Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:07 AM

Default Transferred to Huntsville. When will he be transferred to his release unit?

Good Morning beautiful people,
I checked the tdcj website this morning and the husband has been moved to the Huntsville Unit. He's being discharged from Hutchins, so does the unit change mean that he's doing like the whole pre-release physical and blood work? If so, when will he be transferred to his release unit? TIA

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2019, 06:09 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,266 Times in 1,683 Posts

Sorry for the late reply. There's not enough info about his situation to say what the future holds. Has he made parole? Has he just started the sentence within the last year or so? Going from a state jail to the Walls does always entail a release plan or mean that someone is about to get out. There are a number of scenarios as to why one goes to or through the Huntsville unit.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
Sorry for the late reply. There's not enough info about his situation to say what the future holds. Has he made parole? Has he just started the sentence within the last year or so? Going from a state jail to the Walls does always entail a release plan or mean that someone is about to get out. There are a number of scenarios as to why one goes to or through the Huntsville unit.
Thanks for the response. I checked this morning and he's at Hutchins now. He won't be on parole he's discharging. I was inquiring about the blood work because I was told that they give inmates some sort of physical prior to being released. Do you know if I can call the unit to find out what time he'll be released? All the website says release is between 8-5.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:02 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,266 Times in 1,683 Posts

I don't know how they do it at Hutchins concerning release. At the Walls in Huntsville they send out 2 groups a day. One just around lunch and then another 4 hours or so later. Hutchins is probably the same way, but maybe not. Call and see.
They take your blood before you get out to be kept on file with the FBI, DPS here in Texas and law enforcement in general. They also check to see if you have HIV so law enforcement will know if you have contact with them in the future. That's why they take your blood prior to release. It not a physical. Its to do with DNA
Lonelyangel17 (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonelyangel17 View Post
Thanks for the response. I checked this morning and he's at Hutchins now. He won't be on parole he's discharging. I was inquiring about the blood work because I was told that they give inmates some sort of physical prior to being released. Do you know if I can call the unit to find out what time he'll be released? All the website says release is between 8-5.
I had a friend released from there and they told me they want them all out by 12 or 1pm. If he's taking the bus they will take him to the station. As noted I would call to make sure! Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to dtmom2013 For This Useful Post:
Lonelyangel17 (12-21-2019)