Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Dieting & Health
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: The Best Diet
Low Calorie/ Low Fat 75 19.58%
Low Carb/ High Protein 98 25.59%
Jenny Craig ( or other pre- packaged diets) 4 1.04%
Liquid Diet (Medifast/ Slimfast) 17 4.44%
Weight Watchers 83 21.67%
Other 106 27.68%
Voters: 383. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2006, 10:42 AM

Weight watchers is the only diet that has ever worked for me. It is really easy in that you can eat what ever you want.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Larry's Girl

I have been dieting all my life (since I was 10 and I am mid-40's now) and 2 years ago I started living the Atkins low carb lifestyle. I call it that because I will have to do this for my lifetime. I am a carb addict. I have lost more than 90 lbs. Its the only one that worked for me but everyone's body reacts differently.

Lisa
Old 07-15-2006, 09:47 AM
-:¦:-:¦:-:¦:-:¦:-

Eat more fruits and vegetables, drink water instead of high calories drinks, control portions, don't completely eliminate any foods because that will just cause cravings, walk a couple of miles a day and make overall healthier choices. Making better food choices and exercising regularly did the trick for me.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:14 PM
PRINCESS AWAITS KNIGHT

I swear by atkins(high protein.low carbs) diet. I have lost 55 lbs by it and losing my last 15-20 before my FRP(I hope ) its a great diet and easy.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

I voted for the low calorie/low fat diet (with portion control).

I've been on one for two months; Atkins was not the way to go for me, because my cholesterol is 280, and also, you need nutrition from all of your basic food groups. For me, it is not about dropping the weight fast (seems like everyone wants that quick fix nowadays), but losing it naturally while adopting a healthier lifestyle in the process. I refuse to take any kind of pills, so pill diets are out for me,too.

I also hit the treadmill now 5 times a week, now I'm up to an hour each time, and in the two months I've lost 10 pounds. Not drastic, but a good start. Plus I feel more energetic, and working out is a great stress reliever! Also, I've cut down the fast food to once a week. I guess with both of my parents having strokes, it has scared me into taking better care of myself.

For me, I want to lose the weight to feel better (for myself) and it is working. Well, Ok, I need to get my energy up so I'll be able to keep up with my boyfriend when he comes home in under 9 months. I don't want to get winded 5 minutes into a round of intense cardio activity!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:30 PM

Wink The prayer diet really works

Hi

I have tried the prayer diet and it just wonderful and it works. Every morning, say a prayer asking God to help you eat the right food. Every time you have a craving, pray to God and ask him to help you overcome the craving instead of giving in to it. Some people need to pray several times a day, but that's OK. God hears each prayer no matter what.

God wants us to ask for His help in all situations. It pleases Him to know that you put your trust in Him to help you through difficult situations. Dieting is one of the most difficult situations for most people.
The Following User Says Thank You to mommyelf For This Useful Post:
hoolio's mom (05-24-2008)
Old 07-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned

i think the best diet is the "eat as much dark chocolate as you want" diet

Last edited by JJsPenPal; 07-27-2006 at 11:08 PM..
Old 08-20-2006, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow94
I voted for the low calorie/low fat diet (with portion control).

I've been on one for two months; Atkins was not the way to go for me, because my cholesterol is 280, and also, you need nutrition from all of your basic food groups. For me, it is not about dropping the weight fast (seems like everyone wants that quick fix nowadays), but losing it naturally while adopting a healthier lifestyle in the process. I refuse to take any kind of pills, so pill diets are out for me,too.

I also hit the treadmill now 5 times a week, now I'm up to an hour each time, and in the two months I've lost 10 pounds. Not drastic, but a good start. Plus I feel more energetic, and working out is a great stress reliever! Also, I've cut down the fast food to once a week. I guess with both of my parents having strokes, it has scared me into taking better care of myself.

For me, I want to lose the weight to feel better (for myself) and it is working. Well, Ok, I need to get my energy up so I'll be able to keep up with my boyfriend when he comes home in under 9 months. I don't want to get winded 5 minutes into a round of intense cardio activity!
lol!!! Naughty girl!

Old 08-26-2006, 09:20 PM
♥Rebel with a Cause♥
Donation Award 

The Curves Eating Plan...Eat (5) meals a day...and Exercise...I lost 15 Lbs and inches in 6 weks and I have kept it off, Im getting toned and staying Heathly....

Maeve
Old 11-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Mi Querido Diamante 21681

I did the atkins and lost 50 lbs but my husband doesnt low carb and i cook for him alot so I gained my weight back especially when he left this last time stress had me puttin on more weight along with other factors. I have PCOS and anything that I eat that has sugar and carbs makes me gain just like that. I tried to get back into eating healthy but I just for the most part skip alot of meal and eat a bunch of junk not too much fast food but foods that aren't too good for me either. My husband says I need to start eating healthy againl. I need Help LOL
Old 12-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Donation Award 

any diet is a good diet if it works for the person. I did all of them!
I am doing the South beech Diet this time around.

I have done Atkins..lost 10pds and then started back on bread and gained the 10pds.

I have done Weight watchers but they do not give me enough points to eat so I always went over and lost nothing.

I have done diet pills..not good!! I bounced of walls.

over all..working out and a healthy diet with small amounts of CARBS , sugar and fat works everytime.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:07 PM

Well, any diet that has you consuming less calories than you expend will "work", ie, result in weight loss. So a lot of it is what works for you in that regard. Do you want to count calories, points, carbs, fat grams? Add 'em up. Make sure you get enough activity to burn more than that. Voila, weight loss. Counting anything personally makes me batty, but WW has worked the best for me out of any of them.

What's healthiest though is to eat whole foods. Good carbs and good fats. White sugar, white flour, trans fats...that's all crap, does wacky stuff to your system. If you can't pronounce the ingredients, you're better off not eating it. This is the plan I'm working on. It's not very fast in the weight loss department, but I tell ya, I feel a lot better!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Weight watchers is for me by far the healthiest.

But I don't always have time for meetings so I am doing Medifast for a month, which, by the way is not a liquid diet anymore... you have special high-protein soups, chile, oatmeal, diet bars and a healthy dinner... So far, so good..

But I will switch to plan like WW afterward because I need help in the maintenance department.

Let's give 'em something to talk about!

Old 01-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Faithfully waiting
Donation Award 

I have done my own diets. LOL And Im still here. Hum? Anyone know why? This is my third time on Weight Watchers. Im doing it at home. It works as long as my will power is in it. My points at first---I was like what the ______. What the ______ am I supposed to live on. My first dinner was 3 times the points for the day. _____ _______ _______ Well you get the point. This time around I work out, I eat right, and I finally started drinking water. Yay!!!! Last two days Ive drank at-least 80 oz. I had a WW muffin for breakfast, 1/2 cup of baked beans and 5 oz of chicken for lunch, a turkey sandwich for dinner and I have felt stuffed all day. (WOW thats a first!!!!) All this time I thought I was starving and I was not getting the fiber I needed, and I was dehydrated. Wish me luck Im serious this time around.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:55 AM

The best diet is the one that works for you- the problem is finding it.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Ashley

I voted for other, b/c the only thing that has worked for me is taking slimquick, going to the gym 4 days a week and stop eating after 8pm! I still eat what I want but not as much as I used to!! I actually love going to the gym to, I find it very helpful in relieving my stress and helps with my losing of weight! But everyone is different!! Good luck with youre weight loss!! We can all do it together! Just keep your mind focused on it and you can achieve it!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:22 AM

I once dropped 2 dress sizes in 3 weeks on slimfast,but i was having 3 shakes a day and a real small meal and i was forever hungry but that was a few years ago,now im 40 i find keeping the wait off a lot easier as i eat loads less for a start and i exercise at least 4 times a week not really vigorously just sit ups push ups and i use my excercise ball which i love.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marri
The best diet is the one that works for you- the problem is finding it.
So true!!! And being ready and motivated. I think any diet would be working for me right now because I am SO ready to lose this weight.

As I've mentioned before, I am doing Medifast and loving it. Lost 24 pounds in 10 weeks and I'm learning very good lifetime habits for maintenance, too, which is surprising to me... Imma happy camper.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:51 AM

qwerty~ That's great. I'm glad you found something that is working for you and something that you can really call a life style. Keep up the good work.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:02 PM

if you're not careful, low carb is bad for you. I have a friend who had a heart attack... lots of colesterol and sodium in lots of the lower carb foods. south beach as opposed to atkins if you go that route. more options for food. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitN4Him
qwerty~ That's great. I'm glad you found something that is working for you and something that you can really call a life style. Keep up the good work.
Thanks so much!!! I'm now down 33 lbs. on this plan and am 10 lbs. from my final goal. WooooHoooo!

HW/199

SW188/CW155/GW145

Old 04-11-2007, 10:56 AM
AKA Mrs Lynch

Default 6 week Body Make Over

Hello all. I was wondering if any one has tried this program if so could you please give me your feed back on it. Thank you .

"I resign myself to missing you for I know I have the rest of my life to wake up next to you."
Old 04-20-2007, 11:21 PM

I have finally started loosing weight by doing a "lifesyle change" instead of a "diet". It involves portion control and exercising (no brainer) I still allow myself the occasional treat but if I do i cut back during other meals or take that extra walk.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:22 PM

For me, WW does it. I have been following the flex plan for the past 2 mths. and i have lost 30.4 lbs. The biggest part to learn is portion control. The meetings also help me alot.People need to find what is good for them. I have done many diets and this works best for me. But any diet you do YOU HAVE TO EXERCISE!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:52 PM
new to this!!

ive been doing a low carb diet since monday and have lost 6lbs already!!!! by far the quickest and more effective.

my 2 cents from a serial dieter!!