Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:25 PM

Default Sending money from UK to USA

Hi everyone,

I would like to send some money to my friend in Ohio, and since I'm in the UK its proving difficult!

GTL won't accept UK cards when depositing money to a trust fund, does anybody in the UK know of a prepaid credit card I could get that will be accepted in the US?

I spoke to a lady on the phone with GTL and she suggested I look into it but I don't even know where to start!

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2019, 12:47 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,216 Times in 4,667 Posts

Hi gtl wonít accept any overseas bank cards for inmate trust fund accounts. Even uk pre paid cards will be denied. I can fund a pin debit account for the phone but not the trust fund.
Can you use JPay? That may be a solution. If not the only option is a trusted family member in the USA.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-20-2019), jessesgirl1111 (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 09:42 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysaskia View Post
Hi everyone,

I would like to send some money to my friend in Ohio, and since I'm in the UK its proving difficult!

GTL won't accept UK cards when depositing money to a trust fund, does anybody in the UK know of a prepaid credit card I could get that will be accepted in the US?

I spoke to a lady on the phone with GTL and she suggested I look into it but I don't even know where to start!

Thank you
Have you tried jpay? GTL wonít work

ďIíd like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.Ē

Old 08-21-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
Have you tried jpay? GTL wonít work
You will probably have to send it to someone you trust and have them to send it to him from the US. Ive seen people talk about how expensive and difficult it can be to get it here from overseas. Good luck
Old 08-22-2019, 05:46 PM
Rebel Rebel ....
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Hi gtl wonít accept any overseas bank cards for inmate trust fund accounts. Even uk pre paid cards will be denied. I can fund a pin debit account for the phone but not the trust fund.
Can you use JPay? That may be a solution. If not the only option is a trusted family member in the USA.
Hi - I'm having problems funding GTL phone calls - what do you mean by 'PIN debit' ?
Thanks for any advice x
Old 08-23-2019, 01:06 AM

Pin debit is what Colorado call the inmate phone account. I find mine through the Gtl app on my phone. What problems are you having. With the phone account.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:41 AM
Rebel Rebel ....
Donation Award 

Hi thanks for replying - it won't even let me access the website or app - just keeps telling me 'Oops there's a problem, please try later' I phoned them, got an automated message and they charge me £8 just to listen to it Can't send money via GTL or even moneygram for him to put on the phone - all I can do is pay for JPay stamps and he's having to pay the calls It's Michigan DOC x

Last edited by Zanna; 08-23-2019 at 01:43 AM..
Old 08-23-2019, 07:43 AM

Can you send money via jpay? Also the app is available on the App Store on I phone I donít know about android phones. The app works fine for me.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:08 AM

Yes, both apps are accessible to android users as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to keywii For This Useful Post:
maytayah (08-23-2019)
Old 08-24-2019, 01:41 AM
Rebel Rebel ....
Donation Award 

Hi - No, only stamps available on Jpay and tried the Apps - same problem.
It's annoying but he refuses to let me send money, so not a major disaster, just would have liked to fund a couple of extra calls every week.

I thought you had somehow managed to fund GTL calls online from the UK.

Guess it's me for the stamps and him for the calls

Xx
Old 08-24-2019, 02:56 AM

Default Sending money from UK to USA

I do fund Gtl calls from the uk. I use the Gtl app and itís straight forward. Maybe your state doesnít accept international cards. I am not sure why you canít download the app on your phone. When you search for the app what are you putting in? If you put in Gtl you will get a lots of apps called Gtl that are not anything to go with global tel link. If you search on global tel link you should get the correct app. Itís free and it a purple colour.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-24-2019), Zanna (08-24-2019)
Old 08-24-2019, 07:05 PM
Rebel Rebel ....
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
I do fund Gtl calls from the uk. I use the Gtl app and itís straight forward. Maybe your state doesnít accept international cards. I am not sure why you canít download the app on your phone. When you search for the app what are you putting in? If you put in Gtl you will get a lots of apps called Gtl that are not anything to go with global tel link. If you search on global tel link you should get the correct app. Itís free and it a purple colour.
THANK YOU!! I could freakin' kiss you!! It worked xxxxx
The Following User Says Thank You to Zanna For This Useful Post:
maytayah (08-25-2019)