Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Louisiana should be posted here.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:55 AM

Default Early releases

I have a step son in Franklin Parish Detention for indecent behavior with a juvenile under 13. I don't communicate with him but his father does and is very distraught. He was sentenced to 2 to 5 years with the first two years without benefit of early parole. But he is telling my husband that he will be getting out soon. That they are overcrowded and he's going to be released soon. Is that even possible if the sentence if the judge said no early parole? Also, what do they do to help them in jail? I was thinking there would be classes on understanding their crime but he says the waiting list are so long he can't get in and they he only needs to take a parenting class. I just find this hard to believe for a sex offender. He keeps getting my husband's hopes up and then he doesn't get out. I have thought of calling the Detention Center to find out the truth but I wouldn't know who to talk to and my husband thinks it could make things worse for him. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has info.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 19,189 Times in 7,443 Posts

He's not going anywhere right now. If his sentence says no shot at parole for the first two years, then he's not going anywhere unless they move him to another facility. Even if he does go before the parole board after two years, there are no guarantees he will be granted parole. The Louisiana Parole Board doesn't have a good record of releasing sex offenders to parole.

Chances are he is listening to jail gossip.

The other thing is that parish facilities have very little in the way of programs for ANY offenders. If he has any hopes of getting into the sex offender program, he would have to be in a DOC facility for that to happen.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:20 AM

My husband is also in Franklin Parish Detention Center. They are not over crowded by any means. They're actually about to take in more inmates due to the flooding. They do not help them get into classes. He has to be up & when it's time to sign up for classes they come around to every "dorm" & call them to come write their name on paper if they want to attend. They only start classes every so often. Parenting & Anger Management should be starting back up soon bc 20 inmates, including my husband just graduated. If you have any problems or questions, call & ask to talk to Chad Lee, the warden. He's usually very helpful.