Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Donation Award 

Default ~Welcome to the Missouri DOC-What You Need to Know Forum~

This forum is great for asking any question relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections.

Pretty much anything that has anything to do with the MODOC can go here! Feel free to ask whatever you want concerning them. We have lots of experience here and are willing to try and answer whatever you ask! If we don't know, we will find out!

Remember...the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!
Every question is important to the person asking it! So, ask away....
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 07:42 PM

Default would like some info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
This forum is great for asking any question relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections.

Pretty much anything that has anything to do with the MODOC can go here! Feel free to ask whatever you want concerning them. We have lots of experience here and are willing to try and answer whatever you ask! If we don't know, we will find out!

Remember...the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!
Every question is important to the person asking it! So, ask away....
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what magazines are approved for inmates
thanks
Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM
jc3

I have a few question's I am hoping someone can answer , how do we get phone service set up so my son can call me and his wife? also how much money and how soon can money be put on his book's. and the last question is how long will he serve on a 7yr sentence this is his time to ever be in trouble and he was violated for being kicked off drug court ?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Donation Award 

If you are not in a hurry to "set up" phone service, just write to him and tell him to call you. Accept the charges and they will appear on your next phone bill. It's a dollar to connect and a dime a minute. You can send him money after he sends you a deposit slip. You will need the deposit slip and a money order. It tells you on the deposit slip to send it to an address in Jefferson City. Read the instructions on the deposit slip carefully. Sorry, can't answer your next question.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Donation Award 

Default Magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholman View Post
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what magazines are approved for inmates
thanks
Don't send magazines or books. They can only have the materials that they themselves send away for.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:24 PM

does anyone know how the parole board is going on technical violators
Old 09-29-2010, 09:19 AM
jc3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardt View Post
If you are not in a hurry to "set up" phone service, just write to him and tell him to call you. Accept the charges and they will appear on your next phone bill. It's a dollar to connect and a dime a minute. You can send him money after he sends you a deposit slip. You will need the deposit slip and a money order. It tells you on the deposit slip to send it to an address in Jefferson City. Read the instructions on the deposit slip carefully. Sorry, can't answer your next question.

Thank you ,my problem is I only have a cell phone, so I need to set it up where he can call me on it.But thank you...
Old 09-29-2010, 07:42 PM

1-888-288-9879... call that number and u can set up a account that way...

The Following User Says Thank You to AngelGirl4u74 For This Useful Post:
Hardt (09-29-2010)
Old 09-30-2010, 05:52 AM

My husband receives magazine subscriptions that I purchased for him... Mother Earth News and Backwoods Home.
The Following User Says Thank You to FreshStart2 For This Useful Post:
Hardt (10-01-2010)
Old 09-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Donation Award 

That is so weird. I sent a mystery book to my guy. I went to Barnes and Noble and they ordered it direct from the warehouse to be sent to him. When it arrived at SECC they would not let him have it and told him he had two choices: send it back or donate it to the prison library. I used to be able to send materials to him when he was at the Justice Center, but SECC won't allow it.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:42 PM

Default treatment after being transferred

my dad just got transferred to Bonne Terre. He was in honors status when he left the other prison. he is being held in the hole with nothing but underwear and socks.
My mom is really upset that he has to stay in bed to stay warm.
He is upset because he doesn't have his bible and rosary.
How long will it be before he can have his personal things again? How long is the transition period before he gets assigned to a housing unit?
I was just wondering if anyone had any info.
thanks.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadskid View Post
my dad just got transferred to Bonne Terre. He was in honors status when he left the other prison. he is being held in the hole with nothing but underwear and socks.
My mom is really upset that he has to stay in bed to stay warm.
He is upset because he doesn't have his bible and rosary.
How long will it be before he can have his personal things again? How long is the transition period before he gets assigned to a housing unit?
I was just wondering if anyone had any info.
thanks.
My son was sent to Bonne Terre 3 weeks ago, so he is in the reception area for 30-60 days. When he was transferred there they took everything thing he had ( actually just in todays mail I received a box from ERDCC, which had a nasty t-shirt, a pair of socks, & a pair of boxer underware, (they were so dingy ), his bible & scriptures ).
My understanding on the "prison side" they are full, so I have no idea how long it will be before he is assigned to his housing. I suggest calling them @ 573-358-4412 . They have always answered all the questions I've had every time I call.
Why would they put him in the hole when he was just transferred?
I wish him the best of luck, if I can help in any way, feel free to PM me.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM

My Son Got tranfered to St. Lousi Community Release center Does anyone know anything about This Place, Is It Safe. I am So Worried Becaue I Have Heard Things Like Other Prisoners would start fights, They can come and go as they please, I heard that they bring drugs in there and hide it in other people"s rooms without the other person knowing it so that person gets into trouble, For The Other Person, If They Say It Wasn"t Their The The Person That It Belongs To Would Beat The Person That Told Up. So Many Other Things , Are They Any Place He Can go That He Can Feel Safe So That He Can Stay Out Of Trouble. All He Wants To Do Is Get A Job And Get On With Job, But Its So Hard If These People Are Going To Bring Him Down., He Wasnts To Save Up So He Can Get His Own Place. Do You Know Of A Place He Can Go That Is Better Even If He Has To Pay.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Pitts' Girl

Exclamation getting married in the ERDCC...

OK so I have a fiance in the ERDCC and I was wanting to find out how we go about getting married and if we can get rings or what...please help me
Old 04-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Pitts' Girl

Exclamation getting married in the ERDCC...

OK so I have a fiance in the ERDCC and I was wanting to find out how we go about getting married and if we can get rings or what...please help me
Old 06-04-2014, 09:10 AM

Can I have books sent from Barnes & Noble or somewhere else to MECC? Please help if anyone can. Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-11-2014, 01:21 AM

Call and ask the mail room, but that should be fine. I send from Amazon.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:43 AM
Donation Award 

I sent from Barnes and Noble but they told my guy he either had to send it back or donate it to the prison library. Why? Because he hadn't ordered it himself.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:36 PM

Smile S.E.C.C. Help

Hi I am new my name is Dorothy and currently my soon to be Husband is in S.E.C.C. he says once we are married I can apply for ssi does anyone know anything about this???
Also I am in Alabama and the account is long distance can anyone tell me I can find a cheaper phone services.
thank you so much if anyone can help thank you.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:23 PM

Default Trying to understand

My bf has been at F d r c for over 2 months they gave him 3 outdates the first one is Feb. 17 2016, but he also received a notice saying they were adding 200 plus days for being on the run. What does it all mean and how do I get an out date for sure
Old 02-25-2019, 01:22 PM

Default New to this kind of thing.

My boyfriend has been in Fulton for about 2 months now, he got sent to the hole, and I was told they don't get their tablets in the hole. But that they print off emails and take them and bring them to them? I have been writing letters, each day since he went there, but sent emails too, just wasn't sure if he would get the emails or not?