Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 10-18-2004, 08:16 PM

Default 12 Months for 7th DUI

I just looked on CCAP to see what my ex-boyfriend was sentenced for last Friday for his 7th drunk driving offense. He received 12 months in jail with Huber plus probation and only lost his D.L. for 36 months. Some people are just lucky I guess, also it pays to have a one heck of a lawyer. That just seemed so lenient in my opinion especially since he did more time 3 years ago for his last one, 18 months with huber, I thought for sure he would be sent to prison. Maybe this time hopefully he will learn his lesson and get some help.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2005, 10:16 PM

wow that is lucky. My man just got 3 years for his 5th dwi , and is now in prison.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:48 PM

Yeah hard to believe only 12 months for 7th offense... have a friend of mine who just got his 3rd offense and did 9 months plus 3 years probation.... just my opinion on this but if someones busted 3-5 times within 5 yrs i think they should sit because they obviously didnt learn!!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Against Fed Mandatory Min

What county did this happen in? I ask because there is a pilot program running for repeat offenders in some counties in WI that greatly lessens sentencing for people who agree to the program. What happens is if you agree to go through the program, you go through an intensive many month program where you have to be accountable daily for either group, individual counseling, meetings, or just to blow in a breathalyzer. If you successfully complete the program, you receive a minimum sentence, however, if you agree to sign up for the program and you fail it, you receive the maximum sentence. I think it is a great program. My father went through it on his 4th offense (on record since they counted lifetime, 6th altogether) and thanks to this program he got the help he needed and has been sober for 3 1/2 years now. It's about time that the state looked at true rehabilitation as a consequence for drunk driving. I think it should be a statewide program.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:18 PM

Glad to hear that it worked for your dad.... and yes it sounds like something that should be implamented throughout the state... and i dont have anything with people getting drunk... just need to be responsible about it and not drive.. As the posters say in bars.... A taxi fair is alot cheaper then a OWI or DUI
Old 12-27-2005, 08:33 PM

Anyone know what the penalty is in Racine Co. for a 5th offense? .05 BAC and no accident. Seven years since last offense. All since 1992.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:04 PM

I have been doing some research on DUI sentencing in Racine Co. It appears that they have a history of using the Zimmerman Consulting Group for pretrial monitoring and for post sentencing monitoring which if sucessful can either stay a prison sentence or reduce it significantly by only doing some huber. Turns out the other counties in WI are turning to the Zimmerman place in Racine to help model thier sentencing structures after Racine becasue it is working......
Old 01-14-2008, 08:38 AM

Wow,
Old 01-14-2008, 08:42 AM

Wow please tell me how that is possiable my boyfriend was on his 5th owi and now is being revoked cause he had a beer and he could only have a 0.02 BAC and now that he feel a sleep in the driver seat of our car that broke down when i went to get help cause he got cold he just got his 6th owi nad could be facing 5 years for that and he was told they wont run concurent is this true or will he just maybe face 5 years all together.... I know i found online that its anywhere from 6 months to 6 yrs for a 6th owi is this even true?
Old 01-14-2008, 09:53 AM
~~ Love you... Always ~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysMyWorld
Wow please tell me how that is possiable my boyfriend was on his 5th owi and now is being revoked cause he had a beer and he could only have a 0.02 BAC and now that he feel a sleep in the driver seat of our car that broke down when i went to get help cause he got cold he just got his 6th owi nad could be facing 5 years for that and he was told they wont run concurent is this true or will he just maybe face 5 years all together.... I know i found online that its anywhere from 6 months to 6 yrs for a 6th owi is this even true?

It sounds like you're really early on in his process. It really takes time and varies. Being revocated is separate from being sentenced for the new charge. They can do both at the same time.

And whether it runs concurrent or consecutive will be up to the sentencing judges.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:20 PM

My fiance was revoked, sat exactly one year in county jail waiting for the sentancing for the new charges that he was revoked for, got 30 months for that and the time he sat only counted for his revokation, not the new charges.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:27 AM

I'm so confused let me know if I get this right....
While he waited his new charges they only went towars the time he was for that year went twoards revokation....Not for the new charge that he was awaiting for he only got 30 months and they did not run together? Please let me know if I understand correctly..I'm new to this whole thing!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:21 AM

yes he was not revoked for an OWI but he was revoked. He sat one year in county jail until he was sentanced for the new charges. Then one week later he was sentanced for his revokation and the judge gave him 12 months consecutive to his prison sentance that he had received the week earlier. Since the whole time until his first sentancing he was in county jail on a PO hold,(and his probation and the new charges were out of seperate counties) that time went to the revokation. At the revokation sentanceing the DA made a point of telling the judge how to state the sentance so that no time would count for both.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:07 AM

So what county was this in and where are you from too?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:52 AM
~~ Love you... Always ~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysMyWorld

It probably doesn't matter where he was, it does vary by county and DA and judge and if you have a good attorney... too many factors really.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMansbaby View Post
I just looked on CCAP to see what my ex-boyfriend was sentenced for last Friday for his 7th drunk driving offense. He received 12 months in jail with Huber plus probation and only lost his D.L. for 36 months. Some people are just lucky I guess, also it pays to have a one heck of a lawyer. That just seemed so lenient in my opinion especially since he did more time 3 years ago for his last one, 18 months with huber, I thought for sure he would be sent to prison. Maybe this time hopefully he will learn his lesson and get some help.
If you dont mind me asking, what lawyer? My husband got his 8th and we feel hes looking at 6 plus years,,,today he notified me to get one.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerRae View Post
It probably doesn't matter where he was, it does vary by county and DA and judge and if you have a good attorney... too many factors really.
ok, thanks,,your post gave me some hope.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysMyWorld View Post
Washara
Old 01-31-2019, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,343 Times in 2,899 Posts

Welcome to PTO, SLaFrenier. I hope you're finding some of the information you're looking for.

Just a quick note that the date each post was made is shown in the upper left corner of each post. Some information in the older posts may be outdated. If you want to create a new thread, you can go to the main page of each forum, and just above where the posts are is a button that says "new thread". You can create your own thread there that might receive replies with more current information.

Sorry you need us, glad you found us. Take some time to poke around the rest of the site - there's a lot of support to be had here.