, we have two threads going. Now that the lockdown is over, post all your questions on this thread and I will try to help you out the best that I can. (I just answered your questions about phone calls on the lockdown thread). Talk to you later.

LOL, that was confusing, but yeah he is supposed to be mainlined. I called his counselor and harrassed them a million times, and last thursday he got mainlined. When I spoke to a counselor ( which ended up not even being his counselor) I asked when they would be able to use the phone, and she told me... "He should have already been able to call. Maybe he just didnt want to call you" What a biotch huh??? LOL... oh well... they seem more rude at Folsom already, Mule Creeks people were seriously the nicest people u would wanna deal with for this prison crap!

Hopefully he calls me soon.. it suck cuz at Mule Creek he could call all day if he wanted, and on friday and sat and holidays... the phone would be on until 2 am!!! Oh well.... roll with the punches, right?

Old 01-13-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Where is all my Old Folsom ladies at????
Here I am!! Not too long before your visit Mrz.Z's!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:46 AM
U n I undr da moon of luv

Happy new yrs ladies he he ! Finally checkin In Lol well I hope all of you started of the year fabulouscious he he ! Yay another yr closer to our luvs homecomings! Whoo! Ladies I had a question umm I was just wondering if they where going to stop marrying people temporarily or wat lol at Folsom and is it only Folsom??? Idk
=( sux but things always work out for the best!!!! Somehow! Well kk ladies hope you all have a great day!!!

Thanx
J

Last edited by oneofakind13; 01-14-2009 at 02:51 AM..
Old 01-14-2009, 01:48 PM

hey has anyone gotten any calls since the lockdown??? Dand this stuff is hard without communication... there are only so many letters I can write!!! I

Old 01-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Missing My Baby
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantioswify View Post
Happy new yrs ladies he he ! Finally checkin In Lol well I hope all of you started of the year fabulouscious he he ! Yay another yr closer to our luvs homecomings! Whoo! Ladies I had a question umm I was just wondering if they where going to stop marrying people temporarily or wat lol at Folsom and is it only Folsom??? Idk
=( sux but things always work out for the best!!!! Somehow! Well kk ladies hope you all have a great day!!!

Thanx
J
Hey Girlie!
December 13, 2008, was the last date to get married at Folsom. Some say it has to do with the warden, others say it has to do with the prop. (I think it's the warden. Ladies are still getting married at other CA prisons) Another would have been "wifey" on here checked and was told that they might allow it in the summer time. So just keep checking girl. You never know.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Missing My Baby
Donation Award 

Quote:
hey has anyone gotten any calls since the lockdown??? Dand this stuff is hard without communication... there are only so many letters I can write!!! I
I got a call from Z today, around 5:30pm. He said there was a long ass line up both inside and outside for the phones. Hang in there girl! If he doesnt call you tonight, maybe he will call tomorrow. Also, if I'm not mistaken, they get locked up in their cells around 9pm. I think they can make phone calls between 8am to 2pm and 4:30pm to 8:30pm.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:33 PM

Ok so the hubby called tonight!!!! Yay!!! He got to call because I called his councelor who is actually really cool and they brought him down to the phones to specifically call me! What a cool guy... Nunez... anyways... he is not happy with the program they run in there at all... for some reason he went from a Level 1 at Mule Creek to a Level 3 at Folsom.... how do u skip one whole level??? Anyways... he also said that the lockdown from last weekend was because in his building WAS a stabbing, and it was his celly that got stabbed!!! I am so glad my husband is ok.. he said if he didn't leave for chow when he did, he wouldn't be talking to me!

I am gonna be going up there next weekend... cuz i got shit to do this weekend... but God Bless eveyone and sorry I had to vent to some people who know what this prison junk is all about!!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Hey Girlie!
December 13, 2008, was the last date to get married at Folsom. Some say it has to do with the warden, others say it has to do with the prop. (I think it's the warden. Ladies are still getting married at other CA prisons) Another would have been "wifey" on here checked and was told that they might allow it in the summer time. So just keep checking girl. You never know.
thanx miss.....
yea This one gurly I met at visit told me that they where planning to stop marring people at Folsom yep Dec 13 was the last day my luv was all bummed out but I told him to keep his hopes up…well hopefully they do let ppl marry in the summertime whoo hoo! where can i check though lol ????
Old 01-15-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Ok so the hubby called tonight!!!! Yay!!! He got to call because I called his councelor who is actually really cool and they brought him down to the phones to specifically call me! What a cool guy... Nunez... anyways... he is not happy with the program they run in there at all... for some reason he went from a Level 1 at Mule Creek to a Level 3 at Folsom.... how do u skip one whole level??? Anyways... he also said that the lockdown from last weekend was because in his building WAS a stabbing, and it was his celly that got stabbed!!! I am so glad my husband is ok.. he said if he didn't leave for chow when he did, he wouldn't be talking to me!

I am gonna be going up there next weekend... cuz i got shit to do this weekend... but God Bless eveyone and sorry I had to vent to some people who know what this prison junk is all about!!

OMG gurly thank god your husband is okay !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:59 AM

You seem to have brought good luck to our forum!! Since you joined us, I see our Old Folsom ladies are all chatting up with each other more often. Let's keep it going ladies. Our forum is pretty much the only forum that has the least amount of posts.

I'm so glad you finally got your call. Hope you got your full 15 minutes!

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Romeogirl For This Useful Post:
csusarrah (01-15-2009)
Old 01-15-2009, 09:16 AM

Hello ladies. I got a letter from my bf and i am kinda bummed out because he said for me not to get too excited on his release date because anything can happen. He said it has nothing to do with him. Thats just the way things go. Now tell me do they change release date on inmates often?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:08 PM

Thank u guys sooo much!! Yeah, we talked for the full 15 last night And he got to call me again 2day.. even though the police were trippen on him. Oh well. I can't wait to see him

As for FAIRYLUVA1969.... release dates don't change too much. Only if u get in trouble. But even then if its a small offense u can usally appeal to get ur time. back. Just tell him to stay outta the way

Old 01-15-2009, 04:09 PM

By the way i dunno how to erase my ticket but its not correct.. LOL
Old 01-16-2009, 03:06 AM
Missing My Baby
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRYLUVA1969 View Post
Hello ladies. I got a letter from my bf and i am kinda bummed out because he said for me not to get too excited on his release date because anything can happen. He said it has nothing to do with him. Thats just the way things go. Now tell me do they change release date on inmates often?
Hey girl, just stay strong. He is right, many things can change his release date which he may have no control over. You will be amaze how they calculate their release dates. They can do it 3 times and everytime they will end up with a new date. I pray that if his date has changed, it's only by a few days or so. Take Care.

Closed Thread