Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Indiana that do not fit into any other Indiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:14 AM

Default How to find out charges Putnamville

My stepdad was moved from Putnamville to Indiana State in Michigan City 6/9/17. He got 90 days solitary before he transferred, lost his good behavior time, and new sentencing pending. How do I find out what crime he committed? He won't tell us. Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2017, 09:22 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,249 Times in 15,256 Posts

Inside charges or outside charges? He's the only one that can tell you the nature of any inside charges / write-ups...the facility isn't going to tell you. If its outside charges, its public record and you can go to the Courthouse in the county of the charges and read the file (free).

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-17-2017, 09:40 AM

Thank you so much Patchouli. They are inside charges. We were afraid that we would have no way of finding out.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:47 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,249 Times in 15,256 Posts

You're welcome I hope he is forthcoming and honest about what happened. Maybe he needs time to think about & process what he's done and the consequences he's been dealt.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-17-2017, 02:00 PM

Thanked 1,060 Times in 510 Posts

If he gets convicted of additional charges you can find out what the additional charges were. On the offender locator web it will list what they were convicted off the addional charges and show his new time out date. It won't say where the additional charges came from and you won't get details on what happened. If he just lost behavior time it won't say that. One of the guys my son was in Putnamville with was convicted of assault which ended up showing on the end mate locator and it also showed a gang enhancement.
The Following User Says Thank You to tigrldy For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-17-2017)