Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:57 PM

Default Visits, phone & commissary taken for 90 days, but he has them. Can I visit?

So my husband just got out the hole about a week ago he was only in there for 2 weeks but they told him he got his visits, phone & commissary taken for 90 days. But so so far he still has everything & Iím planning on going to see him in exactly 2 weeks... But Iím scared that once I get there they wonít let me visit. Has anyone ever gone through a similar situation?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2018, 10:38 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,115 Times in 11,744 Posts

If his visits have been removed for 90 days, you won't be able to visit him during that period. You can call the prison and ask if he will be allowed to have visits on the day you plan to go, but even if they forgot to block them, he could get into more trouble if you do.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:26 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,358 Times in 3,945 Posts

If he has lost visits for 90 days then you won't be able to visit. Get him to speak to his counsellor and see when the ban will be lifted and plan a visit for then. 90 days may seem a long time but it isnt really.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
kaysizzle (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
If he has lost visits for 90 days then you won't be able to visit. Get him to speak to his counsellor and see when the ban will be lifted and plan a visit for then. 90 days may seem a long time but it isnt really.

The problem is he still has everything they havenít blocked anything. So thatís why Iím not too sure on when I can go.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:18 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,115 Times in 11,744 Posts

He can find out his actual restrictions from his counselor. If he was told he couldn't do something for 90 days, and he does that anyway, that can be a big problem for him. bop staff never makes/admits mistakes, but inmates always do.

If his counselor tells him you can visit, that's one thing, but assuming otherwise could easily end up with much longer restrictions than 90 days.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
He can find out his actual restrictions from his counselor. If he was told he couldn't do something for 90 days, and he does that anyway, that can be a big problem for him. bop staff never makes/admits mistakes, but inmates always do.

If his counselor tells him you can visit, that's one thing, but assuming otherwise could easily end up with much longer restrictions than 90 days.

Okay thanks for your help!
The Following User Says Thank You to kaysizzle For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-14-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 02:08 PM

Default 90 days

And although it may be difficult to impossible, if the counselor says "yes," tell him to get it in writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRC85MRC For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-15-2018), kaysizzle (04-15-2018)