Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Alabama Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:23 PM

Default Has anyone had problems using Jpay?

Has anybody had any problems using jpay in the past? I have been sending money through jpay and all of a sudden i get a call today asking me to send money western union which is more expensive. I am like this the more money it cost to send the less money you will have to spend. Any ideas for his choice in companys?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2012, 03:22 AM
English Super Moderator

PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,565 Times in 6,759 Posts

I use Jpay and in the past I have used the alabama electronic transfer system. I used Jpay last week to send money and I didnt have any problems Sorry I cant be of more help, I agree that you shouldnt have to use western union if you Jpay is cheaper

Old 10-20-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays#1girl View Post
Has anybody had any problems using jpay in the past? I have been sending money through jpay and all of a sudden i get a call today asking me to send money western union which is more expensive. I am like this the more money it cost to send the less money you will have to spend. Any ideas for his choice in companys?

I've used JPAY and the State of Alabama's pay system. No probs. I've also learned that if I send money orders, the money gets posted to my LO's books quicker. That may be a facility 'thing'. I send money orders most of the time and it's significantly cheaper.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:11 AM

thnx u guys, i end up spending it western union quick pay on sunday morning and some on monday morning and they only charged me 4.95 which wasn't bad. i don't know what i went under that said $17 within mins. but that was entirely to much for me. but i may start sending money orders and pray that he will get it b4 the store.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays#1girl View Post
thnx u guys, i end up spending it western union quick pay on sunday morning and some on monday morning and they only charged me 4.95 which wasn't bad. i don't know what i went under that said $17 within mins. but that was entirely to much for me. but i may start sending money orders and pray that he will get it b4 the store.
Money orders do seem to get posted faster and are cheaper.

Last edited by josie231; 10-23-2012 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: I forgot I had already posted this. :)
Old 10-25-2012, 12:35 AM

I was sending money through the ADOC site and it was posting the next day, then when they started making you sign up and pay up to $2.00 for an acct. just to verify that the email and checking acct. is mine, I decided I was not going to give them that money! That's ridiculous to pay them just to sign up on their website! I have used JPay a few times, so I started using it again two weeks ago and my husband has been getting his money within 2 days with it. I have never had a problem with them. I always heard people saying it took longer to have money orders posted because you have to mail it and then you have to wait for them to post it. I have a friend that her husband was in Limestone CF with my husband and she sent a money order and he didn't get it until a week later after they should have received it and she had to call them about it and they told her they didn't have it and then miraculously the next day it appeared on his acct.! But Limestone CF inmates have been told last week in a memo that they are cutting all of these ways of paying out starting Nov 1st and they are going to be using a company out of state and they will no longer accept money orders mailed to the prison or through JPAY or any other form except the new company they are changing to and my husband told me that some of the inmates said they have heard that this company takes sometimes up to a month to get the money posted to the inmates acct, so I guess we will see! I hope that's not the case and hopefully it will be cheaper for us! But I'm not holding my breath!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJsFancyFace For This Useful Post:
josie231 (10-25-2012), lisainengland (10-26-2012)
Old 10-30-2012, 11:58 AM

well i received a letter from him stating that jpay takes two days and western union post the following day and he missed the store one week.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jays#1girl For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (10-31-2012)