Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Crime & Court Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Crime & Court Talk News and discussion on all things to do with crime and/or the court system.

Old 03-22-2005, 09:25 AM
I sure do miss him!

Default For those who believe Scott Peterson is innocent - friendly questions

PLEASE DO NOT allow the following to turn into a war. I am simply interested in hearing what other people think and not about who can conjure up the best insults.

I have noticed that there are a lot of people on PTO who believe Scott Peterson is innocent. I would like to know, calmly, why the people who feel Scott is innocent, feel that way. It is probably obvious that I think Scott is guilty, but I am not above expanding my horizons and giving him the benefit of the doubt. So, I would appreciate a few sentences from those who believe Scott is innocent as to why they think he is and why.

Once again, I do not want this to become a heated topic, I am simply interested in hearing why people feel the way they do. I wish this thread to remain a polite and respectful one.

Thank you!

Must we kill to prevent there being any wicked?
This is to make both parties wicked instead of one.
~from Pensees, by Pascal (1670)

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2005, 09:32 AM
U call it madness...

Katie,

Thanks for posting...I too am intrested to hear from people who believe he is innocent...I really didnt follow to closely on the case but did watch a few things here and there and I just think he was too much of a lier not to have done something...Thats just my opinion...I think he is in serious need of a psychologist...I dont think all murders are bad people just sick people...He must have had some serious issues..didnt he even tell his "lover" that he was in france once during a new years? i mean could he have come up with a BIGGER lie?

Old 03-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Account Closed

I really don't think he is innocent, and I hope he finds the help he needs while in prison. Because he has some serious issues. But I am interested in to hear why some may feel he is innocent, without being judgemental.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Closed

i do not know for sure if i feel he is guilty or innocent, but i do believe he was wrongly convicted. i just do not believe there was enough eveidence to convict him of murder. ESPECIALLY THE DEATH PENALTY. why do you think he is guilty?
Old 03-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Account Closed

I agree with Ashtynn, there was not enough evidence to convict him let alone the death penalty. I think he is guilty of having a mistress and not being an honest person, but that doesn't make him a killer
Old 03-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Jeffs Princess

I believe that he is guilty, but I do not believe that he should be executed and I do not believe that there was a substancial amount of evidence to warrant a sentence of death. JMO

~Jeff's Princess~
Old 03-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Go Packers!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't follow the case to closely but from what I did follow, I dont think they had enough evidence to sentence him too death...
Not to mention there is no way he could get a fair trail... That red haired jurror that just came out the other day calling him names and what not is proof that he never had a fair trail. That is what I am angry about...
Can you say they proved with out a doubt he commited those crimes? Just because he's a lier doesn't mean he is a killer. There are a lot of guys who lie, cheat, and do all kinds of horrible things to there wifes but they don't kill them! Just my opinion here!
Old 03-22-2005, 10:04 AM

Not here to judge I am here to give support to loved ones that need it in their time of sorrow and feeling lost in all of this.
I personally would be reluctant to seek support if my son guilt or not guilty was plastered all over this site. just something to think about
Old 03-22-2005, 10:06 AM
A new beginning

I don't wanna get caught up in the whole Guilty/Innocent thing, but I have to agree that he did not get a fair trial. They even had a movie made before his trial was over! There was too much publicity and I am sure the jurors already had their opinion of him, no matter what the facts were. Now, do you guys think Micheal Jackson will have a fair trial? I can say that his own bizarre behavior ain't helping!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Old 03-22-2005, 11:22 AM
I sure do miss him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by az-tears
Not here to judge I am here to give support to loved ones that need it in their time of sorrow and feeling lost in all of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by az-tears

I personally would be reluctant to seek support if my son guilt or not guilty was plastered all over this site. just something to think about

Yeah, I totally thought about that...that is why I am trying to be open-minded, and I think his family will appreciate my openness (I know my family would). I think he is guilty but I posed this question so that I could become more understanding and less judgmental.

To member(s) of the Peterson clan: if you are reading this I am in search of the truth, that is why I asked why other people for their thoughts. I wondered if perhaps there was something I missed or something the media grossly distorted (like the media often does) If you are offended please forgive me!

Thanks for bringing that misunderstanding to my attention az-tears!

Old 03-22-2005, 11:28 AM
I sure do miss him!

I do agree that the media definitely did not help Scott obtain a fair trial. I believe because of them no place would have allowed him one (Ex. a change of venue would have been useless).
Old 03-22-2005, 01:11 PM

I don't know, I think it depends on the jury quite honestly. Look at O.J. Simpson, the media plastered him but he was found not guilty. I do agree, I think it's unfair he was given the death sentence, whether he is guilty or not. You need to think of it in two ways:

ALL of us know the pain involved when a loved one is in prison and the pain they endure. SO, if he is guilty, he will be in prison, alone, and have time to think about what he did.

If he is not guilty, the time will give him the opportunity to get an appeal and perhaps prove his innocence.

However, I have heard that you're more likely to die in prison before executed in California so let's just hope for the best for both families and pray that god sorts this all out in the end.

Last edited by Athena732; 03-22-2005 at 01:12 PM..
Old 03-22-2005, 01:41 PM

Location: Back in queens NY where I belong..him well in Altona.

I followed the case somewhat and I sometimes dont know what to feel or say. All I know for sure is nobody knows what really happened . The only two that do is Laci and Scott. YOu see I learned a long time ago that what we all percieve to be true may not be true at all.

Everyone can believe you are in marital bliss and this great couple but no one knows what happens behind closed doors. Know what I mean.

Scott will probably die keeping his mouth shut. I think the media did a lot to make us all "think of him as a sociopath". Some people re act to different things. Hence how I may take a death may not be the same way you may deal with it.

What I find to be very sick is that Laci's head and arms were never found.. when they buried her all there was to bury was a torso. All of the families involved are hurting and need closure.

I for one would love to hear his story.....what does he have to lose?

I also know he got a lot of attention.. was it because he has money.. lived in a affluent community. Because the poor people get screwed all the time. Like they say money talks ...bull----- walks.

It is not up to me to judge Scott....he will have to come to terms with what happened.

I know the spokes person for San quentin said he has been getting alot of mail.. too much mail.

he will have plenty of time to read all his letters ... I do pray for him..
Old 03-22-2005, 01:48 PM

The media made this case a nightmare. There was way too much coverage. IMO if I had been on the jury I wouldn't have been calling the defendant names. Would have done my duty and then moved on. I've had my doubts about the case. All fingers point to Scott, but we never saw or heard of any physical evidence that would prove he did it. He was dumb in the choices he made of having an affair, but can he really be that smart to not leave any evidence behind. He may have seen Laci's disappearance as a way out of his marriage. I dunno I'm just speculating. I'm curious also on people's thoughts about it but don't want to see it become a war.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie_Luis

I for one would love to hear his story.....what does he have to lose?
his appeals for a start
Old 03-22-2005, 01:53 PM

Location: Back in queens NY where I belong..him well in Altona.

What do you mean by his appeals...do you know how many years it would take before an appellate judge woudl hear his story.

Yes he had an affair..

If I an ask him a question why wait until laci was 8 months pregant. then again we may never know what really happened.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:18 PM
I sure do miss him!

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:58 PM

I really do not know if he is guilty, but I do find his conviction surprising. There simply was not enough evidence to convict him. so he cheated on his wife, so he was somewhat indifferent to her dissapearacnec, so he went fishing in the bay wher she and the baby were found, that is all circumstantial and not clsoe to "beyond a reasoanble doubt". that is what bothers me, even if the jurors felt in their hearts that he did it, I beleive that the prosecution did not prove their case and under this judicial system, if that is the case, he should have been aquitted.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Donation Award 

Too much coverage.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:45 PM
justice to all

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateeh
PLEASE DO NOT allow the following to turn into a war. I am simply interested in hearing what other people think and not about who can conjure up the best insults.

I have noticed that there are a lot of people on PTO who believe Scott Peterson is innocent. I would like to know, calmly, why the people who feel Scott is innocent, feel that way. It is probably obvious that I think Scott is guilty, but I am not above expanding my horizons and giving him the benefit of the doubt. So, I would appreciate a few sentences from those who believe Scott is innocent as to why they think he is and why.

Once again, I do not want this to become a heated topic, I am simply interested in hearing why people feel the way they do. I wish this thread to remain a polite and respectful one.

Thank you!
YOU ARE A BRAVE ONE I WILL NEVER SEND A MAN TO DEATH ROW ON THAT KIND OF EVIDENCE AND NO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MAN BEING CUTE, BUT THE MAN SHOULD HAVE KEPT HIS MOUTH CLOSED HE WAS CONVICTED IN THE MEDIA AN HE RAN AND CHANGED HIS APPERANCE IF HE HAD OF STAYED AND FOUGHT I WOULLD HAVE NEVER CONVICTED HIM. AND TO HIS LAWYER DID THE BEST HE COULD.... SCOTT YOU SHOULD,NT HAVE RAN.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:22 AM

I don't know if he did it or not but I followed the case very closely and there is no way he got a fair trial.
The media turned him into the most hated man in America and the treatment of the Peterson FAMILY has been like nothing I've ever seen. I hope he gets a new trial, God knows there are enough appelate issues to last a lifetime!
Old 03-25-2005, 12:47 AM
When Classy met her THUG

Default All about demeanor

I agree that there was not enough evidence to convict him BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. For me personally there was reasonable doubt written all over the state's case. I think he was convicted because people didn't like his demeanor and the fact that he was a lying/cheating man. Well if we sentence people to death based on that then we as women would be up a creek without a paddle.....

I'm Not Always There When You Call
But I'm ALWAYS On Time

Old 03-26-2005, 03:52 AM
I sure do miss him!

(Ashtynn here ya go! )

The fact that he tried to run and that he dyed his hair definitely did not help his case. I find it strange that Lacy and Connor's bodies were found in the same location as the same place he went fishing (though I recognize this could be purely coincidental, but it seems like a longshot). I also find the type of DNA they found on his boat strange. Those reasons are why I think he is guilty, not to mention the cult theory doesn't seem plausible. Oh, and the fact that his sister has written a book conceding his guilt really doesn't help him or his public image either. Since the Peterson family was so close, I donít understand why his sister would write about her belief in her brotherís guilt if he really wasnít guilty.

Did anyone hear that when Scott was in college he was investigated for another murder that was never solved? I find it a little strange that one person was investigated for two separate murders. While it is quite possible that Scott Peterson was in the wrong place at the wrong time twice, it is also quite possible that he killed Lacy and Connor. Remember they interviewed Gary Ridgeway (the Green River Killer) years ago, and then eliminated him as a suspect. Anything is possible....

As a side note: when the story first broke and Scott was accused of the murders, I found it strange that a husband would leave his 8 months pregnant wife home alone two days before Christmas. Of course that has nothing to do with the court proceedings that was just my first impression.

Old 03-26-2005, 04:40 AM

The only DNA found on his boat was the DNA contained in 1 strand of hair. I'm not sure he was trying to run when he was arrested since he had family in San Diego and had been staying there on and off the entire time.

I have read the 33 reasons that AB thinks her half brother is guilty and none of them have anything to do with murder IMO

SP was never investigated for the murder of the girl in college he simply attended the same college as she did and the media has grabbed that and ran with it. The boyfriend is and has been the main suspect in that case since the beginning.

I have my own opinions about the sisters book and the reasons she wrote it but I'll keep them to myself for now.

Good thread!
Old 03-26-2005, 01:56 PM

I think he is guilty of A LOT of things, but I don't believe murder is one of them. The state never showed any cold hard facts. I have read all of the books and everything was circumstantial. I think the media did him in, they had him guilty from day 1. I just don't think he got a fair trial and to be given the death penalty on all circumstantial evidence is just crazy...JMO