Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Illinois Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 06-20-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOVANDO View Post

I got an email on my yahoo account saying I have a message approved but when I logged into GTL, no message.

If it says "approved message" that means whatever you have sent to him has been approved to be delivered - is that maybe what you're referring to?

God GTL is driving me nuts. I've never seen a lag so bad.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post
If it says "approved message" that means whatever you have sent to him has been approved to be delivered - is that maybe what you're referring to?

God GTL is driving me nuts. I've never seen a lag so bad.
It’s not specific. I get the same message, regardless of who sends the message.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:21 PM

The wait on the weekends to get in can take FOREVER lately. If you’re there around 9:30 you’ll get in before 2:15. At 2:15 they stop letting people in u til 3:15 for shift change. Then at 4:15 again there’s no movement til count is over (can be til 5pm). At 9:30 you might wait an hour or two which would get you in around 11:30 and you’ll be there for pics. Just really depends on the crowd that day and how painfully slow the COs are if you get I. Right at 9:30 you won’t be there for pics.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meami1 View Post
The wait on the weekends to get in can take FOREVER lately. If you’re there around 9:30 you’ll get in before 2:15. At 2:15 they stop letting people in u til 3:15 for shift change. Then at 4:15 again there’s no movement til count is over (can be til 5pm). At 9:30 you might wait an hour or two which would get you in around 11:30 and you’ll be there for pics. Just really depends on the crowd that day and how painfully slow the COs are if you get I. Right at 9:30 you won’t be there for pics.
Does it matter I should get 6 hours? I don’t want to show up at 9.30 and not get in for 5 hours (that seems a little wild, tho I may be misunderstanding you) and then only have 3 hours to visit... :/ or wait you’re saying if I’m there at 9.30, I should get in by 11.30 which should put me in for pix? Is the visiting room tiny or are there just a billion people coming out lately?
Old 06-22-2019, 05:32 PM

I once waited 3 hours to get in. A few times 2 hours, and a few times over an hour. Just depends on the crowd that goes that day. First weekend of the month seems to be worse than others. I forgot you’ll have a longer visit though. They also JUST added another computer at the front desk so they hopefully get us in faster. When are you planning your trip again?
The Following User Says Thank You to Meami1 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meami1 View Post
I once waited 3 hours to get in. A few times 2 hours, and a few times over an hour. Just depends on the crowd that goes that day. First weekend of the month seems to be worse than others. I forgot you’ll have a longer visit though. They also JUST added another computer at the front desk so they hopefully get us in faster. When are you planning your trip again?

I'll be there the second weekend of August.

I hope they don't cut the approved extended visits down if there's a big wait - you know how they cut visits shorter when there's a crowd I guess? I'd be so like.. upset to have travelled 900 miles to get 4 hours and not 6. I mean, I'll enjoy it, and hell, most people don't even get 4 hours.. but ya know..
Old 07-07-2019, 09:18 PM

Went to visit my husband today and again had to wait 2 hours to register. Those COs are getting lazy!!!! They have 2 damn computers yet only use 1. They have 2 officers working the front desk but for some reason neither one can multi task. I personally think they do that shit on purpose. What’s more frustrating is when there’s 3 and they STILL can’t move there ass.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:29 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOVANDO View Post
Went to visit my husband today and again had to wait 2 hours to register. Those COs are getting lazy!!!! They have 2 damn computers yet only use 1. They have 2 officers working the front desk but for some reason neither one can multi task. I personally think they do that shit on purpose. What’s more frustrating is when there’s 3 and they STILL can’t move there ass.
WTF that’s ridiculous. Was the visiting room packed??

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 07-08-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
WTF that’s ridiculous. Was the visiting room packed??
Visiting room was not packed. They had several open tables. There wasn’t even a lot of people at the front to sign in for visit. I wonder if we can complain about that???
The Following User Says Thank You to BOVANDO For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 05:14 PM

Do they have lockers in there where I can keep my phone? I’d hate to leave it in my car so it gets all hot

Also, is parking far from the visitors entrance? Is the entrance clearly marked?
Old 07-10-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Do they have lockers in there where I can keep my phone? I’d hate to leave it in my car so it gets all hot

Also, is parking far from the visitors entrance? Is the entrance clearly marked?
When you drive in the visitor parking is to your right. And unfortunately you cannot take your cell phone inside. If they see it they will make you go back to leave it in your car. Lockers are free
ILLINOIS.PAL (07-14-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 05:00 PM

Does anyone know what times and days they do the pictures at?

At first I thought it was Saturday from 2:30-5:30 and Wednesday from 8:30-11:30 but not I’m being told Wednesday 11:30-?? My MWI doesn’t know bc he hardly ever gets visits, and those that he gets he doesn’t take pix with.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:33 PM

Ok nvm I figured hours out

how do the debit card machines work? is it like an atm? does it take cash only for the card? or can i use a card to get a debit card??? how much should i put on it for 5 days worth of lunch?
Old 08-05-2019, 03:03 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Ok nvm I figured hours out

how do the debit card machines work? is it like an atm? does it take cash only for the card? or can i use a card to get a debit card??? how much should i put on it for 5 days worth of lunch?
Bring a five dollar bill to buy the card, then after it pops out you can use wby form of bills to load. I’ll email you back more, but in case anyone else reads this the food is shit, but they love the jalapeño burger and spicy chicken sandwiches. They are 6.50 each, drinks are 2 something, coffee is 1.50ish and desserts and chips range from 2-5 each. I typically spend $20 a visit but mainly cuz Jesse won’t eat alone so I have to buy for me too. Dont lose the card, and you can always load more every day. But remember only bring in the cash you’re loading or you’ll have to put back in your car. Car keys and your 2 id’s ONLY can come in. You can bring a cardigan or sweater in case it’s cold but wear it thru the search process and take off once you’re at the table. Pee before you go in for search so you’re bladder is empty and you don’t waste visit time. Do not peer anywhere around 230-330 or you might get stuck for shift change. If you’re still thinking about the gum just chew away until search then swallow so you’re breath is fresh. And if you guys drink the same shot you’ll have the same breath and it’ll be FINE!!!! He will not care at all! Trust me. Umm what else... dont wear a white top, or white anything. They can be quite picky about what’s see thru or not. Omg are you excited!!

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 08-05-2019, 11:05 PM

At Dixon DEFINITELY bring a sweater it is absolutely freezing in the visiting room. I even regretted wearing sandals or a dress cus by the end of the visit I would be shivering. I know you wanna look cute though. But it’s for real freezing lol.
I always brought my wallet in @ Dixon, and locked it in the locker. They didn’t ever say anything. Some people bring small SMALL purses etc. I only ever saw them make you put your cellphone back in the car. You can spit out your gum in the search room they have a garbage can in there. As Jesses girl said - DO NOT wear white. They make you change it just about every time. Good luck! Hope it all goes well!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meami1 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (08-06-2019), jessesgirl1111 (08-06-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
Bring a five dollar bill to buy the card, then after it pops out you can use wby form of bills to load.

Girl what does wby mean? So I can't use a credit card after the initial $5?
Old 08-06-2019, 09:25 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Girl what does wby mean? So I can't use a credit card after the initial $5?
Any** my bad. Cash only no cards.

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (08-06-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 11:11 AM

Thanked 1,027 Times in 458 Posts

When you get home after first visit, always always always write on the vending card your last name, or first name or someway to identify it.

Where my son is (not Dixon) if you ever forget your card in the machine, some other visitors are less then honest shall we just say. I take a child who while old enough to use the vending machines once forgot it in the machine and it was ripped off...made my grandson cry....so we always put his name in laundry marker on the card now. This was years ago but he was still quite unhappy.
The Following User Says Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (08-06-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 11:23 AM

Are there chairs in the waiting room? (I think there are - sorry, I'm frazzled). And do I have to stand in a line for any reason for a long (10+ minutes) time?
Old 08-11-2019, 05:12 PM

Dixon is great
Old 08-11-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Dixon is great

Someone’s happy! Did you stay til closing?
jessesgirl1111 (08-11-2019)
Old 08-11-2019, 06:56 PM

I did yesterday. Today I was out around 4.40p with a bunch of other people. Closing/late is where it’s at bc the make out sessions

The Following User Says Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (08-11-2019)
Old 08-11-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I did yesterday. Today I was out around 4.40p with a bunch of other people. Closing/late is where it’s at bc the make out sessions
lol
Old 08-15-2019, 08:55 AM

Ok so I LOVED Dixon. I recognized most of the female staff from my video visits, so it was nice to see them and chat with them in person.

Saturday I got there around 10am and it took about an hour to get back. The PVI form was real quick to update on their part. The lockers were intimidating but I had the lock down by the 2nd day.

The card machines - easy to use if you read the directions. BUT BE CAREFUL WITH THE VENDING MACHINES. I'd get up there and press the numbers a couple or three times and the machines would eat the money EACH TIME I did that but would only give me one of whatever I ordered. Man I was pissed.

Anyway, if you go on Saturday make sure you buy your food early because by the time we ate around 3p, they had almost no selections left. Pretty much everyone came in and bought food as soon as they got there and just sat with it on the table until their dudes were ready to eat.

Most of the COs are cool as hell. My bf and I spent our entire time with our hands all over each others hands, up and down each others arms, my hands up to his biceps - with no problems. I think Tuesday one of the COs saw my hands go past his wrist and came over and told me not to do that again.....

Also, do not put your feet on the chairs LOL they don't allow it.

The bathrooms - they have bathrooms in the visiting room. I was under the impression they were only in the waiting room. But nope. You just get up and ask the CO to unlock, you go in and do your thing, come back out and stand there for the CO to come pat you down. Some of the COs make you take off your shoes when you leave the restroom, some don't.

Pictures - your dude has to buy the coupons from commissary ahead of time. They take pix Saturdays around 2:30+, and then Wednesday from 9:30a+. On Saturday we got to do 6 poses, but Wednesday the guy (a different guy) only let us do 3. Once those pix are developed, the inmate gets them and can send them out to you to make a copy and send back.

Overall, I had the best time. I spent 5 days with my bf. We had 3 pre-approved 6 hour visits, 1 4 hour visit, and 1 3 hour visit. I liked getting there later in the day so we could ride out the visiting hours. At the end of the visit (and beginning) you get a hug and a kiss. Thankfully despite my leaving at 12p yesterday we still got a mini makeout session (by mini I mean maybe 15 seconds). I was able to touch his face and head while we kissed (I'm real big on that lol). Most of the COs are lenient about how much tongue you can slip - but there are a couple who are very strict about peck on the lips only.

I can't wait to visit again.... idk when it'll be, but... I'm gonna make it back out there. We spent 25 hours together and every minute was magic.

The Following User Says Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 09:22 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Ok so I LOVED Dixon. I recognized most of the female staff from my video visits, so it was nice to see them and chat with them in person.

Saturday I got there around 10am and it took about an hour to get back. The PVI form was real quick to update on their part. The lockers were intimidating but I had the lock down by the 2nd day.

The card machines - easy to use if you read the directions. BUT BE CAREFUL WITH THE VENDING MACHINES. I'd get up there and press the numbers a couple or three times and the machines would eat the money EACH TIME I did that but would only give me one of whatever I ordered. Man I was pissed.

Anyway, if you go on Saturday make sure you buy your food early because by the time we ate around 3p, they had almost no selections left. Pretty much everyone came in and bought food as soon as they got there and just sat with it on the table until their dudes were ready to eat.

Most of the COs are cool as hell. My bf and I spent our entire time with our hands all over each others hands, up and down each others arms, my hands up to his biceps - with no problems. I think Tuesday one of the COs saw my hands go past his wrist and came over and told me not to do that again.....

Also, do not put your feet on the chairs LOL they don't allow it.

The bathrooms - they have bathrooms in the visiting room. I was under the impression they were only in the waiting room. But nope. You just get up and ask the CO to unlock, you go in and do your thing, come back out and stand there for the CO to come pat you down. Some of the COs make you take off your shoes when you leave the restroom, some don't.

Pictures - your dude has to buy the coupons from commissary ahead of time. They take pix Saturdays around 2:30+, and then Wednesday from 9:30a+. On Saturday we got to do 6 poses, but Wednesday the guy (a different guy) only let us do 3. Once those pix are developed, the inmate gets them and can send them out to you to make a copy and send back.

Overall, I had the best time. I spent 5 days with my bf. We had 3 pre-approved 6 hour visits, 1 4 hour visit, and 1 3 hour visit. I liked getting there later in the day so we could ride out the visiting hours. At the end of the visit (and beginning) you get a hug and a kiss. Thankfully despite my leaving at 12p yesterday we still got a mini makeout session (by mini I mean maybe 15 seconds). I was able to touch his face and head while we kissed (I'm real big on that lol). Most of the COs are lenient about how much tongue you can slip - but there are a couple who are very strict about peck on the lips only.

I can't wait to visit again.... idk when it'll be, but... I'm gonna make it back out there. We spent 25 hours together and every minute was magic.
Look at you with your official ticket factory now. In La laaaa love :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (08-16-2019)