Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Dieting & Health
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: The Best Diet
Low Calorie/ Low Fat 75 19.58%
Low Carb/ High Protein 98 25.59%
Jenny Craig ( or other pre- packaged diets) 4 1.04%
Liquid Diet (Medifast/ Slimfast) 17 4.44%
Weight Watchers 83 21.67%
Other 106 27.68%
Voters: 383. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 01:09 PM
God is Awesome!

the only diet that truly has ever worked for me has been low - carb - i went on it after I had my first child and lost 25lbs in like 2 1/2 mos but it is hard to maintain which is why i havent been successful on it again
Old 08-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by javisbabymama
the only diet that truly has ever worked for me has been low - carb - i went on it after I had my first child and lost 25lbs in like 2 1/2 mos but it is hard to maintain which is why i havent been successful on it again
The reason this diet is hard for you to maintain is that you need the carbs for energy. A low carb diet should only be a temporary diet. Try introducing more fruits and veggies - especially the fruits because they are high in NATURAL sugars that give your body the energy it needs to function throughout the day.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:04 PM

I lost 70 pounds on the "poor womans" Jenny Craig...which was Lean Cuisine.I ate fruit or yogurt for breakfast,a salad and half a sandwich for lunch,and then a Lean Cuisine entree for dinner.If I had a snack,it was something low fat,or fresh fruit or veggies.And I did lots of walking.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Xenical

I am on a prescription pill called Xenicle or Xenical. Forgot how to spell it. Anyway, it is different from other diet pills. It takes much of the fat out of whatever you eat. I take 2-3 pills a day and I drink lots of water. Plus, I dance. Sometimes, I will go hiking or just hit the gym. Even with Xenical, you can not just eat whatever you want. I try to eat healthy. Limit sweets and carbs. When I do eat 'rich' food, I eat them in moderation. Small portions. The bottom line is that there is no miracle. It is all about burning more calories than you consume. If all else fails, just do the diet coke and cigarette diet. Parliaments rock. lol. just joking. I don't smoke anymore, but that was my diet when I was younger. Cigarettes and diet coke.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:56 AM
5 yrs of infidelity&drugs
Donation Award 

eating right and exercising. that's the only way it worked for me. i've tried many- and had success. then found myself right back in the same place.

Battman has been home about three years...
OFF PAROLE IN 4 DAYS 12/21/11!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 AM

my mom lost 110lbs by letting me diet her ...i dont use any of the diets you see on t.v ...i do a little bit of low cal and a lil bit of low carb , eat in moderation with lots of excersize and water ....stay away from all or any kind of junk foods
Old 10-17-2007, 03:08 PM

I've always had my biggest success on weight watchers.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Edd

Here's my diet secret....(you can send me a check if you like.., lol..) find 25 things you shouldn't eat....cola, ice cream, pastry, anything..ANYTHING..in a cellophane bag...most things with caffeine...and most dairy products.....I promise PROMISE....YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT..it's not easy...it's not easy...it's not easy....but it works...
everytime you feel shaky like you're going to 'cheat'....just remember you're only cheating yourself....since losing weight my blood pressure is the best ever...my skin feels like a baby's bottom, lol...and I don't have any digestive (I'll just leave it at that...) problems like I used to..
WATER...WATER...AND MORE WATER...lots of fresh fruits....veggies...and regular meals...tonight I'm having spaghetti & meatballs, salad, and water and lemon..!! Best part about most bad foods...you can learn to live without them, it's so easy!!!
So now I'll tell you my funny weighwatcher's story....went to my first meeting...about 10 years ago....there was an instructor who asked women in the first row how much weight they'd like to lose....so one woman puts her hand up and says, "I'd like to sit on the bowl and have my 'cheeks' separate by themselves!!!'.... I left....
good luck..
Eddri

Last edited by Eddri; 10-19-2007 at 02:40 PM..
Old 10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Ehrens mom

I lost 80 lbs on weight watchers, then stopped and started to gain again, so Im back on it. its easy and you can eat what you like.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:18 PM

I Had Stapples Put In My Ears About A Year Ago And It Worked Great For Me. Actually It Was For Weight And Smoking. Lost Weight But Didn't Stop Smoking!
Old 11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Considers the source...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddri
so one woman puts her hand up and says, "I'd like to sit on the bowl and have my 'cheeks' separate by themselves!!!'.... I left....
good luck..
Eddri
LMAO...(of course, not because she needed to lose weight )
Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
He'll be home 2/6/2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.battsiii
eating right and exercising. that's the only way it worked for me. i've tried many- and had success. then found myself right back in the same place.
I'm the same way. I find it some much better for you to just find a routine and stick with it. When I started to lose weight, I just worked out 6 days a week and ate 5 meals a day. Breakfast, snack, Lunch, snack, & dinner. I didn't eat fattening foods but i didn't starve myself either. Just eat right and work out and you'll love yourself for doing that. I'm starting to work out again in 6 months. I want to look good for my man when he gets out in 5 or 6 months from now. Good luck with everything. If you need help with anything just let me know. I'm the queen of diets and working out.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:28 PM
One step at a time.....

i'd like to start eating a little more natural. i've haven't gained weight, but "junk" in my midsection! (where i've never had a problem before) I did a low carb thing way back and dropped from 160 to about 130.... and it seems since i started eating normal ( well now, emotional) i've gained it in my stomach rather than where i normally used to gain it, in the hips and thighs. any tips??? now i'm back to 150.... and hating it.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Faithfully waiting
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddri
So now I'll tell you my funny weighwatcher's story....went to my first meeting...about 10 years ago....there was an instructor who asked women in the first row how much weight they'd like to lose....so one woman puts her hand up and says, "I'd like to sit on the bowl and have my 'cheeks' separate by themselves!!!'.... I left....
good luck..
Eddri
Good one! Ive been to a few but never heard something like that! I might just have to go back to see what she said the following week! LOL

Old 01-14-2008, 08:55 PM

I've only had success when I've counted calories and was conscious of eating nutritionally balanced meals. I find for me, diet is much more of a contributer to weight loss than exercise (I mean I can lose weight by dieting alone but not too well by ramping up exercise alone).

Don't worry, thought...I know exercise is super important for my health and so I do it as regularly as I can!

I have tried low-carb in the past but was not successful at sticking to it.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:44 AM
**ONE LUV**

I know the hardest part for me about loosing weight is keeping the weight off!!! I am like a yo yo sometimes. My only weight that works is SOUTH BEACH DIET! and yes I can still eat bread after the first 14 days..I can rock this diet any time works like a charm everytime!!!! it really does work... but yup keeping the weigth off not so good at it..This year i am only going from a size 9 to a 7 whooo I can't wait can't compare it from before when i first started the diet went from size 16 to 7 and went back up to 9..

Old 01-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Donation Award 

I did the south beach diet ... i did lose weight....but once i stopped the weight came back...i hate diets...the first three letters of diet is DIE...and thats what it made me feel like i wanted to do
Old 02-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Donation Award 

Everyone in my office has been doing Lindora for the past few months and they all look GREAT!!!! So, I started last week. Expensive, but with the results I saw, very worth it!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

I just bought a Turbo Jams DVD Set like rocking Kick boxing etc..I have 25 months until my man comes home and want to lose 70 or so lbs...NEED to lose that much actually! I am also using 3 and 5 lb hand weights in my truck as I drive to town etc and I have rock hard biceps already...I just do bicep curls while I drive..of course I drive 55 miles to get to a decent town...no traffic...but it helps to work my arms a little while I drive around...I have never heard of Lindora? Where can you find that?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:31 PM
This too shall pass

jenny craig really works, but if you really want the best weight loss and keep it off lindora it really does miracles
Old 02-05-2008, 06:16 AM
Donation Award 

I have never heard of Lindora. Please tell us about it.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Donation Award 

Thumbs up Lindora

Here's the link to their website:
http://www.lindora.com/default.aspx

And here's a link to a promo they are having right now:
http://www.lindora.com/promotions/99...relanding.html

Their deal is, when you sign up you give them a target weight loss goal and until you hit that goal you have to pay for their services. (monthly fee) Their services include a B-12 shot, peeing on a ketone strip to count your Ph (I think) and you have to go weigh in everyday!!! It's a great program, a little pricey, but really worth it! Oh, and once you hit your target weight loss you are a member for life! Yup, no more monthly fees, nothing!

Just like every weight loss program they have special food. They have started selling their bars at CVS for about $12 a box. My favorites are the peanut butter crunch and the double chocolate! Yummy!! They sell real food at their centers that is made by a real chef. It's mostly about portion control and cutting the carbs. Their program is real strict in the beginning, but it works wonders!!

Old 02-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Two of A Kind

I've had pretty good success with Slim-fast, in the past. I recently started it up again. Of course, exercise is the key for me. I will lose weight by dieting alone for the first few weeks - then it stops unless I exercise on a regular basis. Keeping the weight OFF is my biggest struggle. I'm really going for it this time though & I've found a great motivational site. I joined www.sparkpeople.com - it's a free website where you can get recipes, tips, information, etc. You can create your own personal web page. It has a weight ticker and you can track your food, if you choose to do so. It allows you to keep up with your calories, protein and fat intake. There's a ton of groups to join so you can get more support and they have message boards, too! It's been a great motivator for me, personally. Best of luck to everyone who's trying to lose weight or tone up!

The Following User Says Thank You to fyrenspyce For This Useful Post:
hoolio's mom (05-24-2008)
Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 AM

Smile

i.ve been going to Slimming World here in the uk for 20 weeks now and have lost 42 1/2lbs already!! its basically a totally healthy way of eating and i can honestly say i feel 10 years younger!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Donation Award 

Feeling great is always an added bonus! You are doing great!