Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information Topics, Discussions and Information related to California Prison Inmates who are about to be, or have been transfered to prisons out of State.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:46 AM

Hello ladies:
I would like info anything would be helpful. My husband was transferred here from California last week. I know I won't be able to see him anytime soon but I wanna be ready as soon as I'm able.
How does visiting process work, or where can I get info on that & also any info on the phones.

Thank u!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2014, 02:52 AM

Hi,

Just wanting some updated info on visitations prior to the ones already mentioned. How early am I able to book a visitation? I'm trying to visit mid-august. I'm coming from Canada, used to live in Cali, my Fiance got sent to TCCF not too long ago, it'll be my first time here. Hotels? Best car rental company? Closest and safest? Which route to take? Dress code? Also, what phone company for collect is used? Would appreciate any updated info, thanks!
Old 08-19-2014, 07:00 PM

Default HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hi girls..I'm new to both this site and being in a relationship with an inmate.

I'm going to get to the point I've been trying to make my appt. To go see my hubby for about a week I've left several messages with no response am I calling the right number?? Or who do i need to speak to
Please help! I'm getting extremely frustrated. -pris
Old 08-20-2014, 05:58 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmiller14 View Post
Hi girls..I'm new to both this site and being in a relationship with an inmate.

I'm going to get to the point I've been trying to make my appt. To go see my hubby for about a week I've left several messages with no response am I calling the right number?? Or who do i need to speak to
Please help! I'm getting extremely frustrated. -pris
The prison is currently on a lockdown. Unfortunately, this happens often in all prisons. When there is a lockdown at TCCF they do not take visiting requests. You will know it is over when your husband calls you and then you can call again and set your appointment.

Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
Old 08-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan12011 View Post
Hello ladies:
I would like info anything would be helpful. My husband was transferred here from California last week. I know I won't be able to see him anytime soon but I wanna be ready as soon as I'm able.
How does visiting process work, or where can I get info on that & also any info on the phones.

Thank u!
This thread has a lot of useful visiting info and it is all still current. 662-345-2115 is the visiting number and they will be your first stop to make sure you are an approved visitor, tell you all about clothes, etc. Be sure you get the apt before you book air because appointment space is limited. No matter where you are coming from you will fly into the Memphis airport and drive for 1 1/2 hour to Clarksdale MS and get your motel. I stay at the Comfort Inn myself. Good Luck!

Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
Old 08-20-2014, 10:02 AM
patiently waiting

Hey girls I have a question how do u know if u are approved or not. I was waiting on the approval from the cdcr when he was still in Cali. Thanks
Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznessgal2 View Post
The prison is currently on a lockdown. Unfortunately, this happens often in all prisons. When there is a lockdown at TCCF they do not take visiting requests. You will know it is over when your husband calls you and then you can call again and set your appointment.

Thank you very much. I actually got through to someone today..sure enough could not make an appointment. Do you know how long these lockdown s are?.and is there anyway I can contact him?
Old 08-23-2014, 02:18 PM

Exclamation Disapproved visits in california....he got transferred out of state.. help!

ok so I don't want any negative comments...so my man was in centinela state prison in cali...he got transferred to la palma cc in Arizona for a few weeks... now he just got transferred to Tallahatchie in Mississippi... so when he was at centinela we got our visits disapproved..for me being stupid and bringing drugs into prison grounds. (weed) I didnt get charged with it yet charges are pending against me...but they found joint roaches in my car and with that since I was already on prison grounds they charged me with that...but they didn't find anything else....long story short this happened july 6th 2014 and I even went to the county for a few days but I didn't go to court or anything I got released like 2 or 3 days later .....anyways since this happened in cali...would I be able to fill out a visitation form for the CCA and be real about my arrest history and maybe get approved or at least try to appeal this or whatever? I know I made a HUGE mistake ive learned my lesson..and NO MY MAN DID NOT ASK ME TO BRING HIM THIS...HE WASNT EVEN EXPECTING A SURPRISE VISIT FROM ME THAT DAY!! but if ANYONE has done this or know someone I need info ASAP.....I want to marry my man....please he has 3 years and a half left to go ,, and info is greatly appreciated
Old 08-23-2014, 02:25 PM

Thanked 5,959 Times in 3,104 Posts

I'm sorry but I doubt you'll get visits anywhere he is sent. If your out on bond you could get in more trouble. Sorry
Old 08-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,695 Times in 2,861 Posts

Since he's still a CA inmate who is still in a facility that houses CA inmates, what you did along with your having your visiting privileges terminated, no you won't be able to visit him at another location. You can try writing the warden but I wouldn't expect to hear anything from it.

Granted, all states are different but a friend of mine was visiting her son in a KY prison. When she to to the guard shack she remembered her phone in her bra. They let her take it back to her car, but they didn't let her in to see her son either. In fact, 2 years and 3 prisons later, she still is on the ban list.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,491 Times in 11,919 Posts

Get a copy of the visitor's application from the new prison to see what information they are asking you to provide. Since it is privately owned, it will be up to their rules if you can visit or not. Here is a link to their visitor's information page.
http://cca.com/Media/Default/documen...ion%20Page.pdf
Old 08-23-2014, 05:26 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
i'm sorry but i doubt you'll get visits anywhere he is sent. If your out on bond you could get in more trouble. Sorry
actually no im not out on bail....thank u very much!!!!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:30 PM

Red face

[quote=fbopnomore;7354147]Get a copy of the visitor's application from the new prison to see what information they are asking you to provide. Since it is privately owned, it will be up to their rules if you can visit or not. Here is a link to their visitor's information page.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING BECAUSE I NEVER EVEN GOT CHARGED WITH IT NEITHER DID I GET TO GO TO COURT...SO I WILL SEND OUT A VISITORS REQUEST AND SEE WHERE IT TAES ME FROM THERE I HOPE IM ABLE TO SEE MY MAN SOON!
fbopnomore (08-24-2014)
Old 08-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

The only real difference in bond and bail is who put up the money. They both still have pretty much the same restrictions.

Something else for you to think about...the conditions of bail, pretrial (if charges are indeed filed) and probation will not allow you to leave the state or even county without permission.

Good luck to you.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:41 PM

Smile

OK JUST TO VERIFY,,, I DID MY TIME...IM NOT OUT ON BAIL BOND OR WHATEVER.... THE CHARGES WERENT FILED THEY ARE PENDING AND IM SURE ANY WONT BE FILED BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANY EVIDENCE AGAINST ME...PLUS I HAVE MY MEDICAL MARIJUANA RECOMMENDATION FROM A DOCTOR (BECAUSE THEY FOUND JOINT ROACHES) SO THATS WHY I GOT CHARGED WITH BRINGING DRUGS ONTO PRISON GROUNDS....P.S JUST FYI I LIVE IN CALI... IM GONNA HAVE HIM SEND A VISITNG FORM JUST SO I CAN APPEAL IT AND FIGURE THIS MESS OUT. THANK YOU!!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry, I misread your response above. I thought it said you were on bail not bond. My apologies.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:09 AM

Thanked 1,717 Times in 908 Posts

Hey. Just another note here. Most times they ask for any arrest, even if it did not result in time or charges. I would include it on the application (I have not seen a CCA application but I'm assuming they go by california rules?). Then they usually give you a place to give more information. Send a copy of your medical marijuana recommendations from the DR and make sure you state you were not caught bringing it in or had any intention of bringing it in but because of traveling all your belongings were in the car for a road trip. And that even though in california it is allowed for medical purposes you will not bring it onto prison grounds as lesson has been learned, it is such a grey line with it all. I would be a bit hesitant to leave it out altogether because they would have more reason for denial if it shows up on records. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

And there could be a note about it in his file that was transferred with him.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:17 PM

Thanked 5,959 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBullet357 View Post
OK JUST TO VERIFY,,, I DID MY TIME...IM NOT OUT ON BAIL BOND OR WHATEVER.... THE CHARGES WERENT FILED THEY ARE PENDING AND IM SURE ANY WONT BE FILED BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANY EVIDENCE AGAINST ME...PLUS I HAVE MY MEDICAL MARIJUANA RECOMMENDATION FROM A DOCTOR (BECAUSE THEY FOUND JOINT ROACHES) SO THATS WHY I GOT CHARGED WITH BRINGING DRUGS ONTO PRISON GROUNDS....P.S JUST FYI I LIVE IN CALI... IM GONNA HAVE HIM SEND A VISITNG FORM JUST SO I CAN APPEAL IT AND FIGURE THIS MESS OUT. THANK YOU!!
JUST SO YOU KNOW I have a prescription for oxycotin ITS STILL ILLEGAL to bring it to a prison. Read the laws on introducing contraband into a corrections facility!! Don't ya think that by getting arrested you were indeed doing wrong? Whatever you do I'm just glad I'm not you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
LillyVphoenix (08-24-2014), Monkey Mookie (08-24-2014)
Old 08-31-2014, 02:17 AM

Default visiting in September?

Im visitin from wi taking a greyhound to clarksdale ms anyone visiting the weekend of the 5th please let me kno its my first time visiting im nervous itd be nice to carpool maybe n talk before n after visiting id feel safer i think lol any hotel recommendations? I dont have much money so i could use the help.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugasuga2019
Im visitin from wi taking a greyhound to clarksdale ms anyone visiting the weekend of the 5th please let me kno its my first time visiting im nervous itd be nice to carpool maybe n talk before n after visiting id feel safer i think lol any hotel recommendations? I dont have much money so i could use the help.
I
Hi I'm from California visiting in nov, I've never been there before either. I found a motel in clarksdale called hicks motel 35/night 20 min from the prison. I'm just looking for the cheapest rates since I have to fly and rent a car too. Hope that helps
Old 09-08-2014, 03:41 PM

Heeey!!! I dont think I would stay at Hicks. I think thats the one where people have been robbed. Check their reviews before you go. I always stay in Southaven. Gives me a peace of mind & I'll make the hour or so drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan12011 View Post
I
Hi I'm from California visiting in nov, I've never been there before either. I found a motel in clarksdale called hicks motel 35/night 20 min from the prison. I'm just looking for the cheapest rates since I have to fly and rent a car too. Hope that helps
Old 09-08-2014, 06:45 PM

[quote="dachosen1"]Heeey!!! I dont think I would stay at Hicks. I think thats the one where people have been robbed. Check their reviews before you go. I always stay in Southaven. Gives me a peace of mind & I'll make the hour or so drive. [/QUOTE

Omg, Thank u so much for that piece of advice. I will do just that. 😉
Old 09-08-2014, 07:51 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Winner 2014 

Donation Award 

Hernando has decent hotels, is a good area, and is about 15 minutes closer to the prison than Southaven.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:06 AM

[quote="choochamy"]Hernando has decent hotels, is a good area, and is about 15 minutes closer to the prison than Southaven.[/QUOTE

Thanks so much for the info. I will look that up as well.