Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release or community service in Wisconsin should be posted here.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:47 PM

Unhappy Is it up to the judge when he becomes parole eligible or Wisconsin DOC?

My fiancée was sentenced to three- 5 years consecutive prison terms and 15 years probation for three felonie reckless endangering safety charges. The judge put in there that he is eligible for the substance abuse program after serving 10 years in prison. My question is, Is there a way to try to get the courts to move the eligible date sooner so he can cut more time off his sentence behind bars and moved to extended supervision. Is it up to the judge when he becomes eligible or the Wisconsin doc? They really don’t have a lot on the web about how they determine your eligible or even when you become eligible. The lawyer he had filed for an appeal and then just stepped down. I don’t know what kind of appeal or anything. Please help.

Last edited by Boopsy69; 01-10-2019 at 08:52 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2019, 09:01 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,221 Times in 15,746 Posts

Parole eligibility is spelled out in Wisconsin's Administrative Regulations. Here is a link to the Chpater for Parole Procedure - scroll down to PAC 1.05 Eligibility for release consideration.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/code/admin_code/pac/1

I'll move your thread to the WI forum Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-11-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 09:02 PM

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Boopsy69 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-10-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopsy69 View Post
My fiancée was sentenced to three- 5 years consecutive prison terms and 15 years probation for three felonie reckless endangering safety charges. The judge put in there that he is eligible for the substance abuse program after serving 10 years in prison. My question is, Is there a way to try to get the courts to move the eligible date sooner so he can cut more time off his sentence behind bars and moved to extended supervision. Is it up to the judge when he becomes eligible or the Wisconsin doc? They really don’t have a lot on the web about how they determine your eligible or even when you become eligible. The lawyer he had filed for an appeal and then just stepped down. I don’t know what kind of appeal or anything. Please help.
the unfortunate answer here is that he will have to serve 10 years as ordered by the judge before DOC decides to give him early release through substance abuse programming. The only way around this is for a sentence modification through the courts which is unlikely to happen. If there is a way to change consecutive sentencing to concurrent sentencing that would be a huge time cut in itself. But, that again is up to the judge to change.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to formerwisinmate For This Useful Post:
GingerM (03-03-2019), patchouli (03-03-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerwisinmate View Post
the unfortunate answer here is that he will have to serve 10 years as ordered by the judge before DOC decides to give him early release through substance abuse programming. The only way around this is for a sentence modification through the courts which is unlikely to happen. If there is a way to change consecutive sentencing to concurrent sentencing that would be a huge time cut in itself. But, that again is up to the judge to change.
Thank you for your response, unfortunately I wish it was better news but we are still hopeful for the appeal to go our way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Boopsy69 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-03-2019)