Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

View Poll Results: How far will you go with THEIR debt?
$500 5 38.46%
$250 1 7.69%
$100 2 15.38%
$50 5 38.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Loving Moe Forever!!

Post How far will you go with THEIR debt

I am asking all the ladies, how far will you go when your man makes a deal inside and then writes you or calls you and tells you to send a money order to this one or a money order to that one! What is your limit? Has this happened to you guys?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2006, 11:52 PM

this has never happened to me and i wouldn't do it i would tell him to take it out the money i already give him cuz i have enough of my own debts to take care of let alone his! my actual words would be hell nooo

Old 06-02-2006, 04:44 AM

I wouldnt do it...first of all, he got himself in trouble and got locked up..and now if he has made his bed let him lay in it...
Old 06-02-2006, 05:51 AM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,835 Times in 11,078 Posts

It's illegal, and immoral. He knows his limits, and blew it anyway? His problem, and if he gets beaten up because of it, maybe that will teach him a lesson that nothing else has been able to. Sorry, that's hard-hearted, but it's real.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:47 AM
Always Doin' My Best

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,168 Posts

$0. There is no way. I can barely pay the phone bill and give him commisary money. He knows better than to even ask me to do something like that. I also know that he isn't stupid enough to get himself in that kinid of mess either so it is a two-way street. I know that doesn't really help your situation. You will have to decide if you want to do that for him. I know one thing, once you cross a line, you can't go back. You do it once, he will ask you again. And again. And again. You get my point. No matter what, you take care of YOU first, and then help him however you can.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:45 AM

Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,684 Posts

I don't really have a limit. If he gets in trouble, he knows hes got it. He would do the same in reverse. If I ask him for something, he gives it to me, so he gets what he asks for. It never happened tho' so my answer is only in theory
The Following User Says Thank You to thatwiz For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (05-25-2012)
Old 06-02-2006, 07:51 AM

Zilch!!!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:23 AM
getting close!

Well, if it was for a good reason, I'd do it no problem. When he first went in and I was trying to readjust my budget, he had to borrow things from other inmates (to write me mostly). I'd take care of that although it wasn't worth a money order. He'd just give them a stamp or two back. But, if it was because he was gambling or spending beyond MY means, no way. He'd get nothing over and above what I sent him according to my budget. Period. He knows the guidelines here and if he chooses to ignore those, its his butt not mine. I'll be totally honest with you, I'd leave my man if he kept asking for money like that. It would be a sure sign to me that he hasn't "gotten it" and I'd want no part of it. Then again, he knows this so...
Old 06-02-2006, 08:31 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoenMoe7
I am asking all the ladies, how far will you go when your man makes a deal inside and then writes you or calls you and tells you to send a money order to this one or a money order to that one! What is your limit? Has this happened to you guys?

one thing about having a real woman on the outside...no matter what she does with herself...she must do this for her man keep the money moves real...from personal experience i have been in stitutions where i had to have cash sent to other prisoners accounts; when i was on commissary restriction, when i was in ad seg on a level denied full commissary privilege i would have money sent to others account and then work the commissary items to me via the prison's underground railroad...
i am saying that your man, if he is responsible, knows how to move his money...trust him unless he
shows signs of weakness...

(i am a man i hope i am not intruding)

jkn8

Last edited by counciller; 06-02-2006 at 08:33 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to counciller For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (05-25-2012)
Old 06-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Love it or Shove it......

As far as making deals, betting, gambling, this has NOT happened to me and it better not happen either. I see it like "don't write checks your a$$ can't cash"
The only way I would consider it is like Counciler said "if he's lost his commissary and he needed food or other items" then i would send $ to another inmate (whom he trusted) other than that he'll need to get a "suga momma" to pay out his deals that went sour.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:27 AM

This has not happened to me either. I would only do it if he lost his commissary like counciler said or was buying custom artwork or something like that, there are alot of really talented artists that are locked up. No way I would send money because he got dumb.
Loving my papi chulo club #69
Old 06-02-2006, 09:27 AM
waiting for him

$0. Hubby knows better than to ask for this. I am not doing anything to enable his bad judgement, if he ever does get involved in this way. He receives money for commissary and that is enough. If he 'mismanages' his money, it is on him. I love this man however I will not enable any illegal behavior.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Home since April 2009!!

Oh - NO - DONT THINK SO

Loving the freedom......

Last edited by mrssunnyb; 06-02-2006 at 10:12 AM..
Old 06-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Outlaw's honey girl

$0. I send what I feel comfortable with. He knows how to take care of business in there if he needs anything that he doesn't have money for. And he has others he can ask before me if he gets in a jam.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Everyone Fave GoofBall

I am gonna watch this thread for sure, this looks like a great topic.

However I dont have a man but my boo (female) knows I wont pay any of her debts, she made she can pay it.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:23 PM
loved!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 715 Posts

my hubby knows better than to even get into debt like that in prison, he doesn't play those games and he needs nothing from any other inmate. however if it were something important (which there has been in the past), i would pay up to 100.00.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:49 PM

He knows better than to ask. And if he if he ever lost his mind and did ask, he would never hear the end of it.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Banned

Not me. I wouldn't send anything because he takes care of his own debts. If he owes, he works and pays back, no matter how long it takes.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned

My husband pays his own debts with the money he makes at his job.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:59 PM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

I guess i seem to be the first to say that i would send $500 and anything else it would take to sort out the deal!! Money means nothing to me, but my man means everything! It could be a life or death situation. I would rather part with $500 than for anything to happen to my man! Call me silly, but i want my man home alive!

It hasnt ever happened to me, but it could have one time... His roomie got into something and my honey got dragged into it, just because they shared a cell. My honey had to help his roomie come up with a certain amount of money!

Last edited by 2nice; 06-02-2006 at 04:02 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to 2nice For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (05-25-2012)
Old 06-02-2006, 05:42 PM
getting close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nice
Call me silly, but i want my man home alive!
My point is simply that he's already making my life hell because he had one problem. I'm not trying to make it harder because he's trying to be MR. PIMP or whatever. Keep clean and we'll get through this just fine, I say. He gets all retarded while IN prison, he won't wanna come home, that's for DAYUM sure! I feel ya tho. Good point!

Ewwwwwwwww, there's a man over there!!!! *LMAO*
Old 06-02-2006, 06:11 PM
My husband is home....

I don't know. I would hope that my husband would not get any situation like that. He has been there before and he made it without any assistance from any one on the outside, so he should be able to deal with things on his own.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,169 Times in 884 Posts

NADAAAAA.Yes I'm his women and he can lean on me if he needs it,But If he wrote a check his A$$ cant cash then whos' problem is that.Yes if he is on commissary restriction then thats a diffrent story.but heck no I can barely make it now with him in there and for him to do something like that and then ask me to bail him out,please he better get to washin someone's draws in there cause he gets nothing from me!!!

If I write a bad check out here then it bounces and I'm responsible for it,why should this be the same for him?
Old 06-04-2006, 02:38 PM
loved!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nice
I guess i seem to be the first to say that i would send $500 and anything else it would take to sort out the deal!! Money means nothing to me, but my man means everything! It could be a life or death situation. I would rather part with $500 than for anything to happen to my man! Call me silly, but i want my man home alive!

It hasnt ever happened to me, but it could have one time... His roomie got into something and my honey got dragged into it, just because they shared a cell. My honey had to help his roomie come up with a certain amount of money!
i understand where you are coming from!! IF it meant that for me and mine, yes i would send the money. my hubby however, probably would not ever get into a bind that serious (500.00 worth) because certain things about him would prevent it, but if he ever did, i would do what i have to do.

i hold no grudges against my man for his current situation, and would never use that as leverage as to why i wouldn't help him, ESPECIALLY if i knew that i could help him in case he truly needed it.

again, my limit would be 100.00 if the need came up because i know that he would never get himself into a bind (not saying he can get himself out of a bind, but that he wouldn't get INTO one in the beginning), and if he did, i know it wouldn't be for more than 100.00.

but if it were E M E R G E N C Y time, then i would scrape up whatever it took.

again, we have had a rare situation or two where he needed me to help him out with something, and i did it, no questions asked, because i knew that it was a rare situation and i also knew that it was important.

and i see some posters voted in the poll...but i don't see too many of them posting why they would help their man. so far all i see are posters saying they wouldn't help him...what's up with that?! haha.

Last edited by mrschris; 06-04-2006 at 02:39 PM..
Old 06-04-2006, 03:40 PM
I am forever his.....

[quote=counciller]one thing about having a real woman on the outside...no matter what she does with herself...she must do this for her man keep the money moves real...from personal experience i have been in stitutions where i had to have cash sent to other prisoners accounts; when i was on commissary restriction, when i was in ad seg on a level denied full commissary privilege i would have money sent to others account and then work the commissary items to me via the prison's underground railroad...
i am saying that your man, if he is responsible, knows how to move his money...trust him unless he
shows signs of weakness...

(i am a man i hope i am not intruding)

I totally agree, this just happened to me about a month ago. My fiance was on commissary restriction and had another guy get some things for him. So he asked if I would send his money to this other guys account instead of his. So yes I would.....I trust him 100%

I love you Steve!