Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information Topics, Discussions and Information related to California Prison Inmates who are about to be, or have been transfered to prisons out of State.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:33 PM

Default Can Inmates Choose Which Jail to go to?

This guy I know told me he's moving back to California where he used to stay before he was moved to another state due to over crowd. He used to stay at a county jail out here in Cali. Anyone know if he would go to county jail the exact place he used to stay at or state prison? I'm confused
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2016, 11:21 PM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,956 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooflymami View Post
This guy I know told me he's moving back to California where he used to stay before he was moved to another state due to over crowd. He used to stay at a county jail out here in Cali. Anyone know if he would go to county jail the exact place he used to stay at or state prison? I'm confused
Impossible to say until he gets to where he's going. You can't choose your jail location.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:00 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,899 Posts

Generally speaking, no. They can put in requests within the state prison system for various reasons (for example if they have an elderly or terminally ill relative they might be able to get a transfer to a closer prison by request,) but the final say is up to the prison. Some inmates won't get that sort of thing granted (think SHU inmates at Pelican Bay.). Others may have an easy time of it (minimum or well-behaved medium security inmates.)
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 09-01-2016, 02:24 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,899 Posts

Also if he has already been sentenced to a state prison then he would stay in the state prison system UNLESS the reason he is being brought back to California is due to a new charge in California.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas