Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Alabama Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:30 PM

Default So frustrated!!! No mail!!!

Well for the second day in a row NO MAIL!! I don't know what is going on cuz my LO writes every day and i receive a letter every day (except Sun. & Mon) but for some reason i haven't received anything since Sat. I decided to call up to Draper to find out if he was ok or if by chance he had been moved. I tried contacting Warden Billups first but had no success getting ahold of her so i then called Warden Boyd he advised me that he had not been moved so i asked is his health ok, he's not in the infirmary for any reason is he and his response " No, he's still alive". UGH!! That pissed me off so bad!! How rude can you be. He acted as if it was a problem for me to call inquiring about my LO. I just hope and pray i get a letter from him tomorrow cause if i don't i'm gonna go CRAZY!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Love Dont Run<3

I wish the longest I had to go was 2 days! I just had to wait 11 & who knows how long I will wait now.
It's not cause he's not writing.. it's just that the mail is slow.

Hopefully you get something soon.

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:04 PM

awe girl i know. I know mail can be slow but I also know that alot of the people that do the mail for DOC are careless. :-/ unfortunately i think DOC is corrupt. I've looked into so much on them it's not even funny. I had a friend that worked at a guard at the prison near where I live and he was telling me how corrupt they are. Hang in there dear, you'll get mail soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to alwayslovehim06 For This Useful Post:
LocklearLove (05-27-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 01:04 AM
English Super Moderator

PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,565 Times in 6,759 Posts

The mail rooms always seemed to be backed up It drives me crazy, I hope you get a letter today

Old 05-17-2012, 02:12 PM

So happy!! I finally got mail!!!! The crazy thing about it was that all 3 letters i got were post marked for the same day. So that tells me the mail people were holding on to the letters and i think that if i hadn't called yesterday complaining about it i might not have even gotten those today. Plus he told me in his letters he hadn't received any mail from me. Those people there aggravate the hell out of me!!! I just thank god i finally got some mail.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:06 PM

GLAD to Hear you got mail!!!! yay!! yes they aggravate me as well. Glad you finally got something!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:30 PM
His Ride or Die Ole Lady
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslovehim06 View Post
awe girl i know. I know mail can be slow but I also know that alot of the people that do the mail for DOC are careless. :-/ unfortunately i think DOC is corrupt. I've looked into so much on them it's not even funny. I had a friend that worked at a guard at the prison near where I live and he was telling me how corrupt they are. Hang in there dear, you'll get mail soon.

ADOC is as shady as they come, and they have had to FIRE MAILROOM STAFF in more than one facility due to the stealing mail/stamps, THROWING away mail...unopended, letting inmates steal the postage off of OUTGOING mail. Mags that the inmates never get, because staff hands them out to who they want. (We experienced this ourselves). I PRAY THAT after these 2 weeks are over that we NEVER STEP FOOT NEAR ANY ADOC again.
The Following User Says Thank You to LocklearLove For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (05-28-2012)