Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:05 AM

Default Anyone know what happens when the prison cancels your video visit

Hi I was supposed to have a visit tonight but it's been cancelled , it says on my news feed he cancelled it but my friend said that maybe it was the prison as he may be on lockdown, does anyone know if you get notified by email or anything if the prison cancels it, I know you dont if the inmate themselves do, I havent been able to contact him to ask either, thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2019, 06:39 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,195 Times in 15,734 Posts

I had a couple of video visits several years ago...so, I really can't answer with any certainty though I doubt the prison sends a notification, especially if the reason is a lockdown. Hopefully someone who has had a video visit cancelled by the prison will give us their experience.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 03-11-2019, 01:32 PM

I don't have experience with video visits, but I have had the experience of the prison canceling my husband's email access, and the notification I received said that it was the inmate who chose to remove me from his contact list. Not even remotely true -- everyone on his list got that same notification, and so everyone thought for a minute that it was he and not the facility who terminated the contact. It may not work the same for you guys, but I'm just throwing that our there that it is possible for the prison to mis-represent things that way.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:49 AM

Would love to know the answer to this question - I know that if you cancel within 24 hours of the visit they charge you anyway... but what if the prison cancels?
Old 03-12-2019, 09:10 PM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,191 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy1983 View Post
Hi I was supposed to have a visit tonight but it's been cancelled , it says on my news feed he cancelled it but my friend said that maybe it was the prison as he may be on lockdown, does anyone know if you get notified by email or anything if the prison cancels it, I know you dont if the inmate themselves do, I havent been able to contact him to ask either, thanks
I have experience with another state... But the visits would be cancelled if he was moved or lost privileges. So it could be because of lockdown, terminals broken, just about anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (03-13-2019)