Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arkansas.

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 06:56 PM

Default Info on ADC - Pics of cummins, etc

This is a link to informative info and pictures. If you don't know what an open barracks looks like, there's one in the photo gallery, pics of hoe squad too.
Humbling.. but real.

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/ads/prison/prison.html
Old 04-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Frenchy Member

Thanks for this very interesting and informative link !!

Phil
Old 04-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Banned

That was really interesting! I see that they search the guards for contraband coming to work. Also, I was surprised to see several inmates together watching TV in a supermax prison!
Old 04-27-2004, 07:23 PM
Obsessed Insomniac

Thanks Julie! The hoe squad is really very sad & humbling when you see it in person...have you ever been over there during the week? I used to have to walk through the guys going out to work to get to my office. I hated to see them going out during the hot summer, knowing that at least one of them would come in over-heated or sick after working in the field.
JC

"When I first saw you, I saw love. And the first time you touched me, I felt love. And after all this time, you're still the one I love."~Shania Twain
Old 04-27-2004, 09:10 PM

When Hunter was in the hole at Cummins, he had visitation on a Thursday. I had to wait outside for 20-30 minutes before they would let me even in the building. There were guys working out in the fields doing hoe squad, and it was honestly the hardest I've ever seen anybody work. They were working so fast and so continually. I felt so bad for them.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:13 PM

And thanks Julie!!
Old 04-27-2004, 10:53 PM

you're welcome, y'all.
No, i've not seen hoe squad, just heard about it from my husband. He was in at tucker 20 years ago so he's done it twice. One time at Tucker they were moving dirt from one place to another, every man had a shovel, and would get a scoop of dirt - they were in a line or circle. As the pile got lower, it was obvious there were burrows in it.. Dang, i forget what was living in it,, rats maybe. Just the story he told me about how they got closer and closer to whatever it was, and the men would say, "we're getting close boys," "we're almost there" "oh lordy" and then all backed up REAL quick when they hit whatever it was. Dang, guess i better recall the fact right before i tell a story!