Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:19 AM

Default Parole revocation sent to ISF in Pampa, TX

OK my boyfriend arrived at Baten on January 13th, 2020 I have added money to his books already for him and sent him about 4 letters already. I've not heard anything back from him nor had he tried to call or set up for phone calls I did register the phone already on my end incase he did try to call. Is there a time frame in which they can call or can they have access to write letters immediately? I've never done this ISF or prison life before we only been together a year and he had just been released after doing 5.5 years locked up on a 10 year sentence. His parole officer told me he would be here anywhere from 60 days to 180 days??? I thought the sentence was determined before you ever left for ISF from county jail. Is that not true? I am going to drive there next weekend to visit him I've already scheduled the 4 hour 2 day visits and it's an 8 hour drive give or take from where we live to visit him. Upon him being released can I pick him up from there or where would he go to get picked up? I appericiate any answers I can get from anyone that has been to this facility or had a loved one that had been there. Thank so much.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2020, 11:26 AM

I'm wondering myself if they set the time period
for ISF before they leave county jail. Let me know what you find out. My friend is dealing with the same thing. But I think if they go to ISF they are not revoked. If revoked they would be sent back to Prison. Good luck, safe travels.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:45 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,266 Times in 1,683 Posts

If you have an approved address that parole will work with then, you get out faster. Used to be, ISF was up to 6 months, but they've lightened up a bit. You can pick him up unless he's supposed to go to a halfway house.....I think. I've been to Baten before. It's been a few years back, but I remember the place well.
The time you spend in the county jail does not count towards ISF time. It counts where your the accumulation of street time is concerned in lessening your sentence, but I don't think it counts towards ISF time specifically.
If he doesn't have money to buy writing materials then he has to wait on indigent supplies and all that. It may take up to a couple of weeks for that to get started, but usually it's not that long.
No.....ISF is not to do with any kind of sentencing. He's still on parole and therefore his street time is not or has not been lost. ISF is a slap on wrist/parole violation type action.
dtmom2013 (01-19-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the feed back. He does have an address to come home to and a job upon being released. I already added money to his books the day I found out where he was sent to and I could search him on the tdcj website. I called the unit and the lady I spoke with told me his time there could be anywhere from 60 days to 180 days depends on how he does I'm guessing. He was on that sisp parole and walked away from the house with his ankle monitor telling parole he left house while on house ft 4arrest so he got a violation. Correct he wasn't revoked and I'm assuming when he is released from ISF he will still have to wear that monitor til God knows when. Originally it was 90 days and here we are a year later and he's still on the house arrest.He should have gone to curfew with the monitor for 9 months after the 90 days house arrest was up but his parole officer is a hard ass dick for real and makes his life a living nightmare literally...im hoping this time he can just bite the bullet and not let it get the best of him again cuz next time I'm sure they will just send him back instead of even messing with him about anything. Thank you for responding back to me. Do you have access to use the phones while you're there at Baten? I've heard some say yes for 5 Mins once every 30 days they can make a phone call and some have said
no they don't really have the access to the phones there and if they do call its outrageously expensive so most don't even try to.

Thanks again for all your help and input.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgmcdowell For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (01-19-2020), Firebrand (01-18-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 06:50 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmcdowell View Post
Thanks for the feed back. He does have an address to come home to and a job upon being released. I already added money to his books the day I found out where he was sent to and I could search him on the tdcj website. I called the unit and the lady I spoke with told me his time there could be anywhere from 60 days to 180 days depends on how he does I'm guessing. He was on that sisp parole and walked away from the house with his ankle monitor telling parole he left house while on house ft 4arrest so he got a violation. Correct he wasn't revoked and I'm assuming when he is released from ISF he will still have to wear that monitor til God knows when. Originally it was 90 days and here we are a year later and he's still on the house arrest.He should have gone to curfew with the monitor for 9 months after the 90 days house arrest was up but his parole officer is a hard ass dick for real and makes his life a living nightmare literally...im hoping this time he can just bite the bullet and not let it get the best of him again cuz next time I'm sure they will just send him back instead of even messing with him about anything. Thank you for responding back to me. Do you have access to use the phones while you're there at Baten? I've heard some say yes for 5 Mins once every 30 days they can make a phone call and some have said
no they don't really have the access to the phones there and if they do call its outrageously expensive so most don't even try to.

Thanks again for all your help and input.
There are phones in each of the tanks, I think. Hmm....is that right? I can't remember, but being that's a TDCJ facility there's got to be phones in the tanks. Baten is not a bad place to do time. It's easier compared to some other places and the food is good. The Jordan Unit is right next to it a few hundred yards away with a culinary arts school. I was there at Baten back around 2013-2014.
SISP is a minimum of 1 year and yes, he'll he have to start over from scratch when he comes home. I was on SISP for 7 years. Before it was over they sent me back to prison for 1 1/2 year and took 5 years of my street time all to do with the struggle in living with SISP.
From me to him....."I know it's hard,but you either ride the storm out for how ever long it takes to get the SISP stipulation removed or they'll send you back to prison and I'm not talking about a parole violation either, I'm talking about being revoked and sent back into the system with all your street time taken away from you. You can do this. You can beat this, but you do it by following the rules. They'll get up off of you, but you have to be patient."
dtmom2013 (01-19-2020), kvinna20 (01-18-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
If you have an approved address that parole will work with then, you get out faster. Used to be, ISF was up to 6 months, but they've lightened up a bit. You can pick him up unless he's supposed to go to a halfway house.....I think. I've been to Baten before. It's been a few years back, but I remember the place well.
The time you spend in the county jail does not count towards ISF time. It counts where your the accumulation of street time is concerned in lessening your sentence, but I don't think it counts towards ISF time specifically.
If he doesn't have money to buy writing materials then he has to wait on indigent supplies and all that. It may take up to a couple of weeks for that to get started, but usually it's not that long.
No.....ISF is not to do with any kind of sentencing. He's still on parole and therefore his street time is not or has not been lost. ISF is a slap on wrist/parole violation type action.
Thank you! So helpful for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to dtmom2013 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (01-19-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 11:07 AM

Thank you and I'll definitely let him know what you've said. I'm going up there this weekend to see him. Do you know if the visits are behind glass or contact? I've been told both now from the facility. I called to make sure I was on the list which I am and they told me to call back the week I'm planning to go to schedule the visit and when I done that the lady told me it would be behind glass for 4 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday. So now I'm really confused cuz the first person said I could take $25.00 in quarters in a Clear zip lock plastic bag for the vending machines for drinks and snacks for during the visit. I've never been to a prison before to visit so I'm going in this one not knowing what to expect. So any advice or heads up would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Thank you and I'll definitely let him know what you've said. I'm going up there this weekend to see him. Do you know if the visits are behind glass or contact? I've been told both now from the facility. I called to make sure I was on the list which I am and they told me to call back the week I'm planning to go to schedule the visit and when I done that the lady told me it would be behind glass for 4 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday. So now I'm really confused cuz the first person said I could take $25.00 in quarters in a Clear zip lock plastic bag for the vending machines for drinks and snacks for during the visit. I've never been to a prison before to visit so I'm going in this one not knowing what to expect. So any advice or heads up would be greatly appreciated.
You can take the $25(quarters) in and if the visit is behind glass you can give money to a CO when you go in and they will get the snacks and give them to him. You can take in $25.00 each visit. Get your quarters at the grocery store or ext. They do not have a change machine. You usually call on Monday to schedule a special visit for that weekend.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:12 AM

Thank you and yes they were closed Monday so I called today she told me to also call back on Friday to confirm the visit. I'll be driving there all day Friday and staying in motel there over the weekend so I can visit him Saturday and Sunday. I finally got a letter from him todyx and a phone call from him tonight. It really eased my mind once I could hear he's OK and doing fine. He said he's already filled out his parole address papers and everything and by the 28th he should hear back something on that. I'm sure I'll learn more when I get there and can actually talk to him and have him explain it all to me. Thanks again for all your input, advice and suggestions. I really appericiate it all.
The Following User Says Thank You to tgmcdowell For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 01:17 AM

Thank you and yes they were closed Monday so I called today she told me to also call back on Friday to confirm the visit. I'll be driving there all day Friday and will see him Saturday and Sunday. I finally got a letter from him today and a phone call from him tonight. It really eased my mind once I could hear he's OK and doing fine. He said he's already filled out his parole address papers and everything and by the 28th he should hear back something on that. I'm sure I'll learn more when I get there and can actually talk to him and have him explain it all to me. Thanks again for all your input, advice and suggestions. I really appericiate it all.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Thank you and yes they were closed Monday so I called today she told me to also call back on Friday to confirm the visit. I'll be driving there all day Friday and staying in motel there over the weekend so I can visit him Saturday and Sunday. I finally got a letter from him todyx and a phone call from him tonight. It really eased my mind once I could hear he's OK and doing fine. He said he's already filled out his parole address papers and everything and by the 28th he should hear back something on that. I'm sure I'll learn more when I get there and can actually talk to him and have him explain it all to me. Thanks again for all your input, advice and suggestions. I really appericiate it all.
I hope you had a good visit! Did you find out how long he has to be there and are there phone calls? Thank you!
Old 02-17-2020, 09:57 AM

Yes we had a great visit. What's crazy is we never had a quiet moment between us that whole time. 8 hours total. Everyone there was super nice and polite upon arriving. They never searched me or my vehicle like I was expecting. Our visit was behind glass since we aren't married or family. That was fine I didn't care I just wanted to see him. Yes he's able to call me and the calls are very cheap I believe it's like $2 for a 30 minute phone call roughly. We are hoping he's home at the end of the month his parole officer has already approved his residential plan and he said he took his release test already. I'm not sure what that means though. I have to pick him up in Amarillo upon him being released which is a bit further of a drive than where the actual prison unit is. It took about 8.5 hours of straight drive time to get there from where we live when I went to visit and it will take about 10 hours to get to Amarillo from where we live. Now I'm just hoping for good weather on his release day now and that it gets here real soon. I've told him upon being released just to look at his parole future as being on the SISP parole for another 5 years, that way if he's off before then it's a surprise but don't expect anything that way he's not disappointed if it doesn't happen. Just follow the rules to the best of his ability and hope for the best outcome with everything. Thanks for all the help you've given with your input and suggestions and advice. I appreciate it greatly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgmcdowell For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (02-23-2020), fbopnomore (02-17-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 02:41 PM

OK have a release from ISF issue now.
I need help understanding how this works.. Tomorrow is his program end date and then he should be being released.
I called parole to get his release date and they say they don't have a release date for him yet. I've spoken to his parole officer, signed all paperwork, his residential plan has been approved already and he's taken his release test as well.
He's done with the program come tomorrow so why don't they have a date for him to be released yet?
Parole in Austin tells me to just call back daily but I'm planning to pick him up which is a 10 hour drive for me one way and I need to know in advance when I need to be in Amarillo at the bus station to get him. the

Parole said that's where I would pick him up from instead of at the Baten unit.
Anyone have any ideas about how this whole ordeal works to begin with?
I'm really stressing over this one big time now. I just really am ready for him to be home already it's been long enough.. Thanks for the help...
Old 02-25-2020, 06:56 PM

My boyfriend is at baten unit now and they have phone access from 7am to 10am then dmfrom 12 noon to 2pm then again from 4pm to 10 pm calls are 30 Mins long and cost about $1.80 per call. When he writes me it takes about a full week to get his letter once it's left his hands. I generally jpay him back cuz it's quicker and cost the same as a stamp does. I went up to see him on a special visit for 4 hours on sat and Sunday both the Co's were really cool actually everyone was cool there.. They didn't search me or my vehicle like I had expected them to do. But all in all it was well worth the drive to visit him. Now I'm waiting for him to get releases so I can go pick him up in Amarillo at the bus station there.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:00 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Quote:
My boyfriend is at baten unit now and they have phone access from 7am to 10am then dmfrom 12 noon to 2pm then again from 4pm to 10 pm calls are 30 Mins long and cost about $1.80 per call. When he writes me it takes about a full week to get his letter once it's left his hands. I generally jpay him back cuz it's quicker and cost the same as a stamp does. I went up to see him on a special visit for 4 hours on sat and Sunday both the Co's were really cool actually everyone was cool there.. They didn't search me or my vehicle like I had expected them to do. But all in all it was well worth the drive to visit him. Now I'm waiting for him to get releases so I can go pick him up in Amarillo at the bus station there.
When I was there a few moons back, if someone picked you up they picked you up at Baten, not at the Greyhound in downtown Amarillo. If you don’t have a way to get where your approved address is then, you take the Greyhound.
As to his release, it’s basically just a smaller version of what we go through when we’re released from prison. Everything has to line up just right before they’ll turn you loose and you have remember that you’re dealing with people who get things done from 8 am to 5 pm, Mon-Fri. There’s more than one person involved in the release process and sometimes, these things take time.
Don’t stress so hard. He’ll get out. If push comes to shove, let him come home on Greyhound. It would save you a 10 hour drive, a lot money for gas and the miles put on your car.
dtmom2013 (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I'm so glad he's finished! Please keep me updated. My son is to be released the end of March.