Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

View Poll Results: How long after release do you expect "affection"
Hotel-First thing!!! 361 42.87%
Going to try to make it home, hope we don't have to stop 289 34.32%
Definitely waiting until we get home and settled 133 15.80%
Maybe a few days to give us time to adjust 46 5.46%
Ain't going to happen at all 13 1.54%
Voters: 842. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2018, 08:55 AM

Thanked 5,994 Times in 3,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Yes he wants a nice hot shower first. He said he wants me to wash him but then that will lead to other things. So I'm going to stay out of there until hes done.
Regardless of where they are coming from prison or jail both have a funky smell and neither one of us could stand it!!! I know I wasn't having sex with him until he was funk free!!!LOL
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2018, 08:40 AM

I rented us a beautiful hotel in Pacifica on the beach with a hot tub and view of the ocean for a couple days, the staff is putting champagne on ice in there for us and rose petals all over. We are married but never have made love so for our first time ideally we would like it to be special and in that room lol but if it happens before we get there because it is a 4 or 5 hour drive that is ok too. I know it will be special and memorable regardless. I just want to be with him and be close to him.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sean’sWife82 For This Useful Post:
smiles844 (05-22-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 02:47 PM

My fiancé is in the parole review process now. I know that all offenders are tested for HIV prior to being released. However, HIV isn't the only thing that one can contract in prison. I'm not even talking about STDs; I'm talking about air-borne viruses and skin infections, etc. I'd really like for my fiancé to receive a full check-up before "affection" occurs. If anyone has more info to share about the medical check-ups that they receive before being released, then please share it. I don't want to be too cautious, but I also don't want to put myself at risk for a strange illness. :-/
Old 04-25-2018, 05:11 PM

Thanked 3,005 Times in 1,805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slw024 View Post
My fiancé is in the parole review process now. I know that all offenders are tested for HIV prior to being released. However, HIV isn't the only thing that one can contract in prison. I'm not even talking about STDs; I'm talking about air-borne viruses and skin infections, etc. I'd really like for my fiancé to receive a full check-up before "affection" occurs. If anyone has more info to share about the medical check-ups that they receive before being released, then please share it. I don't want to be too cautious, but I also don't want to put myself at risk for a strange illness. :-/
They get a full workup here before they come home. He will have the papers in his hand as he walks out that door. I'm not sure how the process goes where you are.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:14 AM

Default Hi, NYgirl!

Thanks for your response! Since we're both in the Texas Parole forum, I'm assuming that you are relating information about the Texas system. If what you say is true, then I feel relieved. The only thing I have to offer is that I read somewhere in the TDCJ materials that the results of pre-parole medical exams are not available for some offenders until after they go home. Do you know anything about this?
Thanks again!
Old 05-04-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slw024 View Post
Thanks for your response! Since we're both in the Texas Parole forum, I'm assuming that you are relating information about the Texas system. If what you say is true, then I feel relieved. The only thing I have to offer is that I read somewhere in the TDCJ materials that the results of pre-parole medical exams are not available for some offenders until after they go home. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks again!

Have you talked to your Man about all this? Ask him if he’s going to be tested and let him know you love him and are excited to be intimate with him but you have concerns about possibly catching anything. All couples should be tested no matter if they are coming from prison or not. If he’s not then ask him to do it when he gets out. Hopefully you have a relationship that allows you to talk to him openly and honestly like that. If you don’t I think that should be your main concern.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sean’sWife82 For This Useful Post:
Andy&Me (05-04-2018), slw024 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 02:32 PM

Default Hi, Sean'sGirl!

You offer some good suggestions. By profession, I'm a therapist, so, yes, he and I talk frequently and easily about these things. The problem we have is that he isn't really sure what tests they're doing/will do for parole purposes. He has other health issues and is at a medical unit, so he gets fairly regular lab work. He is an educated man and asks questions, but he says that it hasn't been made clear to him what tests will comprise a "full work-up" when released. I've done some research, but the information that I find is fragmented. Frankly, he's a freak about personal hygiene, so he's as concerned as I am that he get a full check-up and body scan. In fact, he told me, "When I get out and you come pick me up, do not pass GO and do not collect $200...take me straight to a CVS and then to a SHOWER." LOL.

Thank you for your response, BTW. I think that these kinds of discussions are important for all of us to consider. We love our fellas, and we just want them healthy and happy and close.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:49 PM

Default Follow-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
They get a full workup here before they come home. He will have the papers in his hand as he walks out that door. I'm not sure how the process goes where you are.
I just wanted to follow-up on this thread. Currently, we are waiting for news about parole approval. In the past week, my fiancé came down with a serious staph infection. He had no idea that he had it or that it was so bad until it became really serious. This is the kind of thing that I was trying to get at in earlier posts. Aside from STDs, there are lots of strange (and not-so-strange) things to which the offenders can be exposed. Of course, this is true for us in the "outside world", too. I just think that it's wise for him (and me, too, probably) to get a thorough check-up from a practitioner on the outside before rubbing bellies.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:20 PM

It's sad to see this thread dead for 2 years. Don't worry! It shall return-lol
Seriously though, we're not planners and he hates non-spontaneous sex, so there is no permanent planning. We talk about it, but it changes all the time. My man is 2000 miles away. I may rent/borrow an RV. I may fly up and rent a car to bring him back (he'll have to have that federal ID by then-unless one of these asteroids, quakes, or plagues destroys the judicial system and he breaks free
Idk if we'll stop somewhere or get the heck out of Dodge. What worries me the most is he is VERY handsy. Hey, that's great at home or in the theater or backseat or eating at Sonic or... But not when I'm driving. He says he can drive (w/o a license ) but I'm not taking chances. The last thing I want is him locked up again (I'm going to have a hard time keeping him out of trouble, aren't I? ) He says he won't have a problem driving while I perform certain things. I'm like, "Baby, if you can drive while I #%$#, then I suck at $#@$." And if he tries anything while I'm driving, we will crash. Seriously. No jokes aside. Dead.
So we seriously don't know what will happen, but I foresee a side of the road for at least some heavy petting before we get to stop somewhere. And if that asteroid hits, we'll join the mile high club.