Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > Military Prison Talk & UCMJ
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Military Prison Talk & UCMJ This forum is dedicated to those who have a loved one in a military prison, or dealing with the military legal system (UCMJ).

Old 02-18-2015, 10:30 PM

Default Daily Schedule Question

What is the daily schedule like for a service member incarcerated? I'm sure it will be different for every RCF. I have seen some post stating that there are programs that can be utilized. Like the barber program. Everyone obviously cannot do it, but how are these people selected or eligible for that?

Outside of eat wake up and sleep what is the rest of day like?

Outside of staying out of trouble what can SM do to make time fly by faster, more productive?

Are families allowed to send books to the inmates?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2015, 09:28 AM

I can only tell you about JRCF at Leavenworth. Inmates can choose study or work. For working you get days off of your sentence. They have several work details, and sometimes they rotate you. Some details make some money but it only a couple a cents per hour. Some work details have you work an 8 hrs day, others only a couple of hours. You always work 4 days then get 2 days off. There is daily rec, they watch tv and play card games. They play basketball. You are allowed to send books but only through certain stores. We use Amazon.com and it has to be from Amazon itself, no third party sellers and shipped directly to Leavenworth. Let me know if you want to know more.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:30 AM

Oh for barber program I believe you can't have a violent offense. Some work details you will only be eligible for if you have a longer sentence. And for some there is a waiting list.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB2015 View Post
I can only tell you about JRCF at Leavenworth. Inmates can choose study or work. For working you get days off of your sentence. They have several work details, and sometimes they rotate you. Some details make some money but it only a couple a cents per hour. Some work details have you work an 8 hrs day, others only a couple of hours. You always work 4 days then get 2 days off. There is daily rec, they watch tv and play card games. They play basketball. You are allowed to send books but only through certain stores. We use Amazon.com and it has to be from Amazon itself, no third party sellers and shipped directly to Leavenworth. Let me know if you want to know more.
Do you know how often visitation is allowed or what days times? Thanks!