Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 08-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 1,402
Thanks: 5,866
Thanked 1,502 Times in 754 Posts
Default Quick update

Howdy all... I don't know where the time runs but...it RUNS

He's been out a month tomorrow! He called me the minute he got out and we have been in touch pretty much daily....beyond happy about that! Without going into too many specifics, he's doing alright - has done a few handy jobs here and there, has a roof on top of his head, a car, a phone.... We are doing well, some days better than others; this freaking distance & time difference is sometimes hard, but we're trying to figure things out as we go (and kudos to him...he is so much better at this than I am). I haven't been able to book my visit yet (damn money issues!!!) but hopefully in the next couple of weeks...and my plan is to fly over in early October. Can't bloody wait!!

Sorry so short....will come back with more time when I can...just wanted to pop in and update a little bit. I hope you are all doing well...have a great day
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-03-2017), lolo21216 (08-22-2017), miamac (08-22-2017), MizzyMuffling (08-22-2017), smiles844 (08-22-2017), WeepingWillow (08-28-2017)
Sponsored Links
  #27  
Old 08-28-2017, 05:12 PM
WeepingWillow's Avatar
WeepingWillow WeepingWillow is offline
Southern Fried Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,600
Thanks: 2,683
Thanked 2,512 Times in 976 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Howdy all... I don't know where the time runs but...it RUNS

He's been out a month tomorrow! He called me the minute he got out and we have been in touch pretty much daily....beyond happy about that! Without going into too many specifics, he's doing alright - has done a few handy jobs here and there, has a roof on top of his head, a car, a phone.... We are doing well, some days better than others; this freaking distance & time difference is sometimes hard, but we're trying to figure things out as we go (and kudos to him...he is so much better at this than I am). I haven't been able to book my visit yet (damn money issues!!!) but hopefully in the next couple of weeks...and my plan is to fly over in early October. Can't bloody wait!!

Sorry so short....will come back with more time when I can...just wanted to pop in and update a little bit. I hope you are all doing well...have a great day
Glad to hear he's home and doing okay! I can only imagine the extra struggle of so much distance between you, but October will be here before you know it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WeepingWillow For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (08-29-2017)
  #28  
Old 08-28-2017, 05:42 PM
maytayah's Avatar
maytayah maytayah is offline
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England Uk
Posts: 4,902
Thanks: 4,540
Thanked 6,281 Times in 2,863 Posts
Default

Sarianna So happy to hear he is home and you guys are going strong. So hope you get your visit soon x
__________________
"Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again." Nelson Mandela.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (08-29-2017)
  #29  
Old 08-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 1,402
Thanks: 5,866
Thanked 1,502 Times in 754 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow View Post
Glad to hear he's home and doing okay! I can only imagine the extra struggle of so much distance between you, but October will be here before you know it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Sarianna So happy to hear he is home and you guys are going strong. So hope you get your visit soon x
Thank you ladies! Flights are booked....I will see him in five weeks
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
maytayah (08-29-2017), miamac (08-29-2017), WeepingWillow (08-29-2017)
  #30  
Old 08-29-2017, 11:48 AM
maytayah's Avatar
maytayah maytayah is offline
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England Uk
Posts: 4,902
Thanks: 4,540
Thanked 6,281 Times in 2,863 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Thank you ladies! Flights are booked....I will see him in five weeks
Wow I am so happy for you, I know you will have an amazing time.
__________________
"Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again." Nelson Mandela.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-03-2017), Sarianna (09-16-2017)
  #31  
Old 09-03-2017, 09:12 AM
a.rare.love's Avatar
a.rare.love a.rare.love is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California
Posts: 787
Thanks: 3,711
Thanked 450 Times in 333 Posts
Default

I am glad all is working out for you.SARIANNA...hola. hi chica! *waving hi in cyber.*

He sound like he is doing ok/good, and has a car already?That is a good thing to get around,easier ya know.(To find a job)even if not the best odd-job,or full time high pay job,still.just having his own $ coming in each week or bi-weekly is a great thing.

Aw so 5 weeks, that mean in Oct., you're going to see him?Are you staying how long? and is he again living with family or 1/2 way house type thing.get back when you're able,and again chica, i was thinking of you,and i said in the other thread here i read, you got back to me,(gracia) thank you, so much.i was so glad to hear things are coming along,and that is a great thing...Keep me and the pto members posted okay?Hugs -n- Blessings,so happy you're doing fine and he is too.Soon you will see him in Oct., so nice.Love it.
__________________
True/Real love wins each time. Lead with you MIND.(not your heart.)
-
-Halfway house-for 8 to 12 weeks.
Pero,will still have our cold winter nights.
#snuggling each wknd,til home.
-


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-16-2017)
  #32  
Old 09-16-2017, 11:51 PM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 1,402
Thanks: 5,866
Thanked 1,502 Times in 754 Posts
Default

Well... I have to post a pretty sad update this time. He was arrested this past week and the (drug) charges seem serious enough that I think he might be facing more time in. He was barely out seven weeks so...the addiction is very real, still. I had started feeling something was off but...I guess you just want to believe the best and try to stay positive - not easy to navigate a situation like this as we live across the world from each other.

I am heartbroken and don't really have the words right now to say more. My trip is coming along in three weeks....luckily I have friends in another state so I'll probably just fly to his state (that airfare is non-refundable) and get domestic flights from there....spend a week and a half with dear friends instead...try to enjoy some sun and the ocean.

Much love to you all - I'll probably be around more in the future again...I know how invaluable this community is for support and I know I will need it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
Bee143 (09-18-2017), CR2016 (09-17-2017), maytayah (09-17-2017), miamac (09-17-2017), MizzyMuffling (09-17-2017)
  #33  
Old 09-17-2017, 01:53 AM
MizzyMuffling's Avatar
MizzyMuffling MizzyMuffling is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: NC & Germany
Posts: 1,604
Thanks: 1,528
Thanked 1,913 Times in 932 Posts
Default

Please stay in touch! ❤️
__________________
Follow your heart but take your brain with you...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MizzyMuffling For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-18-2017)
  #34  
Old 09-17-2017, 02:49 AM
maytayah's Avatar
maytayah maytayah is offline
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England Uk
Posts: 4,902
Thanks: 4,540
Thanked 6,281 Times in 2,863 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Well... I have to post a pretty sad update this time. He was arrested this past week and the (drug) charges seem serious enough that I think he might be facing more time in. He was barely out seven weeks so...the addiction is very real, still. I had started feeling something was off but...I guess you just want to believe the best and try to stay positive - not easy to navigate a situation like this as we live across the world from each other.



I am heartbroken and don't really have the words right now to say more. My trip is coming along in three weeks....luckily I have friends in another state so I'll probably just fly to his state (that airfare is non-refundable) and get domestic flights from there....spend a week and a half with dear friends instead...try to enjoy some sun and the ocean.



Much love to you all - I'll probably be around more in the future again...I know how invaluable this community is for support and I know I will need it.


Oh sarianna I am so sorry to hear this update. Especially as you were so close to seeing each other. It's sounds like addiction still has a strong hold over him. Sadly there is nothing you can do he has to take responsibility yWe are all here for you when you need us. Still enjoy your trip to the USA it's a wonderful place. Sending you hugs x
__________________
"Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again." Nelson Mandela.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-18-2017)
  #35  
Old 09-17-2017, 04:53 AM
lolo21216 lolo21216 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 297
Thanks: 195
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Well... I have to post a pretty sad update this time. He was arrested this past week and the (drug) charges seem serious enough that I think he might be facing more time in. He was barely out seven weeks so...the addiction is very real, still. I had started feeling something was off but...I guess you just want to believe the best and try to stay positive - not easy to navigate a situation like this as we live across the world from each other.

I am heartbroken and don't really have the words right now to say more. My trip is coming along in three weeks....luckily I have friends in another state so I'll probably just fly to his state (that airfare is non-refundable) and get domestic flights from there....spend a week and a half with dear friends instead...try to enjoy some sun and the ocean.

Much love to you all - I'll probably be around more in the future again...I know how invaluable this community is for support and I know I will need it.
Sending love to you and hoping you enjoy your trip, sounds like you could use it; sun, beach and dear friends

Your update, sad as it is, really hits home with me. My MWI struggles with addiction, his last two incarcerations were robberies fueled by drug addiction, and I definitely worry he will come home only to end up back in prison a third time with a much longer sentence. It's scary but I'm trying to be hopeful, but also need to be realistic that this won't be easy. I guess in these situations you hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Sometimes I just feel helpless though, addiction is a monster.
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-18-2017)
  #36  
Old 09-18-2017, 10:10 AM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 1,402
Thanks: 5,866
Thanked 1,502 Times in 754 Posts
Default

Thanks for the love, everyone....means a lot. He's in court tomorrow so we'll see where he'll end up and for how long. I doubt he'll get in a program because of the felony charge....but one can always hope.

Lolo, I hope it goes better for your guy, I really do. I feel so very protective of you all here in the MWI shoes - just hoping for happy endings for each and every one of you...not necessarily "storybook happy endings", but just....normal life, after all the challenges...a normal life, you know?

I guess I need to drag my butt out of the homecoming thread and find another place to update
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (09-18-2017), maytayah (09-18-2017), miamac (09-19-2017), MizzyMuffling (09-18-2017)
  #37  
Old 09-19-2017, 11:48 AM
mauri23 mauri23 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 49
Thanks: 44
Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Regardless of the sad situation, look at yourself and try to enjoy the time over the pond nevertheless. That's for yourself. All the best!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mauri23 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-24-2017)
  #38  
Old 10-05-2017, 11:55 PM
bbrittanyrenee's Avatar
bbrittanyrenee bbrittanyrenee is offline
Israel's girl
 

Join Date: May 2016
Location: California, USA
Posts: 225
Thanks: 339
Thanked 235 Times in 104 Posts
Default

first off, i wanna apologize in advance if this is kinda all over the place. i didnít plan out what i wanted to write, kinda just gonna let it flow & see what happens lol
We met while he was in county jail & 17 months later...
I picked him up September 11th, we went to see his sister & nephews then we got a room & spent the night alone, Iíll spare you all the details.. weíre all adults & know how that went ... but after 17 months of behind glass (except 2 contact visits- one in April & one in May), I expected to be kinda nervous but I swear it was the most natural thing in the world. I normally donít like to cuddle while I sleep, but he was wrapped around me all night & I loved every second of it❤️

but yeah, itís awesome having him home. we both have some trust issues & other things we struggle with as individuals, & we need to learn to be more patient with each other lol but itís good. heís already working which is amazing, Iím so freakiní proud of him for coming home & being so determined to better his life this time around. & Im so glad I get to be by his side thru it. He lives at his sisterís because he canít stay where I live... but weíre hoping to have our own place by January. The downside to his work schedule is it doesnít leave us much down time to spend time together. but we both keep reminding each other that the struggles will be worth it in the end, & that if we could go thru him being in prison then we can get thru this too.


itís crazy because even though weíve been together almost a year & a half, with the majority of the relationship not only being in prison but behind glass, so where some stuff feels like weíve been together for years, other stuff feels like weíre a brand new couple lol so itís interesting. but weíre getting used to it.

my family loves him... I knew my mom, stepdad, & sister would... but I was worried that my grandparents (who I currently live with) would be super judgmental & not give him a chance. Thankfully, my fears were put to rest because they like him a lot!

His family & I are getting along better now that weíve spent time together, which is nice.

thereís still some stressful stuff though. like, things would be better if one of us had a car. but i canít drive for medical reasons, so once he gets a car (which should be in the next month or so because heís already saving money), things will be a bit easier.

Overall, Iíve honestly never been happier. Thereís still some obstacles to overcome, but I know we can get through it all together. Weíre learning to be more patient & understanding with each other, which we already were but itís a little different now that heís home so we have a little more to learn.

I would never do this again for anyone else on the planet, this was the craziest, scariest, most emotional 17 months of my life but every second was so worth it & Iím reminded of that every time he kisses me. ❤️
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bbrittanyrenee For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (10-06-2017), maytayah (10-06-2017), miamac (10-06-2017), Velvet_ (10-06-2017), WeepingWillow (10-06-2017)
  #39  
Old 10-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Velvet_ Velvet_ is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: France
Posts: 29
Thanks: 37
Thanked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrittanyrenee View Post
first off, i wanna apologize in advance if this is kinda all over the place. i didnít plan out what i wanted to write, kinda just gonna let it flow & see what happens lol
We met while he was in county jail & 17 months later...
I picked him up September 11th, we went to see his sister & nephews then we got a room & spent the night alone, Iíll spare you all the details.. weíre all adults & know how that went ... but after 17 months of behind glass (except 2 contact visits- one in April & one in May), I expected to be kinda nervous but I swear it was the most natural thing in the world. I normally donít like to cuddle while I sleep, but he was wrapped around me all night & I loved every second of it❤️

but yeah, itís awesome having him home. we both have some trust issues & other things we struggle with as individuals, & we need to learn to be more patient with each other lol but itís good. heís already working which is amazing, Iím so freakiní proud of him for coming home & being so determined to better his life this time around. & Im so glad I get to be by his side thru it. He lives at his sisterís because he canít stay where I live... but weíre hoping to have our own place by January. The downside to his work schedule is it doesnít leave us much down time to spend time together. but we both keep reminding each other that the struggles will be worth it in the end, & that if we could go thru him being in prison then we can get thru this too.


itís crazy because even though weíve been together almost a year & a half, with the majority of the relationship not only being in prison but behind glass, so where some stuff feels like weíve been together for years, other stuff feels like weíre a brand new couple lol so itís interesting. but weíre getting used to it.

my family loves him... I knew my mom, stepdad, & sister would... but I was worried that my grandparents (who I currently live with) would be super judgmental & not give him a chance. Thankfully, my fears were put to rest because they like him a lot!

His family & I are getting along better now that weíve spent time together, which is nice.

thereís still some stressful stuff though. like, things would be better if one of us had a car. but i canít drive for medical reasons, so once he gets a car (which should be in the next month or so because heís already saving money), things will be a bit easier.

Overall, Iíve honestly never been happier. Thereís still some obstacles to overcome, but I know we can get through it all together. Weíre learning to be more patient & understanding with each other, which we already were but itís a little different now that heís home so we have a little more to learn.

I would never do this again for anyone else on the planet, this was the craziest, scariest, most emotional 17 months of my life but every second was so worth it & Iím reminded of that every time he kisses me. ❤️
Thanks for sharing!!! <3 it's always so nice to read good stories like yours!! I wish you both luck and happiness and LOTS OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!
__________________





20 months of waiting
France > Mexico ...alone
Mexico > France ...together !
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velvet_ For This Useful Post:
bbrittanyrenee (10-06-2017), D.Sullivan (10-06-2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for some homecoming help Curlysue1 Coming Home 4 03-14-2012 02:39 PM
Our homecoming... yadi2007 Now That Your Loved One Is Home... 8 09-02-2009 01:26 PM
Homecoming tina4318 West Virginia Parole, Probation & Release 9 03-27-2009 07:37 PM
Another Homecoming davidsmominva Coming Home 2 09-14-2008 04:48 PM
A Homecoming ourfirstloves Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service 20 10-23-2006 10:08 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics