Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Indiana that do not fit into any other Indiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:35 PM

Default Husband is in Madison CCC

So in 2012 my husband (at the time he was my boyfriend) and I were pretty bad off into drugs. We were staying with a friend. We ended up arguing and I pushed him and slapped him, he bit me and he had my phone. He always carried my phone when we went on walks, and he thought he didn't have it. The giel we lived with called the cops, I felt forced to make a statement because they were threatening Child Services, and I didn't know if they really would, if it was a bluff or what, so I made a statement. I called the police station and said I didn't want to press charges but they told me it wss up to the state. The judge ordered a 72 hour extension to come up with a charge? I bonded him out before the 72 hours. We decided to move to my mom's in Illinois. Go to rehab, counseling and get our life together. Fast forward to 2016, my husband got arrested in Illinois after being pulled over. Was taken to jail for his warrant out of Indiana. Indiana comes and gets him. He's now sitting in Madison CCC with no bail (not surprised by this), and facing a C felony for criminal confinement with bodily harm. He has a public defender. Would like to get him a lawyer, but I can't afford one as I lost over half my income and we have two kids. I've never been into trouble so I'm not sure what to expect. His omnibus date is March 26.
Pre trial April 4
And jury trial may 17.

When should I expect them to offer a plea deal?
What kind of deal do they usually offer? (I've only found cases which included many more charges as well)
Would he benefit from taking it to trial?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2016, 05:43 AM

Thanked 1,059 Times in 510 Posts

Panda, were the charges for the incident with you and are they going to want to call you to testify? I'm in Marion Co so experience I have would be out of that County not Madison. Sometimes the less congested counties move quicker. For Marion Co that quick of a resolution would be really fast. The usually overcharge but these are questions his attorney would be able to answer much better. I know it's tough but another thing is be careful discussing anything regarding the case on the phone. Remember what they say at the beginning of a call that calls are recorded. That is true and if you say anything incriminating they can use it.

Right now our forum isn't really busy and it's rare to get information on the jail systems and how they work so you may not get a lot of information. Hang in there and good luck to both of you.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:14 PM

They usually make a plea, but depending on how many times he has been in trouble with the law and what other charges will depend on the plea bargain..
Old 04-08-2016, 06:13 PM

My brother is in there on attempted murder and other charges. Really serious but he suffers from a previous undiagnosed mental disorder and he had a psychotic break that is stil overwhelming to think about . He was given a plea offer about 4 months after being arrested. He was overcharged so the plea was better than what he was facing but he's still going to do a lot of time. The public defender did next to nothing so if u can afford an attorney it will probably help a lot. Good luck!