Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Dieting & Health
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: The Best Diet
Low Calorie/ Low Fat 75 19.58%
Low Carb/ High Protein 98 25.59%
Jenny Craig ( or other pre- packaged diets) 4 1.04%
Liquid Diet (Medifast/ Slimfast) 17 4.44%
Weight Watchers 83 21.67%
Other 106 27.68%
Voters: 383. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2008, 01:34 PM
8.8.02 & Counting ♥

I love Weight Watchers "points" diet, It is the only one that has worked for me, & its so easy to follow

My Baby's HOME !
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 PM
custom user title
Donation Award 

Has anyone tried Curves? I have been going to my local curves for about two months and have lost 10 pounds and 6 inches! I really don't diet, although I have cut back on my soda intake, and sweet consumption.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:53 PM

I have a friend who went to curves and lost several inches and about 25 pounds.. She loved it.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armzgrl
jenny craig really works, but if you really want the best weight loss and keep it off lindora it really does miracles
What is Lindora?
Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Donation Award 

I voted low-carb, though the best diet is the one you can live with and stick to over time.

The absolute best site for nutrition/exercise on the web is

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosesguy For This Useful Post:
Anewme25 (08-28-2008)
Old 05-21-2008, 12:51 AM
nobody's fool
Donation Award 

The best diet isn't a diet at all, it's a full on lifestyle change. Diets fail is because you do them and when you stop, the weight starts coming back almost immediately. You have to change your eating habits and get more cardio exercise to lose weight properly. I tried a lot of different things in the past, but what has worked for me is making sure I have healthy food always available (Healthy Choice meals usually) and I do cardio exercises I enjoy, like hiking and climbing.
The Following User Says Thank You to aztheride For This Useful Post:
hoolio's mom (08-29-2008)
Old 05-24-2008, 05:45 AM
only GOD can judge us

hi everyone. i love any subject or post about weight loss. i will read any book or magazine about tips. like first and woman's world. i love those magazines. i need to subscribe. but too expensive. anyways i've been dieting for years off and on. some success, some not lol. i hate the word diet. i'm trying to find another word to use. but i think u should eat what you want, but like some of you said, portion control& don't just lay or sit there after you eat. move around. excercise. thats it.once i lost so much weight in less than 2 months& all i did was get my own lil bowl& use portion control& after each meal i did few lil home excercise. & it just came off. i know how to lose it, but 7 months ago i fell& broke my tibia/fibia. so i can't do much. not sure how long it takes to heal. i have dieter's prayers i got from this lady on sparkpeople, if you want me to post few , i will ok. thanks& good luck to all of us lol.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:36 PM

Short-term diets really don't do you much good.

A diet, really, is the way in which you normally eat.

It is much more healthy to consciously monitor yourself and be aware of what you are eating. It's fine to eat a piece of cake, but be aware that you are doing it and that you do not need to do it often.

Of course... a diet's best friend is exercise! Doctors recommend that people walk at least 30 minutes daily at a minimum.

Our minds have developed and created a lot through the last two centuries, but physically we are still not much more evolved from our old hunting-gathering ancestors. The human body NEEDS exercise to maintain health.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:08 PM
You+Me+Love = Forever

Thanked 1,116 Times in 850 Posts

I would have to say Weight Watchers Points system. It really really works because you can EAT. And it really helps you keep track and watch what you eat as well. I lost about 35 lbs on it in 6 months and of course you must exercise too but it was a really good program. I didn't go to meetings, I just sponged off of someone who already was enrolled and used their point sheet etc. But that's my vote!

*~Courtesy of Stinkerbell~*

Old 08-13-2008, 10:12 PM

Sensible Eating Plan!!! This is not really a "diet" but helped me lose about 12 lbs. in 3 weeks! I use this plan that my Massage Therapy Instructor gave our class...and it really works!
Drink lots of water throughout the day!! You can also have 1 diet soda per day, and drink black coffee or tea. You can use artificial sweetener.

Breakfast
Pick one: Black coffee, hot tea, water
Pick one: 1 fresh fruit (Orange, banana, 1/2 cup of berries) or one small glass of fruit juice like OJ (not a fruit "drink")
Pick one: Cereal with skim milk or whole grain toast with peanut butter (No butter or margarine on anything, ever)

Lunch
Pick one: 4 ozs. of plain tuna (not tuna salad!), chicken, turkey, or any lean meat/fish. I usually ate tuna right out of the can with lots of pepper (NO SALT). or 1 slice of swiss/cheddar cheese.
Pick one: 6 saltine crackers or 1 peice of whole grain bread
Pick one: One fresh fruit of any kind. I usually ate a banana.

Dinner
4 ozs. any lean meat/fish. Broiled or grilled. Nothing is ever breaded or deep-fried.
2 Servings of fresh fruit or vegetables or 1 of each. You can use Molly McButter on your veges for taste. No salt!! (NO POTATOES, or RICE, EVER)

Right before you go to bed eat one container of yogurt...any flavor!

The first few days on this "sensible eating plan" you will feel a little bloated, but that will go away. It's just because your body is not use to eating correctly. This really works and I felt like I was eating ALL THE TIME. You can substitute different things, but try to stick to the original plan. If you fall off the plan or cheat, just get right back on. This plan will raise your metabolism fast, and the pounds will fall off! Remember to drink lots of water and don't skip any meals! PM me if you have questions

The Following User Says Thank You to bbycks41 For This Useful Post:
Ronnie (09-06-2008)
Old 09-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Donation Award 

I agree that quick weight loss plans usually don't last. I think it is more about committing oneself to a healthy lifestyle and staying faithful to it.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbycks41 View Post
Sensible Eating Plan!!! This is not really a "diet" but helped me lose about 12 lbs. in 3 weeks! I use this plan that my Massage Therapy Instructor gave our class...and it really works!
Drink lots of water throughout the day!! You can also have 1 diet soda per day, and drink black coffee or tea. You can use artificial sweetener.

Breakfast
Pick one: Black coffee, hot tea, water
Pick one: 1 fresh fruit (Orange, banana, 1/2 cup of berries) or one small glass of fruit juice like OJ (not a fruit "drink")
Pick one: Cereal with skim milk or whole grain toast with peanut butter (No butter or margarine on anything, ever)

Lunch
Pick one: 4 ozs. of plain tuna (not tuna salad!), chicken, turkey, or any lean meat/fish. I usually ate tuna right out of the can with lots of pepper (NO SALT). or 1 slice of swiss/cheddar cheese.
Pick one: 6 saltine crackers or 1 peice of whole grain bread
Pick one: One fresh fruit of any kind. I usually ate a banana.

Dinner
4 ozs. any lean meat/fish. Broiled or grilled. Nothing is ever breaded or deep-fried.
2 Servings of fresh fruit or vegetables or 1 of each. You can use Molly McButter on your veges for taste. No salt!! (NO POTATOES, or RICE, EVER)

Right before you go to bed eat one container of yogurt...any flavor!

The first few days on this "sensible eating plan" you will feel a little bloated, but that will go away. It's just because your body is not use to eating correctly. This really works and I felt like I was eating ALL THE TIME. You can substitute different things, but try to stick to the original plan. If you fall off the plan or cheat, just get right back on. This plan will raise your metabolism fast, and the pounds will fall off! Remember to drink lots of water and don't skip any meals! PM me if you have questions
This is actually a very good meal plan. I do love my brown rice and potatoes though. I gave up butter a long time ago because I found that mashed avocado is tastier on bread or toast and healthier (it's a good fat).

Last edited by panth3r; 09-07-2008 at 02:00 AM..
Old 12-09-2008, 03:47 PM

me personally i tried slimquick 3 years ago just to be doing somethin didnt need it at all im 5'8 and 150lbs did it while MWI was locked up and now want to gain ive been reading on the ACAI BERRY AND HAV heard a lot of good things about it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:02 PM

I found what worked best for me was to remember to only eat when my stomach told me it was hungry, not my mind. And I only ate fruits, vegetables and salads with light dressings. And drank tons of water. I suppose it wasn't that healthy because you're missing out on certain food groups but I felt great and lost weight.

Made a mistake on my ticker, its TOMORROW!

you'll never find one like me,
you know why?
No girl is s t u p i d enough to love you like
I do.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

Cool =)

Hmmm which diet do I think is best...let's see...I prefer the exercise and not be greedy with food diet (not eat everything in sight or over indulge)....that's just me though! To much of anything is always bad...but if you wanna put your health at risk with over the counter diet aids....try Leptopril I heard it works....

Last edited by alucio1981; 03-24-2009 at 04:07 PM..
Old 04-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Account Suspended

I started working out again. I tried about a million diets, and so far, you know...for me what works best is hitting the gym. and i cut out fast food. I eat whatever i want, but i stay away from the real junk foods and soda.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,841 Times in 4,101 Posts

The best diet for me is 3 Square meals (Square means covering all the necessary food groups in proper portion) with 2 healthy snacks in between with plenty of water and nothing after 7pm.
If I have to munch out at night I prepack all my snacks in 100 calorie snack baggie sizes so all I have to do is grab a baggie and snack. Once I have eaten that baggie that is it!!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:30 AM
In her Element!
Donation Award 

Wink

Hi, i am 100% in favour of low fat. Years ago i went from 78kgs to 60 in just 6 months. If you cut your fat intake to 25-30 grams a day, i guarantee you will lose weight. Sugar gets a bad rap. Of course, there are good (complex carbohydrates) and bad (soda, candy) sugars but at least it can be worked off. Fat is fat. You can eat as much as you like, as long as your fat grams are NO more than 30 grams. Pasta, bread, soups, low fat yogurt, sorbet, potatoes, beans,etc..all good! Don't even use olive oil. Though it is considered a "good" fat, it is loaded with fat per tablespoon. Luckily, I am a strict vegetarian, no eggs or dairy, so it is easy for me. But I was a fat child until i turned 21. Deep fried anything, chocolate (masses of it), ice cream.. if you are overweight & follow this low fat plan, the pounds will fall off. Your body wants to shed the fat. Even not exercising, your body will shed. But the irony of being overweight is that it sheds really fast when you take just a half hour walk with this plan. When i got to 60, i thought "great, I'm thin now, I can eat whatever I want".. and it came back on. After a break up a few years ago, the stress made me lose weight, but I put some back and I am an Australian size 11. The book that changed my life all those years ago was "Stop The Insanity!" by Susan Powter. Oh, and check serving sizes with regards to fat! A bit of very simple math and you will lose!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,890 Times in 886 Posts

For me personally the best diet is the low calorie diet w/ exercise of course. I'm on the 1300 calorie diet (but usually eat about 1200-1250) and I've lost 28 lbs. Old weight 156, new weight 128.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Jon's girl

I must be honest, if you are OBESE I totally believe in GASTRIC BYPASS... Notice I didn't say LAP BAND.

I had Gastric Bypass and went from 380 to 190...
Old 10-27-2009, 12:40 AM

Default lost 5 pounds a day with dr adkins.

even some days I always lost at least 1 pd a day. but one has to read the book, and safflower oil on salad with salt and pepper as dressing, with meat and cheese is the main thing I ate. the oil makes one lose the wieght.

I love my honey, and am so surprised by his love and patience,

Old 10-31-2009, 11:22 AM

Default Low Calorie Works!

I needed to lose 10 lbs for military purposes....and I cut down calorie intake started with a workout and have now lost 16 lbs I started that 6 weeks ago. My body has now become accustomed to the change in diet and lifestyle. I am much more aware of what it is that I am putting into my body.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:27 AM
aLL tHiNgS r PoSSibLe
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,075 Times in 556 Posts

6 week body makeover by michael thurman.......its amazing!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 6,456 Times in 3,301 Posts

NONE, I feel you have to make a life change...not a diet. If you diet then you will go back to the way you are used to eating and will gain all the weight back. For me it was finding the low fat low calorie foods that I liked and could eat, and learning to eat all the rest in moderation....
Old 11-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Change, before u have to

the best "get started" diet for me was doing HCG shots. I've never seen a diet work SO WELL and get immediate results. There are a lot of people against it, but I did some thorough research before starting it, and it's BY FAR the best

It does take a WHOLE LOT of commitment, willpower, and determination. I would say it was easy, but it was NOT.

I don't think I'm better than anyone; I just don't think anyone is better than me!